• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's talk about robot anime

pkmin3033

Well, the suits in Tiger and Bunny are just body suits with a few gadgets in them, and not really mecha persay...they're more costumes than anything else. They're not machines.

I'd put Code Geass in the same boat as Captain Earth, personally - it's got mecha elements, but it isn't strictly speaking a mecha anime. The fights are a little more exciting, though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
    *pew pew pew kablooey peswhshsdfalsdfj sizzle sizzle*

Mechs are alright I guess. Gundam is most definitely my favorite. Favorite gundam would have to be Epyon because Epyon. Not currently watching any mecha anime though because all netflix has is Gurrenn Lagay and I've already seen it. And I can't watch anime except on netflix because my computer is a crap.

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    If it is about Robot Anime I would probably suggest Astro Boy, I guess many people have already posted about it. Because Astro Boy is a Science Fiction series set in a futuristic world where Robots co-exist with Humans.Its focus is on the adventures of the Robot boy named as Astro. The plot consist that The Dr. Tenma's created Astro to replace his son Tobio Who died years ago, Dr. Tenma built Astro in Tobio's memory and treated Astro as lovingly as if he was the real Tobio. However, Dr. Tenma soon realized that the little robot could not fill the void of his lost son, especially given that Astro could not grow older or express human emotions.

Later When A person takes him away and makes himself the legal guardian of Astro, He finds out that Astro have some super powers with him and in the meantime he is also able to feel human emotions. Thus Astro Sets his journey to free the world from evil deeds !

Astro Boy also got many great critical response. And its probably the most famous robot anime for kids. I used to watch it too, But these days it doesn't entertain me much.

Strom Thunder

The Apocalypse :D
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2014
    Yeah, Its a pretty old anime though, But I recommend it for kids. Matured People don't really like to watch Astro Boy, But i never watched any other Anime that contains Robot either xD

Back