• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] List & Chit-Chat on ALL Pokémon Manga

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I would stick with Amazon as far as ordering them goes. o: But that's just me.

Also, as far as I know, there's only one volume of the X and Y manga released in English, and there's three total in Japan so far. There's usually a number of months in between volume releases.

Cool, thanks for the advice, that's good to know as Amazon is easy. I think I'll stick with the older generations then for now and wait for XY to catch up.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
has anyone read ''Pokemon DJ : Festival of Kings'' ?
Here is a page from it--

Spoiler:

Its by far one of best Pokemon Manga despite being a Doujinshi !!!
Its even better then PokeSpe and the Anime.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 1, 2015
Oh my gosh the world of Pokemon Manga seems so confusing to me!

Anyway, I've taken the plunge and ordered my first one today! I decided to start with Black & White and have ordered the first collection. Afterwards I saw that there was a difference between Black & White and Black & White Adventures so I hope I haven't made a mistake!

I wish there was a section for Manga on Pokemon.com so you could easily tell what had been officially released in your country.

I see there's a few issues of XY available, how frequently are they released?

Are there any good sites to order them from other than Amazon or eBay? (I'm in the UK)

I'm excited to start my Pokemon Manga journey!

Purchasing the box set on Amazon won't steer you wrong! The third and I think last box set will be due approximately next month, so you will be able to buy that and complete that arc.

As for X & Y, we're probably looking at a late fall, early winter release of the second magazine-collecting volume and maybe a mid-spring release of that third volume. However, these volumes will only contain what has been released in the magazines so far and the magazine has not printed the ending of that arc. So, you will have to wait for the official volumes to catch up to read the volume chapters, and that may take a year and a half. I think it'd be best to wait for the official volumes to come out to buy if you don't want to double purchase in the coming years, but in the meantime, I really recommend getting the previous Pokemon Adventures arcs off of amazon, as they are truly great stories as well!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I find it cool that a protagonist has a Kangashkan somehow ^^ at least I hope that's what happening there, but I can't be sure lol.

Years
Aww, little Espurr in the pouch! :)

I'm still waiting for my Black & White order to arrive but I managed to find a set of The Electric Tale of Pikachu which I love to bits!

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
This made my day --

tumblr_nsmyxz6RhR1rhuqxzo7_1280.png

Zinnia nearly taking dawn Steven with her Goodra.
I didn't even know Goodra can be ridden.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Sep 10, 2015
Right now I'm reading Pokémon Adventures :3 I'm on the HGSS arc!

Years
Yay! Volume 1 of Black & White has arrived! Haven't started to read it yet but I like the size of the books and the box and cover art! Feels more quality than the magazines. I hope I can get used to reading from right to left though!

Itcheeee

All Hail Shadow
Years
Thanks to the library, I finally fnished the English Emerald arc of Pokespe. Can finally read the D/P/PT volumes and onward! :D
I'm lucky to of started reading the 1st volume when the R/S/E & FR/LG tranlations were actually happening. Sad though just how many years that took.

Also read the Battle Fronteir manga...roughly, I'm just learning Japanese. Was quite intresting though, nice to see more 3rd gen anything for me <3 Ayone else ever read this one?

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
New XY Chapter --

Spoiler:

X battle against Lysandre , Xernous awaken , Team Flare activate their machine , Y & The Gym-Leader are stopping the flower from opening.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
Sorry if this is an old question... But I have just caught up on the Pokemon Adventures Manga series at Chapter 529 and I can't seem to find 530 despite it being released with Chapter 531 in Volume 52. Is there a link to 530 and 531?

Also, are the XY and ORAS Chapters part of Pokemon Adventures or are those from a separate series?
One final question: The last Volume of the Black 2 White 2 Chapter was released in December; does anyone know if they will they continue the Chapter this year?

Pokemon Adventures is getting so good. T.T
(Sorry, all the previous posts about this subject is confusing me. ^^")

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
Man the new ORAS pokespe chapter has so much is going on! I really hope the next chapter helps clarify everything that's going on. Also does anyone find it weird that the magma and aqua grunts still have their old outfits?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
YOU CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPEN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF XY--

Spoiler:

He's back !
Y-chan again proved that she is better then Serena in every way !

