• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

LGBT (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transexual) anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Actually, we can say gay people are normal or not, depending on the context. Having as the reason for life the old "raise and breed", we can say they are not. However, I don't think the biological reason which leads one to be gay is completely unveiled.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Actually, we can say gay people are normal or not, depending on the context. Having as the reason for life the old "raise and breed", we can say they are not. However, I don't think the biological reason which leads one to be gay is completely unveiled.

Subjectivity, in that respect?

And essentially what that could mean, is that if one was gay, but never saw another male in their life, they would not be able to explore those feelings.

This works the same way if someone were straight. If a guy never saw a girl in his life, than he'd never be able to explore those feelings either.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Subjectivity, in that respect?

And essentially what that could mean, is that if one was gay, but never saw another male in their life, they would not be able to explore those feelings.

This works the same way if someone were straight. If a guy never saw a girl in his life, than he'd never be able to explore those feelings either.
    Well, I wasn't exactly referring to feelings. It's just that biologically I can't see a reason for gay people to exist. Once they, theorically, aren't supposed to breed, they're like people who come up and fade away without passing away their genes. My english is really cheesy, I don't know if I am clear, but I most hope I was not offensive.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Well, I wasn't exactly referring to feelings. It's just that biologically I can't see a reason for gay people to exist. Once they, theorically, aren't supposed to breed, they're like people who come up and fade away without passing away their genes. My english is really cheesy, I don't know if I am clear, but I most hope I was not offensive.

Some scientists theorize it's nature's response to overpopulation.

Anyways:

Let's change the subject to something lighter shall we?

Has anybody had a simmilar problem as this:

So you meet a guy/girl, who is definitely your type and rather cute/hot. When you meet said person you just take it for granted that they are straight, they don't seem gay and there's nothing to really suggest they are.

You don't make any effort to flirt or get to know them "like that", because, why would you, they're straight...

Or so you thought...

Six month's down the line Mr Cutie (who in heind sight was totally interested in you, but probably didn't know if you were gay or not) has a boyfriend, and you're kicking yourself for not making your move when you had the chance!

Has anybody else experienced this?

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Nah, I see what you mean, however there are other ways. For example there are sperm banks.

But to the fact as well, there's no law that says we have to breed. I mean the human body is made for breeding, but what does it mean that we did not pass on our own genetics?

Especially, there are foster children and such that don't have proper homes (yet), and where adopting would be the preferable method. I mean, it would suck for a kid to be in an orphanage for 17 years of their life... There are even straight couples who cannot reproduce either, or those who chose not to have children. In that case, gay people aren't alone.

The funny thing is, one of the reasons why sex is so 'pleasurable' is because in a certain part of the brain, a warm good feeling is felt because essentially we are reproducing... Rewarding that behaviour. I believe it is also chocolate and a few other things that trigger that part of the brain as well.

Hope that clarified a bit.

EDIT: And lol porygon-z, while it hasn't happened to me, I know it might come to a bit of a surprise once I tell my coworkers and friends and such XD

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
    Well, I was only commenting one thing that had been said. I know gays can be as helpful in society as/more than any hetero. Sorry for bringing a "heavy" subject for the topic if it was not in this phase.

Some scientists theorize it's nature's response to overpopulation.

Not really. It's been proved that no being changes to adapt to nature, not even to fit the group.

Last edited:

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    Some girls like two guys making out, believe it or not

I believe they are commonrly refered to as "Yaoi fangirls"? (Although technically a specific term for within the Anime/Manga community, useage has spread to other genres)

Also, did everyone hear about the school prom that got cancelled because one of the students, who is a lesbian, wanted to go with her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo? So the school cancelled the whole thing, and then issued a memo stating that all couples had to have one guy and one girl.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    I believe they are commonrly refered to as "Yaoi fangirls"? (Although technically a specific term for within the Anime/Manga community, useage has spread to other genres)

Also, did everyone hear about the school prom that got cancelled because one of the students, who is a lesbian, wanted to go with her girlfriend and wear a tuxedo? So the school cancelled the whole thing, and then issued a memo stating that all couples had to have one guy and one girl.
    Link to news article?

Yaoi fangirl is a term reserved specifically for japanophiles. Nothing more.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    After seeing that, I say let the South secede. We don't need their stupidity and backwardness bringing us down anymore.

"Oh no, we're forced to let them go to the prom... So I guess we'll just not have it at all."

...Seriously?

Kon~

Years
    That's sort of like a spoilt child who has a tantrum in order to get their way, and then immediately smash it on the floor, just to make sure no on else can have it.

Idiocy at its crux.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    *barf barf barf* I thought you were referencing a news story that was a couple years old... didn't think that in 2010 something like that would happen. Wow. That is sad.

I was really happy when applying for OfficeMax (just now, online) that they protected gender expression of employees. I wore nail polish @ Target and I think it's one of the reasons the new HR guy hated me and I ended up getting fired :(

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    It really is unfortunate that people still hold certain reservations, heck even women are still being paid slightly less than men.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    When I was really young I used to be sooooo naive. I thought that we already lived in a progressive world where we stopped discriminating against blacks and women... And that the homophobia issue was only among a select few.

Gosh I was sooo wrong. I died a little inside when I began finding out that a lot of the friends I grew up with in school are homophobes.

It confuses me.... I'm so sickened by that homophobia, that I can not believe that these people who I always thought were 'good' really aren't deep down. =/

Kon~

Years
    The thing that gets me the most is when people insist that they don't have prejudices at all, and they seem to be sincere, but of course, they still harbour that little something within them.

Funny how a situation can make you think something about someone that you never did before.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Or like when Christians say they're good people but despise certain groups and such...

They believe that because gay people are going to hell, that they don't have to be treated the same...

Dunno why all (no that is not a generalization, the bible is so up for interpretation that anyone can look at it in their own way; thus subjectiveity is born. Even a learned scholar of bible studies would still be naive) Christians have to be so naive.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Please lets not generalise and be prejudice towards Christians. I may be gay, but I'm also a Christian too, and not all Christians are homophobic fundamentalists.

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2022
    Religion is like the grown up version of santa claus. No, no one is actually going to save you from dying by taking your soul up somewhere nice and cloudy. Sorries :(

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Religion is like the grown up version of santa claus. No, no one is actually going to save you from dying by taking your soul up somewhere nice and cloudy. Sorries :(

You know for the amount of abuse gay people get, you'd think we would be sensible enough to know how bad it feels when people mock you for who you are or what you believe in.

I believe in something you don't. So what? I can't prove there is a God, but you can't prove there isn't. Even if you do think it's silly there's no need to be rude about a persons beliefs and mock them because they are different to you.

If anything I thought gay people would be all about acceptance because they know how much it hurts not to be accepted, but apparently I was wrong.

I'm not forcing my beliefs on anyone, so why do you feel like you can force your beliefs onto me?

Mocking somebody because of their faith is no better than homophobia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back