• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Life of a Mage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • *laughs* Hello all! And welcome to... "Life of a Mage"!! *throws an amount of confetti*

Well, anyways, this was an RP that got started a long time ago on PC, back when I was still Mew13. Upon coming back to my old life of RPing, I thought there might still be people interested!

In this RP, you have a few choices for characters. I expect most of you would like to play a Mage, and that's fine. You can also play any number of normal people (eg: Hunters, Peasents, Farmers, Merchants...) For a charater form, please fill out the following:

Name:
    Physical Description:
    Brief on Personality:
    Weapon: (optional)
    Preference on Magic: (For Mage only; eg: elemental, healing...)

Now for the plot! *throws more confetti* You'll be playing out your life as a Mage. For a while, everything is peaceful. Then, a Mage who has gained much power recently begins to gather followers and attempts to take over the magical world for his own benifits. Bradel (the Evil Mage) will not tolerate opposition. Can the Mages rise up against him and twart his evil schemes? Pick a side (good or evil) and see what unfolds!

I'll be playing Bradel, as well as my own good character. Here's my form!

Name: Bradel
    Physical Description: Bradel has short, black hair and stormy gray eyes. He is very tall, about 6'4", and muscular to boot. He dresses in all black robes, and occasionally adds a blood-red cloak.
    Brief on Personality: Bradel is the epitimy of evil. He is ruthless and cruel, and will crush opposition by any means necissary. He is very intellegent, and cunning. Though very hard, he is not, by any means, loud. Bradel is usually quite reserved, until angered...
    Weapon: double-edged sword
    Preference on Magic: Elemental, particularly Fire

Name: Kimira
    Physical Description:Kimira has long, flowing blonde hair that reaches the middle of her back. Her eyes are a deep, jade green. Kimira is a small-framed girl, but her size does not mean she isn't powerful! She wears light-hued robes, mainly in earthen tones.
    Brief on Personality: Kimira is a soft-spoken girl, and quite the passivist. She tends to mediate situations, and has a kind-hearted nature that tends to get her hurt. Even though her past is rather dark, you wouldn't guess it by her bubbly demeaner.
    Weapon: Staff
    Preference on Magic: Healing, though she has a knack for Water Magic

*giggles* Alright, join on up!!

Kurosaki

*tackles Nat* Welcome back!... Er, hi, XD
    Anywho, I'd like to join, but I can't right now. Would you mind holding me a spot? I'll edit in a profile when ready. xx;;

~David

Edit:

Name: David
    Physical Description: David stands at 5'11", and has short cut red hair, with blue eyes. For clothing, he wears a long black robe that flows down to his ankles, which covers most of his body, and he wears black shoes. His left ear has a small gold earring in it, and he wears a gold chain necklace around his neck.
    Brief on Personality: David is a very rash kid, but can also be quite goofy at times. He is very easy to manipulate, and take advantage of, however, as he was raised to be kind, this could lead him down either path, good or evil, depending on which side gets to him. On occassion, he can be very dense also, while other times, he actually makes good decisions.
    Weapon: Staff
    Preference on Magic: Healing, along with a limited amount of light-based spells.

Last edited:

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • Name: Robert
    Physical Description: Short, messy brown hair, and hazel eyes clashing with his dishevelled black robe with golden dragons running along it. Tall and broad, but not fat, even in his usual messy state, Robert can be intimidating.
    Brief on Personality: Calm, but with a short temper, and a strange sense of humor, robert has few friends, due to being misunderstood.
    Weapon: Quite a few, long daggers, a staff, and a short bow are his favorites, though.
    Preference on Magic: Stealth and espionage.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Name: Xin
    Physical Description: Xin is a bit of an oddity as far as appearance goes. He stands almost seven feet, and is quite gangly. His hair is dead black, although reddish highlights run through it. This hair is also ggrown rather long, a little past his shoulders, and is done up in a number of small braids, each with a bell on the end. He dresses in a loose-fitting black shirt and brown pants, eschewing the traditional robes of a mage. His cloak is forest-green. Wears a light rapier at his belt, though it's mainly for show. He does know how to use it at a proficient level, however.
    Brief on Personality: Xin remains apart from much of the world. Many take this as arrogance, though it's his own twisted way of caring for people, as his father and mother are not pleasent people, nor ones to accept their son mingling with "commoners." Hence, he keeps to himself, preserving their lives at the expense of his own happiness.
    Weapon: Rapier
    Preference on Magic: Shows unusual proficiency at sorcery, e.g. summoning creatures from other planes of existance, and playing with the fabric of time. He is also somewhat accomplished at fire magic.

Myke

embodied hatred and lament
    Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2006
    Hmm... Guess I'll give it a go as my first time here. Well, here it goes. Forgive my pathetic role playing skills. >.<

Name: Myke
    Physical Description: Myke has blonde hair that reaches down to his sholders. He wears a grey long-slieved buttoned-down shirt that goes slightly past his long black pants. At first glance, he seemed pretty ordinary - well, with the exception of the two long black swords that rest on his back. He had heard of the evil man named Bradel and had wanted to meet with him, and if possible, join his side.
    Brief on Personality: Myke was never skilled at the arts of magic but he compensated for this with his skill at the sword, intelligence, and speed. He seemed docile at first, but if he was angered, he would not rest without destroying the source of it. His preference was always with the evil side because, well, there was much more fun in killing those who oppose him than helping people.
    Weapon: As mentioned earlier, he wore two long black swords on his back.
    Preference on Magic: He has no skill with magic, and only uses his swords

Bleh. That was horrible.... Oh well. Tell me if I'm in please.

