• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen LG/FR Monotype Challenge

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Wow. It's really not as hard as I thought. Got badge from Cerulean.

Beedrill Lv. 23
    Butterfree Lv. 22
    Parasect Lv. 24
    Squirtle Lv. 6(HM SLAVE)

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    Beat Elite 4 did lorie event beat elite 4 again became champ with arbok lvl 75 venusaur lvl 80 weezing lvl 87
    crobat lvl 85 nidoking lvl 84
    do i win and do i get a banner saying i was first

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Beat Elite 4 did lorie event beat elite 4 again became champ with arbok lvl 75 venusaur lvl 80 weezing lvl 87
    crobat lvl 85 nidoking lvl 84
    do i win and do i get a banner saying i was first
    Uhh, i hate to disappoint you GoldenBagon but:

• This is not a race.
    (Quoting the first post)
    Congratulations though :)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    I'm Back!

Update o'rama.

Machop Evolved into Machoke!
    Cleared Rock tunnel
    Cleared Route 8
    Entered Celadon City
    Cleared Rocket Base
    Claimed Silph scope
    Got HM04 Fly
    Beat Erika
    Beat Rival
    Cleared Pokemon tower/Saved Mr.Fuji
    Claimed poke flute
    Got Super Rod!
    Cleared Cycle road
    Went back and cleared Routes: 12,13,14 and 15
    Entered Fuschia city
    Entered Safari zone
    Got Gold Teeth and HM03 Surf
    Flew to Vermilion
    Caught a Poliwhirl!
    Bought Water stone
    Poliwhirl evolved into Poliwrath!
    Poliwrath lv 45, Machoke lv 46, Primeape lv 50....
    Game Froze -.-
    So...From where I last saved....

Current team:
    LG/FR Monotype Challenge
    Primeape lv 42
    Aerial Ace
    Mega Punch
    Cross Shop
    Karate Chop

LG/FR Monotype Challenge
    Machoke lv 37
    Revenge
    Rock Slide
    Foresight
    Vital throw

LG/FR Monotype Challenge
    Poliwrath lv 31
    Surf
    Hypnosis
    Brick Break
    Water Pulse

HM SLAVES:
    LG/FR Monotype Challenge
    LG/FR Monotype Challenge

Phew.

----------------
    Listening to: Hot Chip - We're Looking for a Lot of Love via FoxyTunes

Last edited:

Donnie

the popstar that never was
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 22, 2013
    Ill sign up for normal,
    and question,
    will normal type pokemon with secondary types be acceptable?
    ex: Pidgeot Normal/Flying

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    Ooh havent been on for AGES! I had my computer taken off me for a week so I'm WAAY behind everyone. But just to let you know I'm still here and now im back in business!. :)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Ok flaps no rush xD i'm doing two other challenges at the same time so im going slow too :P
    remember it's not a race :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 3, 2023
    Mono-type challenge? Cool... Is this still open?

If so, I'd like to go with Dragon Types...

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Yes it's open. Dragon isn't possible because there are no dragon pokemon or pokemon that evolve into a dragon type before Cerulean.

Also guys, I've hit a wall in my Bug run and its name is Blaine. Any suggestions?

KadabraK

pokeboy
    Years
    Yes it's open. Dragon isn't possible because there are no dragon pokemon or pokemon that evolve into a dragon type before Cerulean.

Also guys, I've hit a wall in my Bug run and its name is Blaine. Any suggestions?
    Try: training your bugs to level 80 :P

I have no clue.

good luck

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    Im only online for a couple of minute so just a quick update:

Just beat celadon gym Erika. About to do sliph co.

pokemon team:

Charmeleon lv 32
    Growlithe lv 31
    Ninetails lv 32

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2013

Can any of your bugs still put other pokemon to sleep? It could be a good tactic to make em snooze then pound em. But then again, they may wake up before you've finished them off . . .

And Blazeavile, I've noticed that the dragons get opted out of most challenges like this because they're not accessible from anywhere close to the beginning on any game (IIRC). Would you be willing to let someone trade some lvl 5 dratini's (or eggs) over so that there can be a Dragon run? I would really like to do that.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Can any of your bugs still put other pokemon to sleep? It could be a good tactic to make em snooze then pound em. But then again, they may wake up before you've finished them off . . .

And Blazeavile, I've noticed that the dragons get opted out of most challenges like this because they're not accessible from anywhere close to the beginning on any game (IIRC). Would you be willing to let someone trade some lvl 5 dratini's (or eggs) over so that there can be a Dragon run? I would really like to do that.
    I few seconds after that I decided to buy a huge number of revives and hyper potions. Then I got lucky and beat him. Hardest thing in the challenge so far.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Come on guys, let's get some updates in here.
    For me, I'm currently planning my first Elite Four defeat. With a level 60 Butterfree and level 60 Beedrill, I want to do a little research before jumping at the E4. After winning, I'll raise Butterfree and Beedrill more and also get a Ledian, Foretress, and Heracross.

Edit: Lance's Dragonite and Aerodactyl are causing one big problem. The only way of winning, without luck, is by getting a Pinsir and teaching it Rock Slide(which would also help against Gary's Arcanine.) Any tips for catching one? I tried for an hour once with no success.

End of day update:
    I've decided I'm going to write an update everyday to inspire people to keep others informed and to let people know progress in case they want to do the same run. So I caught Pinsir and taught it both Rock Slide and Earthquake so now, not a single one of the Elite 4's Pokemon is hard to take out. I expect to get Pinsir to 60 sometime next week.

Last edited:

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    I know it is really late in this monotype challenge so i was wondering if i can start it with a rock type b/c i am bored to hell and doing it by myself without posts is more boring so i was just asking before i started ok

Yay i found it now i can play so can i start it shouldnt be too long before i have a couple of badges

Last edited:

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Alright Pinsir is now level 58 and with planning I should have now problem beating E4. Right now, I'm almost going to fight Lance. Beating him and Gary is going to be nothing but pure luck.

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Sorry about the lack of updates and such I just have had alot of school things to do etc.

Welcome to the challenge tyranitar.

Back