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 28, 2015
YOU CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPEN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OF XY--

Spoiler:

He's back !
Y-chan again proved that she is better then Serena in every way !
:D it's been a while since he's appeared, I sure hope this means the rest of them are making an appearance too.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Oct 26, 2015
Pokemon Adventure Dex Holder Abilities in practical use

*FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ POKEMON ADVENTURES ONLY*

So I was thinking. What if we could use the special "Abilities" of the Dex Holders in a Pokemon Game? The abilities for Gens 1-4 are the following:
Red- The Fighter (Battling)
Blue (Male)- The Trainer (Training, duh)
Green (Female)- The Evolver (Need I say more?)
Yellow- The Healer (Self-explanatory)
Gold- The Hatcher (Pokemon Hatching… yep)
Silver- The Exchanger (Pokemon Trading)
Crystal- The Catcher (Catching)
Ruby- The Charmer (Contests…. ugh)
Sapphire- The Conqueror (Beat the Gym Leaders)
Emerald- The Calmer (Can calm pokemon on a rampage)
Diamond- The Empathizer (Represents Mesprit, emotion etc)
Pearl- The Determiner (Represents Azelf, Willpower etc)
Platinum- The Understander (Represents Uxie, Knowledge etc)

So here we have it. This is my ideas for these guys.

Red- Being a Pokemon Battler, he would probably get an overall stat bonus to all of his pokemon during battle. Basically, his pokemon are more powerful.

Blue- He would level up, or "train" his pokemon extremely quickly. EVs are also raised.

Green- She can evolve or Mega Evolve her Pokemon without meeting the requirements for evolution. She can also de-evolve her pokemon.

Yellow- She automatically heals her pokemon after every battle. She also raises her pokemon's level depending on their health, as seen in the Firered and Leafgreen chapters. Basically, if her pokemon are hurt, their levels raise depending on how much health they have left. If they are healed, their levels drop again.

Gold- He can hatch pokemon eggs quickly. Another idea I had was being able to teach said hatched pokemon moves they wouldn't normally be able to learn… "illegally".

Silver- Can switch an opponent's pokemon with a pokemon in his party. Basically, you carry around a bunch of Pidgeys and trade them with your opponent's Alakazam. You get to keep the pokemon afterwards, at the cost that the trainer you stole from will continually battle you every time you pass him/her.

Crystal- Gets a huge increase in pokemon Catch Rate. She also encounters Shiny pokemon more frequently than others. The pokemon she catches have increased IVs as well.
Ruby- Gets a Bonus in all Contests. He also has battling perks as seen in the manga. If you attack on the first turn of battle, that attack has an ENORMOUS increase in damage, and also ignores resistance and immunity, as well as abilities such as Water Absorb, WonderGuard or Sturdy. If you 1-hit KO that pokemon, you get another chance to 1-hit kill the next pokemon. If you use an item, switch a pokemon during your turn, miss or don't 1-hit KO the pokemon, your chain is broken.

Sapphire- Can choose 1 stat from every Pokemon to give a MASSIVE increase. This stat can be changed at any time while outside of battle.

Emerald- I didn't incorporate the "Calming" feature, but I took inspiration from his battle in the Battle Pyramid. Emerald automatically gets a bonus set of items every battle. He automatically gets a few potions, revives, X items etc. The amount and quality of the items changes the higher level the pokemon in your party are. He can also call Latias and Latios to fly on them like in ORAS.

Diamond- This one was harder for me. I mean, Diamond's just… slow. But then I thought-- What if Diamond's ability acts as the Trick Room move? So all extremely SLOW pokemon move quickly and vice versa. His pokemon would probably also get a small defense increase.

Pearl- In the manga, Pearl can tell what attack a Pokemon is going to use based on its stance (come to think of it, Bill does the same thing… weird). So Pearl would get a little Heads-Up on the attack coming next and can plan accordingly. This may not always happen every time, but it would be a cool idea.

Platinum- Being the Knowledge person, she could tell what attacks a pokemon has. This is different from Pearl, don't worry. Pearl knows what attack a Pokemon is going to use right before they use it, and doesn't know that they have that attack until they're about to use it. Platinum can see what moves they have in advance, but doesn't know when they're coming. Platinum can also see what item the pokemon is holding, what the other pokemon the trainer has are, and can see if the trainer has any items (such as potions and revives) that they're going to use in the battle. This allows for a whole new level of strategy.

