• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

...Logic?

Yukari

Even worse, a character might just watch in awe as something terrible happens, that could have been prevented if they took action. Cloud is suddenly frozen in place while Sephiroth descends from the ceiling and kills Aeris.

If something like that happened you would likely be in to much shock to move so that is a bit logical

TY

Also anyone noticed (if any of you play this game) in 007: Quatum of Solace that zooming in with a silenced gun makes your recoil gone. Every single gun lost its recoil while you should have some recoil, especially with snipers or LMG's

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
    Years
    I've never understood how characters can hold so much in their pockets/bags.. Like in Pokemon, how does one hold a bike in their backpack!?

Starlight Sprite

Resident Moon Fairy
    Years
    I've never understood how characters can hold so much in their pockets/bags.. Like in Pokemon, how does one hold a bike in their backpack!?

The description of the bike in some games says that it's collapsible. This hardly explains how it will fit in a backpack along with a metal detector (itemfinder), a fishing rod (or rather three fishing rods), a watering can, berry pots.... Maybe there's an interdenominational wormhole that your character reaches into. :7: Can't really justify this even if I tried to.

On another note, who's giving all the monsters gold or whatever the currency is in RPGs (not in Pokemon, mind you). I don't see any reason that a wild animal would be carrying fifteen gold coins and a rusty dagger, but maybe that's just me. Even some games where the monsters drop loot that must eventually be sold get wonky. After all, since every wolf has a skull, why do you only get wolf skulls some of the time (this is just an example). This gets even funnier in a game like Final Fantasy XII (again with the FF!) where you can steal the items before you kill the monster, allowing you get body parts off the animal while it's still alive and attacking you (and not have it affect the battle).

SomariFeyWright

Seven years is all it takes...
    Years
    In Cave Story, a level 3 machine gun can act as a jetpack of sorts, yet it doesn't push you either way if you use it left or right.

... Also, how the Running hell does Booster come out perfectlt fine if you don't go down to him? If you do, he tells you his last request of protecting Sue and dies...

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Spoiler:

Skyrim seems to be filled with these sorts of inconsistencies.

It's true, video games are rampant with their own brand of arbitrary logic, nonsensical physics, and blatant unrealistic realism. But, isn't that part of what makes some of them charming? n_n;

Apple Juice

who are you
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2014
    Logic in video games is probably a heavily discussed topic, and not in a serious way, but I think the humor that comes out of it makes the lack of any form of realistic aspects to a game hurt a little less. Despite all the memes and jokes that swirl around the internet, there are a few games that have certainly got me to ponder what the developers were thinking when creating it. It's especially confusing when the game is actually supposed to be in the real world, or at least resemble the physical attributes of Earth. If you can't throw in simple mechanics in games like those, it brings the quality down much more than if a Mario game's logic is wrong. You could even say Mario, and a ton of other games with their colorful cartoon characters, wouldn't be nearly as successful if logic had been an important element in game developing. We wouldn't be able to be sucked into pipes and pop up in a completely different area, or talk with a living fairy, or encase huge creatures in tiny metal balls. That's where the value in not having logic lies, but in games based in Earth or in a realistic scenario, logic should be emphasized to make sure that the game meets the consumers expectations for it. If I were to buy such a game, I would expect certain things to work the same way on Earth, and therefore go about doing them. If I end up being wrong, then most likely I've lost time and money. I think it's an overlooked part of video gaming these days, and it needs to be fixed. One thing that never will be, though, is how long your character can go without eating or drinking any liquid. I can't think of many games that have implemented that detailed of a system, haha.

Years
    Spoiler:

Skyrim seems to be filled with these sorts of inconsistencies.

It's true, video games are rampant with their own brand of arbitrary logic, nonsensical physics, and blatant unrealistic realism. But, isn't that part of what makes some of them charming? n_n;

I don't know if this is a realistic scenario or not, but if you kill a chicken, villagers come after you and subsequently try to kill you. I always wondered if chickens were some sort of sacred being in that game.

Back