• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Leon's DPE + CFRU Base and Ultimate Rom Base

Snowka85

literally a ferret
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2023
    I've run into a slight roadblock trying to figure out how to use this. I managed to get the patch installed (not intending to use DPE/CFRU. just the ROM Base itself, since the post seems to make it clear that DPE/CFRU are not mandatory?) and using the INIs provided, G3T cannot read really anything correctly. Specifically, it doesn't show proper names for Pokémon past Chimecho, and attempting to load any of them throws a ton of errors, causing G3T itself to basically have its own little panic attack. Other comments in this thread have been saying that the INIs need to be manually edited, but how do I find the offset values I need to replace the ones in the INI with? I would think the INI being provided specifically for the ROM base would mean it'd at least be configured for the base (that is, not requiring DPE or CFRU?)? This is quite confusing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I've run into a slight roadblock trying to figure out how to use this. I managed to get the patch installed (not intending to use DPE/CFRU. just the ROM Base itself, since the post seems to make it clear that DPE/CFRU are not mandatory?) and using the INIs provided, G3T cannot read really anything correctly. Specifically, it doesn't show proper names for Pokémon past Chimecho, and attempting to load any of them throws a ton of errors, causing G3T itself to basically have its own little panic attack. Other comments in this thread have been saying that the INIs need to be manually edited, but how do I find the offset values I need to replace the ones in the INI with? I would think the INI being provided specifically for the ROM base would mean it'd at least be configured for the base (that is, not requiring DPE or CFRU?)? This is quite confusing.

To add the pokemon, use dpe and for many features to work, you also need cfru, the ini is obtained from offsets.ini after compiling cfru and dpe

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2022
    Does anyone know why this CFRU compiling errors show up? I didn't change the overworld.c file or anything with "HM05_Dive".
    I tried to apply CFRU to the previously successfully compiled test.gba (DPE compile) and also to a vanilla Fire Red.

mpLKBi0.png

Errors:

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 😊

EDIT: I solved the problem by disabling (commenting out) the following line in src/config.h :

Does anyone know how to use this feature?

I had this same problem. I fixed it by changing ITEM_HM05_FLASH to ITEM_HM05_DIVE in items.h

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Wait what?!? The old version of this base already had up to gen 7 built-in, didn't it?

Is there any way to get that without needing to learn an entire new coding language?

You don't need to learn code. The instructions are very nice:)

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Although I have enabled the necessary flags in src / config.h and have Dynamax Band (including the trainer), Dynamax still doesn't work. Can someone help me? Thanks in advance.

Snyphlosion

Abomination
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I seem to be having issues with the HGSS music patches. I can apply the base UPS and then inject DPE and CFRU just fine, game appears fully functional. If I apply the base UPS, then patch in the HGSS music, then inject DPE and CFRU (after making the required edits to songs.h and music_tables.c in CFRU and cleaning/recompiling), I end up having issues. Sometimes, notes from the first song in Palett Town hang indefinitely, even after the music gets changed. Then, some of the OW tiles are in day mode, whilst others are in night mode. Then, the game resets after the first rival battle starts.

I feel like I'm missing a step somewhere (I did follow the instructions of the music patches, including manually paste-writing in the data it asks at the specified offsets)?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Nice update. I also like the new organized planner, and the video tuts

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2021
    Dude, you're a godsend. I'm really new to hacking, and, after seeing Unbound and CFRU realized that despite starting not so long ago, I was doing so with tools and tutorials some 5 years outdated already, guess I should have given the forums a thorough search but I always feel intimidated by forums and communities like this. I've decided to shelf all the stuff I've been working on and starting fresh with your base, I only wish I had found this earlier.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Would anyone here know how to edit the type matchup chart in a CFRU rom? I want to play Unbound with a custom type chart though I believe the process for editing the type matchups is a bit different than other roms I've played (I'm talking about Gaia).

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Would anyone here know how to edit the type matchup chart in a CFRU rom? I want to play Unbound with a custom type chart though I believe the process for editing the type matchups is a bit different than other roms I've played (I'm talking about Gaia).

Thats because the whole table has been repointed.
    You can try copying old hex parts of a vanilla type chart and finding them in a CFRU rom
    If you built cfru yourself, it should be in the offsets ini file

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    Thats because the whole table has been repointed.
    You can try copying old hex parts of a vanilla type chart and finding them in a CFRU rom
    If you built cfru yourself, it should be in the offsets ini file

I should have elaborated. Ive found the offset in Unbound. The table offset seems to be 009619C0. That and the following lines are the only thing in the rom that looks anything like a type chart. I change the values I want (Ex: Water on Rock super effective 0B 05 14 to Water on Rock neutral 0B 05 0A) and I don't see any change ingame.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    I should have elaborated. Ive found the offset in Unbound. The table offset seems to be 009619C0. That and the following lines are the only thing in the rom that looks anything like a type chart. I change the values I want (Ex: Water on Rock super effective 0B 05 14 to Water on Rock neutral 0B 05 0A) and I don't see any change ingame.

That seems to be the correct offset.
    Go open HMA and goto the offset

You should see this:
    Type-Matchupp-Unbound.png

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    That seems to be the correct offset.
    Go open HMA and goto the offset

You should see this:
    Type-Matchupp-Unbound.png

The first screenshot is from HxD, second from HMA (not that it should really matter). Check out line 961B0C on HMA. I have Bug on Fairy is neutral 06 17 0A. For some reason that interaction remains vanilla ingame.

I cant get these images to upload to save my life, with either imgur or imgbb. Anyway, on 961B0A on your screenshot you have the Bug-Fairy interaction. Mine says 06 17 0A. That change isn't refelcted in gameplay.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023

The first screenshot is from HxD, second from HMA (not that it should really matter). Check out line 961B0C on HMA. I have Bug on Fairy is neutral 06 17 0A. For some reason that interaction remains vanilla ingame.

I cant get these images to upload to save my life, with either imgur or imgbb. Anyway, on 961B0A on your screenshot you have the Bug-Fairy interaction. Mine says 06 17 0A. That change isn't refelcted in gameplay.

https://github.com/Skeli789/Complete-Fire-Red-Upgrade/blob/master/src/Tables/type_tables.h

Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I seem to be having an issue with the extended pokes in wild battles.
    If I use advance map to edit wild pokes and use any of the pokes added in by the rom.
    The game freezes after my pokemon appears.
    I've followed the edit docs etc.
    Can anyone advise on what to try here?

Edit#1 - this only seems to be pokemon with alternate forms/new evolutions (e.g mewtwo, charizard, giratina etc)

Last edited:
    Back