So these are my ideas for a Pokemon Adventures-style game. More may be to come, don't quote me on that :P
Hope you enjoyed!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 4, 2016
*FOR PEOPLE WHO HAVE READ POKEMON ADVENTURES ONLY*

So I was thinking. What if we could use the special "Abilities" of the Dex Holders in a Pokemon Game? The abilities for Gens 1-4 are the following:
Red- The Fighter (Battling)
Blue (Male)- The Trainer (Training, duh)
Green (Female)- The Evolver (Need I say more?)
Yellow- The Healer (Self-explanatory)
Gold- The Hatcher (Pokemon Hatching… yep)
Silver- The Exchanger (Pokemon Trading)
Crystal- The Catcher (Catching)
Ruby- The Charmer (Contests…. ugh)
Sapphire- The Conqueror (Beat the Gym Leaders)
Emerald- The Calmer (Can calm pokemon on a rampage)
Diamond- The Empathizer (Represents Mesprit, emotion etc)
Pearl- The Determiner (Represents Azelf, Willpower etc)
Platinum- The Understander (Represents Uxie, Knowledge etc)

So here we have it. This is my ideas for these guys.

Red- Being a Pokemon Battler, he would probably get an overall stat bonus to all of his pokemon during battle. Basically, his pokemon are more powerful.

Blue- He would level up, or "train" his pokemon extremely quickly. EVs are also raised.

Green- She can evolve or Mega Evolve her Pokemon without meeting the requirements for evolution. She can also de-evolve her pokemon.

Yellow- She automatically heals her pokemon after every battle. She also raises her pokemon's level depending on their health, as seen in the Firered and Leafgreen chapters. Basically, if her pokemon are hurt, their levels raise depending on how much health they have left. If they are healed, their levels drop again.

Gold- He can hatch pokemon eggs quickly. Another idea I had was being able to teach said hatched pokemon moves they wouldn't normally be able to learn… "illegally".

Silver- Can switch an opponent's pokemon with a pokemon in his party. Basically, you carry around a bunch of Pidgeys and trade them with your opponent's Alakazam. You get to keep the pokemon afterwards, at the cost that the trainer you stole from will continually battle you every time you pass him/her.

Crystal- Gets a huge increase in pokemon Catch Rate. She also encounters Shiny pokemon more frequently than others. The pokemon she catches have increased IVs as well.
Ruby- Gets a Bonus in all Contests. He also has battling perks as seen in the manga. If you attack on the first turn of battle, that attack has an ENORMOUS increase in damage, and also ignores resistance and immunity, as well as abilities such as Water Absorb, WonderGuard or Sturdy. If you 1-hit KO that pokemon, you get another chance to 1-hit kill the next pokemon. If you use an item, switch a pokemon during your turn, miss or don't 1-hit KO the pokemon, your chain is broken.

Sapphire- Can choose 1 stat from every Pokemon to give a MASSIVE increase. This stat can be changed at any time while outside of battle.

Emerald- I didn't incorporate the "Calming" feature, but I took inspiration from his battle in the Battle Pyramid. Emerald automatically gets a bonus set of items every battle. He automatically gets a few potions, revives, X items etc. The amount and quality of the items changes the higher level the pokemon in your party are. He can also call Latias and Latios to fly on them like in ORAS.

Diamond- This one was harder for me. I mean, Diamond's just… slow. But then I thought-- What if Diamond's ability acts as the Trick Room move? So all extremely SLOW pokemon move quickly and vice versa. His pokemon would probably also get a small defense increase.

Pearl- In the manga, Pearl can tell what attack a Pokemon is going to use based on its stance (come to think of it, Bill does the same thing… weird). So Pearl would get a little Heads-Up on the attack coming next and can plan accordingly. This may not always happen every time, but it would be a cool idea.

Platinum- Being the Knowledge person, she could tell what attacks a pokemon has. This is different from Pearl, don't worry. Pearl knows what attack a Pokemon is going to use right before they use it, and doesn't know that they have that attack until they're about to use it. Platinum can see what moves they have in advance, but doesn't know when they're coming. Platinum can also see what item the pokemon is holding, what the other pokemon the trainer has are, and can see if the trainer has any items (such as potions and revives) that they're going to use in the battle. This allows for a whole new level of strategy.

So these are my ideas for a Pokemon Adventures-style game. More may be to come, don't quote me on that :P
Hope you enjoyed!

Shhhh.... I don't want anyone to know that I'm using this for Trainer Classes in a future Pokemon Game.

But yeah, these are great! :D
It's what I kind of figured for each class. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back