• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Little girl in the Old Chateau?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    I saw the girl and butler in all three games now! Finally! Also, there is no Platinum mission, I beat it.

So Platinum leaves us blind about this matter for eternity :/.

My thoughts on this: The Pokémon Mansion's statue must be related. Don't ask me how, I haven't read that much on this matter, but it seems interesting. I'll read some more.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    The statue is... odd and may have an effect on events. It's not a normal script, I noticed...

The Wave

Something to believe in....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    I saw the girl and butler in all three games now! Finally! Also, there is no Platinum mission, I beat it.

awww man, are you kidding? I can't imagine that nintendo would place some sort of mysterious things in the game without any meaning. there HAS to be some sort of mission or story somewhere in the game, like in Diamond and Pearl (and in Platinum?) when you search for Cresselia, the boy with the bad dreams is related to Darkrai, though you don't know that. or like in pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow in the Cinnabar Mansion where to story of Mew and the creation of Mewtwo is writen in multiply Diaries.

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • Saw the girl and the butler now. Theres gotta be a way of finding something out about these. Maybe, when the guard goes on break in the Mansion with Trophy Garden, go touch the statue then go to the Old Chateau and touch the other statue?

Naturalistick

Used to do a little.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2008
    Saw the girl and the butler now. Theres gotta be a way of finding something out about these. Maybe, when the guard goes on break in the Mansion with Trophy Garden, go touch the statue then go to the Old Chateau and touch the other statue?

Tried it, nothing happens.

I think it may have something to do with Rotom... Its existence there can be related to previous events, apart from living in the TV.

But come to think of it, with all the hacking possibilities, nowadays, if there was something someone had already found it out =P.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Saw the girl and the butler now. Theres gotta be a way of finding something out about these. Maybe, when the guard goes on break in the Mansion with Trophy Garden, go touch the statue then go to the Old Chateau and touch the other statue?

That guard goes on break? Since when? :\

Pirate Sam said:
    I love it there i would personally like their in platinum like a side quest were you have to find out what happended to them. like the gym leader isnt in the gym and you have to help her solve the mystery before you can battle her!
    i think it would be just great!

Hey yeah, I always wondered why Gardenia was there. I'd love to know why.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2009
    She and the Butler are ghosts. Personaly, I think that the little girl had Rotox (whatever it is) as a pokemon, in another form, only it became a ghost with her and lived in the TV. Another secret of the Old Chateau is that if you go into the main room of the mansion, and talk to the side of the statue next to the dining room door, and immediatly enter the dining room after, a butler will be spotted from across the table, that will then hover (like a "ghost") off screen, where it freakin vanishes! Freakin freaky, huh?

Years
  • That guard goes on break? Since when? :\
    The guard goes on break from 2 AM until 4 AM.

And I'm pretty sure there's no in-game direct thing to do between both statues.

I'm not quite sure why, however, Rotom is found in Old Chateau. Perhaps it's just because it's a spooky environment?

But, I digress. The other night I was playing Platinum and was roaming Old Chateau when to my alarm the ghostly little girl crept across the screen. To say that I was startled would have been a bit of an understatement - then again, it WAS late at night.. :B

She and the Butler are ghosts. Personaly, I think that the little girl had Rotox (whatever it is) as a pokemon, in another form, only it became a ghost with her and lived in the TV. Another secret of the Old Chateau is that if you go into the main room of the mansion, and talk to the side of the statue next to the dining room door, and immediatly enter the dining room after, a butler will be spotted from across the table, that will then hover (like a "ghost") off screen, where it freakin vanishes! Freakin freaky, huh?
    While it's a good theory, I don't think so. I think Rotom exists on its own as a pokemon and always has - it is merely very hard to discover. It inhabits machinery and causes them to go defunct. As a matter of fact, that's how it was discovered. Pluto noted in the journal that's in the secret room of the Eterna Galatic Base that he discovered Rotom as a child in his lawn mower.
    Wouldn't it be interesting if he actually lived in Old Chateau instead?

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • While it's a good theory, I don't think so. I think Rotom exists on its own as a pokemon and always has - it is merely very hard to discover. It inhabits machinery and causes them to go defunct. As a matter of fact, that's how it was discovered. Pluto noted in the journal that's in the secret room of the Eterna Galatic Base that he discovered Rotom as a child in his lawn mower.
    Wouldn't it be interesting if he actually lived in Old Chateau instead?

That is a good theory. But there are mysterys unsettled here. Maybe Rotom reacts with the statue in the Pokémon Mansion?

I read Bulbapedia and it says that Pluto might have possibley grown up with the Rotom.

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I fail to understand how a sprite no bigger than a few pixels wide on your DS can scare you.
    Also, the sprites aren't even spooky looking, just look like normal people, could have made them translucent or something, maybe unsaturated in color.

e6life

Shedinja Lover
    Years
  • I fail to understand how a sprite no bigger than a few pixels wide on your DS can scare you.
    Also, the sprites aren't even spooky looking, just look like normal people, could have made them translucent or something, maybe unsaturated in color.

