• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 20, 2020
To add to these complaints, it appears to be a problem with the Squirrels patch rather than the actual ROM base, since I get the same bug with just the squirrels patch and nothing else.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 25, 2023
to Fair

pokecommunity. com /showthread.php?t=373549

This link will help you. You need to use 1.95 of advance map. I use 1.92 to change maps in case anything implodes, and use 1.95 on adding mons. You need to hex edit some numbers but then it will let you add the new mons.

Edit: I can't post links so had to make spaces on the link, put it together to find the thread.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
Thank you one more thing I have to ask actually is if there is a way to add form changes with held items for pokemon like hoopa or giratina?

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
I'm running into some issues when using the Universal Randomizer on a firered rom with this applied on it. Does anyone know a way to avoid getting "-" as a move when randomizing pokemon movesets or tms/hms? Also, is there a way to include the newer generation abilities when randomizing the abilities for the 386 version of the base? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for such a great resource!

The only way to fix this would be to go in yourself and fill in all the blank moves. That's actually why there are blank slots for moves and pokemon

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
Dunno if its related to the above user but you can't actually add new mons. I did the gen 7 patch, the one that has megas and all gen 7 mons and the rom base has empty spaces for gen 8 mons. Well I was going to add some in just as a test... but the game implodes if you click on it :\. Like on PGE if you click on the empty spaces you made for adding in mons the game just rejects it and crashes. Making the empty spaces for adding in pokemon pointless.

Either try getting a clean rom and patch again or use G3T. It's working just fine for me.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
Hi I am trying to expand the # of pokemon in the rom, and I keep getting an unhandled exception that says "no access to memory location." The roms.ini is in the correct spot, as is the ini of the rom I am trying to hack. I expanded the rom size using PGE, took note of the 0xA00000 repointer in the PGE ini and am trying to add like 45-50 pokemon. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix?

Yeah I would say make sure you are repointing all the pointers to the new table correctly and make sure you are only filling free space with new data. If it's not working beyond that then there may be some sort of limitation to expanding with this patch. There are a lot of scripts and features that were not in the OG Fire Red therefore you can't expect it to behave the same. If you can figure out expanding the item table though, please let me know. I'm trying to add new items but I'm having a hard time finding a good tutorial on it.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jan 13, 2020
I very much hope work on this project continues. If you are open to it, I would like to suggest the addition of an enhanced item table with either more newer items or enough slots for us to add all the other items. It would also be great to see the moves that were taken out back in or even adding more new ones and the addition of scripts that allow us to use item to change a pokemon's form and fusion items for kyurem and necrozma. Maybe add deoxys other forms and allow the meteorite item to toggle through them. It was a little disheartening when i figured out the forms of giratina, hoopa, shaymin, genesect and others were not attainable by normal means and would require a script or for us to expand the item table ourselves. Anyway this is either way the best and most solid rom base I have ever seen and I very much appreciate your contribution to the community. I really hope you will keep working on this at least until everything is mostly caught up to gen 7.

Years
Is anyone aware if any of the modifications introduced by this ROM base use the RAM memory around 0x203C000 and beyond?

I am trying to implement FBI's Pokemon Storage System routine, but some of the bytes it uses are constantly overwritten by the game (for example, 0x203C000 is overwritten by 0x2 as soon as it is changed to anything else). This causes the routine/script to bug and fail. Which bytes are overwritten and with which values changes throughout the playthrough...

It is very likely that one of the routines uses this RAM space, as mentioned in the posts below. It would be great if Leon could share which memory locations are used/free in his ROM base.

For example, the expansion of safe flags and variables uses these locations:
It's pretty clear if you understand the ASM, but that's obviously a bit of a rarity. It repoints the flags into 0x0203C000 - 0x0203C1FF (0x200 bytes in total, giving 8 * 0x200 = 0x1000 flags).

And the vars are repointed into 0x0203C200 - 0x0203C5FF (0x400 bytes in total, giving 0x400 / 2 = 0x200 vars).

This memory is not normally saved, hence the requirement for JPAN's save block hack (which I link to a patch version of in the first post).

If you use both of these routines, you are left with 0x0203C600 - 0x0203CEC4 in the save block, meaning you can place other useful things in it, for example, you could store roaming Pokémon data in it (hint hint, wink wink :P).

A response to someone in that same thread:
I haven't used this, so I can't be sure it is perfect. But a quick scan of the routine shows that it is using 0x0203C000 to store the new flags. This should be fine by itself, but a lot of people use that area of RAM for their custom routines. This is why you need to read any routines you insert and keep track of which areas are RAM are being dedicated to what specific purpose. A flag will not be randomly be set. More likely, you're using 0x0203C000 for some other purpose without realizing it.
I don't think JPAN's saveblock hack goes beyond 0x0203D000. I want to say it is a little under x1000. Obviously it would be best if you knew which areas of RAM you were using, but I guess that isn't an immediate option. Until you can figure it out, try putting it closer to the end of the save area. Like 0x0203CC00 or something.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 23, 2024
Is there a way to remove these effects:

-Grass types immune to powder moves
-Electric types immune to paralysis

The AI doesn't recognize these effects and can spam them.

Last edited:

SetSenet

Set
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 8, 2020
Hey,
I've noticed that when using Overworld Manager the patch moves the main player sprite (the one with 20 frames). The sprite is still playable in the rom, I just can't locate it. Does anyone know how to track down the player frames?

Thanks,
Set

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 26, 2022
I don't know why but I can't go up in the rom, how can I resolve this?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 31, 2020
I applied 386 customizable and dollsteak de-cap and my rom just wouldn't load in AMap or VBA
Similarly, I made a separate attempt to apply to two patches in the order the names imply, and I just couldn't apply the second patch.
What do?

Droark236

Derek
Years
I'm brand new at this but perhaps try squirrel. I patched both just fine on a squirrel version of the ROM. I'm just trying to figure out how to actually expand the Pokedex. Have a-map 1.95 but can't seem to access any Pokemon past Chimecho. If you know the answer, maybe we can help each other out.

Years
I'm brand new at this but perhaps try squirrel. I patched both just fine on a squirrel version of the ROM. I'm just trying to figure out how to actually expand the Pokedex. Have a-map 1.95 but can't seem to access any Pokemon past Chimecho. If you know the answer, maybe we can help each other out.

Use the A-Map provided in the patch

Droark236

Derek
Years
The issue I was having was trying to use the 807+ pre-made. Don't know why but it wasn't working. Could have been a mistake I was making as I've played around and learned a lot. ATM, I'm using the 386+ customizable and manually working my way through the various Pokemon. Time-consuming, but worth it, in the end.

As for the other guys, apparently this site has a ban on sharing A-Map, no idea why. I had to search for an A-map 1.95 download on Google. Super easy to find, you'll get it quickly. Hope that helps.

Back