• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

logic didn't exist when I was a child

Years
    I used to think people inside of photos and paintings where real. It would freak me out that they would just stare at me 0.0

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    I used to believe in religion

When I was a child, I had this strong belief that if I went to bed with wet hair, I would never be able to wake up again. I have a couple more but honestly this one outranks the others in terms of ridiculousness.

Manitee

bury me alive
    Years
    I thought men gave birth to baby boys and women had the girls. My dad had a rounded belly so it kinda sealed the deal.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I'd like to know: why is it natural? It doesn't seem to be a good thing. As with lying, what goes around comes around often enough that I have to wonder why anyone bothers in the first instance.
    People like to have answers to their curiosities, so they fill the void with something that, at a young age, may seem logical. It may not be a good thing, but I don't think it's something that you really choose, I think it just happens, especially when you're too young to analyze the processes by which your mind works.

That if you swallow a seed, like apple or watermelon, the plant will grow inside you.
    I remember thinking this as well. I think it was because of a Rugrats episode, but I'm not sure.

Years
    I used to believe that many of the cartoons you see on television are actually real. Am I even kidding? Is there really a boy named Timmy Turner with Fairly OddParents? Oh, and Danny Phantom, Jimmy Neutron, heck, even SpongeBob I believed in. It's about time that I actually stepped outside and go face to face with reality. We've all been there, right?

Speaking of Spongebob, ironically, everything in that show is not logical. Glasses of water when they're underwater...? Though I still have my moments where I'd want to watch an episode from time-to-time because that nonsense makes the show hilarious.

To be honest, I can't recall a time when I've believed in something that isn't true...I was always aware what seems logical from the get-go \: Either that or my memory is failing me big time.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    I believed "back to the future" was real. ALL of it. I also believed that if you leave the door open at night, a dog will eat your homework (thanks again mom). Also i believed in humanity but recently lost faith.

Lucky1Yena

Just some guy
    Years
    When I was a kid, I believed:

* That God existed
    [thanks to one of my schools. However, a huge exposure to science and logical thinking killed that belief. I now struggle to understand how people believe in something they can't ever interact with in any way]

* That Pokémon were real
    [That was soon knocked out of me thanks to education. But there's still a possibility that they exist in some alternate universe we can't get to]

* That I had superpowers
    [and I still believe some are possible with hard work. I'm still trying to learn telekinesis though, it's not going well and probably never will. I'd be better off working on "super" strength.]

* That some scary things seen on TV would grab me at night when I'm asleep if I had any part of me hanging out of the bed.
    [now though, I know there's much scarier things in real life - like people. I never go outside at night in case I'm attacked but at least I'm not scared of my own shadow anymore.]

Sirfetch’d

I used to believe that my cat was a Pokemon. My brother and I would always yell commands at it thinking it would actually do them if we tried hard enough haha. I remember we would always call him Meowth and command him to use Slash XD

Yeah I was a child with a huge imagination haha

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
    Years
    I was always told as a child, and for a time believed, that there existed a magical man in the sky. If one did not believe that his son died to save humanity, the magical man in the sky, though omnipresent and infinitely powerful, would be petty enough to be greatly offended by something this small, and as a result condemn the non-believer to be tortured eternally.

Yet somehow this magical sky man, who apparently condemns trillions of people to be tortured for eternity, is morally good.

Back