• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lillie discussion

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If it is Lillie that would be pretty interesting to have the person who picks the starter strong to your starter being the person who's not that interested in battling.

Since Hau seems to pick the starter weak to yours.

I would be. Perhaps she'said strong but doesn't have control over her powers like Caitlin in Pt.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    If the site says she doesn't like battling, I don't really see her as being one of our rivals. With that said, I wonder what kind of role she'll play in the story? The website says she's important in the story, and they say the same thing about Solgaleo and Lunala. I've seen people speculate that her name might be the "flowers" hint we got last year, even though that type of "Lillie" is actually spelled "lily." I also agree that she looks like she's not originally from Alola. It's got nothing to do with her hair and skin color, but more about the overall design of Lillie regarding her clothes.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Doesn't Lillie look sorta like that girl near the hotel/aquarium thing? Just noticed :p

Years
    Doesn't Lillie look sorta like that girl near the hotel/aquarium thing? Just noticed :p

Lillie discussion

Now that you mention it, you seem to be right.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    She is an evil, evil little girl. That, or she's a super tsundere. Either way, she's cute, but I'm not expecting anything too impressive coming from her.

Xertified

Shtposting is my life.
    Years
    I'm more certain now than probably ever that she'll be connected to Solgaleo or Lunaala in some way or fashion. Like say, the evil team of this game would need to kidnap her and force her to awaken Solgaleo and Lunaala for their own purposes and whatnot.

Definitely makes for quite a dark story already.

Or maybe, Gamefreak will get darker and make her the female Hitler of Pokemon.

No, just no.

Years
    Usually, in this series, people who dislike such things do eventually come around to liking them. This is in part a safety mechanism - they don't generally want to introduce and promote a characer, who isn't part of an evil team or such, who just generally disapproves of the point of the game.

Nonetheless, it is possible that Lillie washes their hands of that.

As far as being a new Hitler, it might still constitute 'plot importance' of a sort, so they're seemingly holding this dark, striking plot-twist in abeyance. It might difficult promotionally, however. They could at least end the game with her ranting for like fifty minutes. That might catch on.

Years
    Usually, in this series, people who dislike such things do eventually come around to liking them. This is in part a safety mechanism - they don't generally want to introduce and promote a characer, who isn't part of an evil team or such, who just generally disapproves of the point of the game.

Now if I remember, this was how May started out in the anime, a beginning trainer who started out not liking Pokemon but grew to love them as the series went on. I wouldn't mind a similar concept being recycled for Lillie, even if does seem redundant.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I think a rival who is also the champion, and the evil team leader, as well as having a connection to the legendary (AND is STILL the professors assistant!) pokemon could be interesting. I can't see that working out though. Stick with 1 or 2 gamefreak.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Yeah, I believe Diantha was referred to as mysterious prior to X/Y's release as well. I'm not saying she's the champion, I feel her to be more of a secondary rival, but I hope they don't have her show up a few times, and then we get some big reveal that falls flat.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Why do people keep thinking she is the Evil Team leader? She is the same age as hero. I just don't see why people think someone so young will be the leader. I can see her maybe being a daughter similar to Silver, but not the leader. I also don't see her being the champion. It makes little to no sense.

And I really don't understand why some people are completely counting her out from battling period. There has been many cases in a lot of stories, shows, movies, anything like that where someone doesn't like fighting, but ends up having to fight.

She may not be the rival, but I still don't see how she is completely counted out when she doesn't like pokemon battles when we literally had N who completely hated battles, even more than Lillie from the little info we know on her.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    I've talked about Lillie's very angry looking face in her artwork in PokeTrivia's DCC so my sentiments will stay. Even though i was poking some fun into it because i still can't get over how she has such a serious looking expression on her promotional artwork material. She makes any of the evil-team lieutenants in Courtney and Shelly look like the kindest of Nurse Joys.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    If Lillie turns out to be a villain it could simply be that her disdain for Pokemon battles is a lie she told to make her cover especially believable.

Years
    Yeah, I believe Diantha was referred to as mysterious prior to X/Y's release as well. I'm not saying she's the champion, I feel her to be more of a secondary rival, but I hope they don't have her show up a few times, and then we get some big reveal that falls flat.

I recall Diantha being mysterious when she was first revealed, and everyone was questioning what her role was going to be and it turned out she was the Kalos Champion. Lillie at the moment appears to emphasize more on mysterious since she's the same age as the protagonist so being a villainous team leader can't be reasonable, nor the Alola Champion.

blue

gucci
    Years
    If Lillie is the Champion then I really hope she has more engagement with the storyline and the player. Diantha only showed up a couple of times and didn't really add much thus not really feeling worthy of the Champion role? Cynthia was a great example of a Champion because she showed up multiple times, helped the player out and gave advice/items to assist you through your journey. It would be nice to see Lillie have a similar role. Its great to see strong character development in games, particularly for potential Champions.

Back