Okay then, rileyvace. Consider this: What are some of your fears. I, for one, am afraid of spiders. Its a very common yet, silly fear. Most of the spiders we come in contact around the house and such aren't the types that can actually hurt or kill us, let alone bite us in the first place. However, whenever people like me see one, we jump back so quickly, it nearly breaks the sound barrier.

Now, my point here is that there are many different things in this universe (or other universes if you one who's into the whole 'multi-dimensional' thing) and many different reasons to fear them. These things may sometimes be completely weird and silly but, just keep in mind, the human mind (not to be confused with the human brain) is very complex. With all the psychologists of history who've studied it, we are still yet to fully understand how it works.

As for the fear of a sprite on a game screen, I think many here agree that, yeah, it's creepy but, that's it. I belive the fact that such a bizzare thing would be programed into a generally child directed game, is rather creepy, right? Not to mention the background music that plays whenever you're in there. The music really can alter your very mood. Though, as with color, music only alters your mood based on your life long assosiations with the particular melody and such (or color). That's only how I feel though. The entire scientific community still debates on the mood altering subject. However, the fact that is does alter it is agreed to be truth. Anyway, returning to what does play in the game, the majority of players associate creepiness and fear with such music, just as the designers intended.

I sure hope I was able to cover all my thoughts here, as well as enable those who seem so sceptical on our "fears" to better understand why we say what we do. I also, hope I can at least speak for the majority here. I definetly don't want to put words in others' mouths. Well, I guess that's it, and fell free to comment and/or add to what I've just said. Otherwise, one remains stiff and bland; never able to grow from the ideas of others. Well, see ya!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    "I never saw the girl yet...........but the old man is REALLY creepy...what room is the girl in?"

.Scream

Professor
    Years
  • Shes in the second to last room down to the right on the top flight of stairs, If that makes sense. :P

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I understand your points, but fear of spiders is a phobia, very different from a simple fear.
    Fear is something like fear of Dieing, or of pain, a valid reason to be scared.

A phobia is classed as being scared of something that possibly couldn't harm you.
    And before you say HURR DURR VENOMOUS SPIDERS, that's not what Arachnophobia is.
    It's being scared OF the spider, not what it's capable of.

My point is, as far as I am aware there is no phobia of being scared of pixels.
    And finding it creepy - I dunno it just looked like a random girl in the house, same with the old man. Nothing creepy for me...

And that's it an opinion - I don't get why a 16x16 pixel is creepy, even witht eh fiction involved lol.

e6life

Shedinja Lover
    Years
  • I understand your points, but fear of spiders is a phobia, very different from a simple fear.
    Fear is something like fear of Dieing, or of pain, a valid reason to be scared.

A phobia is classed as being scared of something that possibly couldn't harm you.
    And before you say HURR DURR VENOMOUS SPIDERS, that's not what Arachnophobia is.
    It's being scared OF the spider, not what it's capable of.

My point is, as far as I am aware there is no phobia of being scared of pixels.
    And finding it creepy - I dunno it just looked like a random girl in the house, same with the old man. Nothing creepy for me...

And that's it an opinion - I don't get why a 16x16 pixel is creepy, even witht eh fiction involved lol.

Well, maybe I just gave an example that you didn't quite get the point out of. I suppose, in a nut shell, I simply mean that different people find different things scary, no matter what degree of fear. Also, fear, like any emotion, can nearly range infinate points. Yet, it's all the same; just different levels.

However, I'm no expert on the subect and I'm not one to disagree. Besides, I thank you for responding to what I typed. You have good insight, as well as making the time I took to type it worth while. I do love debating things, however, there's a huge difference between debating and arguing so, I won't.

Well, if you or anyone else who wishes to join in this little debate has anymore comments, feel free to let eveyone know. After all, that is the point of the fourms, right? Let's just not stray too far from the actual ghost subject, okay?

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    Well, maybe I just gave an example that you didn't quite get the point out of. I suppose, in a nut shell, I simply mean that different people find different things scary, no matter what degree of fear. Also, fear, like any emotion, can nearly range infinate points. Yet, it's all the same; just different levels.

However, I'm no expert on the subect and I'm not one to disagree. Besides, I thank you for responding to what I typed. You have good insight, as well as making the time I took to type it worth while. I do love debating things, however, there's a huge difference between debating and arguing so, I won't.

Well, if you or anyone else who wishes to join in this little debate has anymore comments, feel free to let eveyone know. After all, that is the point of the fourms, right? Let's just not stray too far from the actual ghost subject, okay?[/QUOTE

Hehe, don't worry about it!!
    After all it is just an opinion, thus me stating that I can't really comprehend it's scare factor personally :P
    But yeah thanks for your reply also :)

Anyway, i can't wait til' Platinum is released, I want a LAWNMOWER ROTOM.

PirateSam

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • I would really like to see The Rotom forms now :(

BUT what if 1 of rotoms Forms becomes a Uber and cannot be used in most battles :;(

DeathOfBlades

AYE SIR!
    Years
  • They creep me out.
    Play it at night...uhhh...
    *Shivers*

I KNOOOWWWW!!! I FREEAAKK OUT!!! Probably goosebumps when you see the butler and girl at night and have the volume on with that scary music. And also look at the painting with the eyes and talk to the statue. And if you have not caught Rotom then that adds another scary event.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back