• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Let's Try to Get the Poetry Section Active

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    I agree with Oni Pichu that it should be a month-span contest. Like he stated, with two weeks, we might only get a few entries, and it could take just an entire week for the word to get around that such a contest exists. There would be more benefit, and more value to the winning poet. Of course some people like having it more often, but a month sounds most reasonable.
    (I`m typing w/ my psp, please excuse the length of my response.)

So there will definitely be a theme to each contest?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Okay, it's officially a month-long contest for both. *stamps decision officially decided* Gods, now I feel awful for bringing up the two-week suggestion.

The theme for the contest for poetry is whatever prompt is decided on for that month. So, for instance, if the prompt is "Winter" than the poems use that theme for that month.

I have no idea about the story contest. I know nothing at all about anything. I'm just here to try and answer questions to the best of my limited knowledge.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    Maybe I'll take a whack at this short story thing, maybe Scythekid will make the worst poem ebur!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    I guess I'm fine with a monthly contest. But if we do a winter one it will need to be cut short (obviously) So now shat we are positive about a contest, how about Oni and Hananko and maybe some other posters in this thread can come up with prompts for the rest of the year/however far we want to plan ahead. So we are going to have a Poetry and a Short Story contest, each a month long, right? But there are still other things to be figured out such as how many poems each person may enter. Did anyone read my idea about the Poetry Contest Buttons? It might be hard to figure out though, I was in a hurry.

Scytheteen

What is mine is yours
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Jan 29, 2014
    I have good ideas for promts too, but I suck at poetry so me being a judge would be a horrible idea...well I can review just not write. xD If anyone wants help for prompts, I have some cool ideas!

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yea, I'd like to be a prompter, and a person who suggests who I think should get honorable mention/ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd ect. places. I have some good ideas for prompts too. Maybe we should discuss ideas like prompts in PM's though. I hope that we will get everything sorted out in time to host a December Thread.
    Ok, here is a list that I came up with that we need to figure out/already have figured out (for the Poetry):

1. Time- Monthly
    2. Judges- Oni Pichu and Hanako Tabris
    3. Prompters- (Oni and Hanako decide)
    and other things that people may think of.

Romance Hero

문법의 경찰!
    Years
    we need rules and literary level, as some people like to speak in lingo. I'm willing to make an advertisement banner, themed on each category we decide.

I believe Oni Pichu wants short stories because it's his expertise. I'm talking about Schizophrenia, would have gotten far in an Autumn theme.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    we need rules and literary level, as some people like to speak in lingo. I'm willing to make an advertisement banner, themed on each category we decide.

I believe Oni Pichu wants short stories because it's his expertise. I'm talking about Schizophrenia, would have gotten far in an Autumn theme.

Yeah, we need to create some rules together, and make literary levels. That would be cool if you would make a banner/button for our signatures. I'd rather it be a small button or userbar though. No one has posted in a while. I hope that this doesn't die too.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Ohh, thats okay though. I really hope this doesn't die. Maybe I should PM Hanonko and Oni to see when we can get started on it.

moody_cow_

Stenchgirl
    Years
    Yarr, sorry for my somewhat sudden disappearance, I've recently gotten hooked on Naruto (the Japanese version, you'd have to drug me and hog tie me to get my to watch the English version without me stabbing out my own eardrums first... And I am NOT exaggerating!) and have spent the last few days watching over 100 episodes... *total dorkasaurus*

Anyways, I will participate in all the poetry competitions/contests and the like, although the first one I may not be able to do at my best friend that I haven't seen in two years is coming to visit the whole month of January... Although she's leaving for a week on a side trip so maybe I'll a poem done then! Anyways, however, you can count me out of the short story contest Oni. Not because I'm not adept in prose or the like, I just seem to have lost my muse for it and I haven't been able to finish anything I've written and I guess I've sort of given up on it for now as I just don't have the patience for trying to write stories anymore... But maybe in the future I'll feel like it again and participate in the short story contests too! =)

Oh and can I just clear something up, so we're now going to have a monthly literature contest (one short story, one poetry) starting January of the new year right? So is it going to be an actual contest where a winner is going to be picked and first and second runner up? You know an honorary first, second and third place since we agreed not to do prizes. And this is all fine by me, I just like to make sure I know what's going on you know, I'm easily confused you see! And the poetry contests are they going to have a specific theme we have to write about, or it going to be specific style? Or a combo of both? Sorry for all the questions, just clearing things up! Although I suppose if I wait until Jan. then I'd find out anyway! =P

But yes, random babbling done and all that, so I guess good luck to everyone planning on entering and to our administrators, I hope everything goes well! =)

Love,
    Moody Cow

eternalglory

Private Eye
    Years
    hmmm..... would mod's listen to user opinions on what poems they think are good? 2 people really doesnt feel like enough to me to judge poems, or any art form, really.

Back