Years
  • *gasp* Mew!! *hugs all around* XD Haha, I came back to PC a little while ago expecting to find you, now it's like the old times! ;)

Name: Zeanna
    Physical Description: About 5'9, and very slender. She has pastel-mocha skin, and long, sleek black hair. She normally dresses in cool (blues, greens, purples), pastel-shaded robes.
    Brief on Personality: Tends to be a bit quiet at first, but once her personality begins to show, people realize that she really is considerably shallow, and has a very high standard of living. Her slender body is the result of many years of gymnastics, and has been taught to incorporate self-defense with the stances she was taught. Her lack in physical strength only makes the flexibility a supplement to her summoning.
    Weapon: A white rod, about the length of 1 1/2 keyboards (I wasn't going to measure XD...) with an ornament dangling off the edge of it.
    Preference on Magic: Other than summoning, she's totally useless (wow that sounds bad, oh well XD)

ThEoNeAnDoNlY555

They call me..."Darkness"
    Years
  • Name: Jaspar McClagen
    Physical Description:
    mage.jpg

Brief on Personality: He is quite serious, and is suspected of having ties to the dark side. Most of the rumors that fly about him aren't true. He mostly sticks to the good side of magic, although he does know many dark spells. He is a slightly dark person, who doesn't joke, or fool around much. He just likes to keep to himself, and get what needs to be done, done.
    Weapon: Staff.
    Preference on Magic: Illusionary magic... And minor healing spells...

This Rp has been rebumped, and remade a million times.... and to think I made it... well the orginal anyway... so ya of course I'm gonna join!!!

Hope I'm accepted!

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • OOC: Now works!

IC: I was walking down the beaten path beside stream. I couldn't help but smile. Being out in the Satinwing Woods just made me happy. I had momentarilly ditched my light tan robes in favor of a floaty little white dress as I lightly hopped from rock to rock in the stream. My blond hair flittered out behind me as I went. I knew my happiness was to be short-lived, I'd felt some great darkness hovering lately...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • I walked along the path, nearing the young girl. I was practically invisible, though there did seem to be a minor disturbance around my edges, as though I were made of the world's cleanest glass. It was broad daylight, but there was a chance she might discover my hovel, and then I'd never get any peace and quiet. A dagger flashed into being, before it too began to faze into the same semi-invisiility...

~Ozy~

Years
  • Stretching, I left the small garden I kept for myself. I could have, indeed, did have much more, but I had no desire for it. Father, mother, and Kiyon all thought I was insane, but I preferred this life. I only wished I had Rhai's courage. I found my bow and strung it, my heritage almost demanded meat with every meal, no matter how repulsed I was by the act. I fetched my quiver and set out for the stream, hoping to find some decent game there, drinking.

When I arrived, though, I stiffened, looking at the figure of a girl, seemingly of my age, though I was far, far older. Or younger, depending on my preference. No matter, she was in danger. Even this was close enough to draw mother's wrath, or worse, father's. I rapidly notched, aimed and fired an arrow, aiming between her feet.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I noticed the arrow and quickly sought out what had shot it. A protective shield flared into exsistance around me, though it couldn't be detected. "Who's there," I called, slightly afraid of what might be out there. It was true, this part of the woods was rather unfamiliar to me, but that didn't give ANYONE the right to shoot at me.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Get out of here." I hissed, adding a simple enchantment to carry my words to her. "For your own safety, leave now. You have no idea of what you may bring upon yourself by being here. Leave!" I nocked another arrow, ready to give her another warning if the need should arise.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • The shield had appeared right when I thrust the dagger, and the sudden force of the block knocked it right from my hand. Sparks flew as it grazed across the shield, before landing on the ground, perfectly visible, and I cursed. My cover was blown now anyway if they looked at my outline hard enough...

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
  • I snapped around, seeing who had attempted to kill me. I was HIGHLY annoyed. "What is the big idea?!" I said incredulously. "I'm walking through Satinwing Woods, and TWO men try to kill me?!"

I stepped back so I could see both of them clearly. "You two don't realize who I am," I muttered simply. "I can take care of myself," I added haughtilly, suprised at my outspoken manner.

Years
  • Zeanna's head sharply split through the surface of the water, seeing a young girl, obviously frustrated with something, an arrow stiff in the ground near her feet, and the rough outline of a person.

'Uh--Wa!?!' She exclaimed, pulling back her black hair.

'What's going on!?' She asked bewildered, not exactly knowing how to react.

~Ozy~

Years
  • "Not against them." I snapped. My voice dropped to a whisper, though no doubt she would still hear, via my enchantment. "Not against my parents. Not against Chaos, not against Eclips. Leave, before you doom yourself to their mercy." I laughed bitterly and added, "If they have any."

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back