• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Logos A No-Go?

Do you like the English logos of Pokemon Black/White Versions?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Thats more things the English version has ruined >:

They look nasty D: Japanese one's were better IMO.

First they ruined Mijumaru and Pokabu now this!?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I personally don't see the logo as that big of a problem...we only really see it in the box art and maybe will see it for a few seconds in the credits but that's it...

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    In all honesty, it turned out better than the Heart Gold/Soul Silver conversion. I like the Black/White logos. Maybe that's just me, though.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    A bit too clashy for my taste. As much as I hate to admit this without sounding like a weeaboo, they should have kept the same format that had for the Japanese logo.

Stop overreacting, though. It's just a damned logo. Even with ugly headers, a good game is a good game.

Massacre.

sky's on fire again
    Years
    FREAKING HORRIBLE. Wow, another reason not to buy the English version. WOW. I have a LOT of Isshus with this. Unova? Seriously? *calms down*

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    A bit too clashy for my taste. As much as I hate to admit this without sounding like a weeaboo, they should have kept the same format that had for the Japanese logo.

Stop overreacting, though. It's just a damned logo. Even with ugly headers, a good game is a good game.
    That's what I'm saying! It's sad but...people tend to be drama queens about these logos...

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Actually, I think the localised logos are pretty good. Like the HGSS ones, because they went with their own style. And kept some parts of the Japanese logos.

I'm ignoring the blue-and-yellow Pokémon logo, because, umm, it's the original Pokémon logo. Why change it when it's still of some use?

syotipoke

Nub3r Whatever
    Years
    Wow.Just wow. How poor is that? I mean, they've gone into a whole new low on the logo.
    Well, it's not much of a big deal. The gameplay will rock for sure.Or else...

Sleet

Forum Lurker
    Years
    They look...odd.

But they are just logos anyway, I'll only see them every time I start the game so, as you put, I don't have an "Isshu" with them XD

Wow.Just wow. How poor is that? I mean, they've gone into a whole new low on the logo.
    Well, it's not much of a big deal. The gameplay will rock for sure.Or else...

The game does rock. I'm enjoying it even though I don't have a clue what I'm supposed to be doing because it's all in Japanese XD

Last edited:

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    The Japanese logo for B/W is so much better.

I thought that the English version was going to be the same but with English text... Well, this is another letdown. The Pokemon logo is so.. why? Maybe I'm just overreacting, but I still firm with my belief that the American logo is nowhere near the Japanese.

BrainWave

A new idea sprouts
    Years
    I like the font style of the texts "Black Version" and "White Version". However, the colour looks kinda off. I'm not refering towards the matchup between the "Pokemon" logo and the "Black/White version" text; There is a shine effect that make the text "Black" hard to read.

Also, the BW versions texts does not fit well below the pokemon logo. maybe they need to shrink it down a little and re-position it towards the arc below the pokmeon logo?

But still, IMO they were better off using the same texts as they use for the Ruby/Sapphire/whatever game they use from Ruby to Platinum versions. The only difference is that one version (Black maybe?) is inverted in colour compared to the other.

I can't disagree with people saying the japanese' logo were better.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The Japanese logos always look better than the ones in English, it should be the other way around if you ask me because the Pokemon Company has more time to make the logo. They should really change the "Pokemon" logos color to something else and then I'll be happy

:t354:TG

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Here they are...I finally located these fanmade logos after some searching...

Logos A No-Go?
    Logos A No-Go?

I saw these in Flex_S's signature... IMO, they look simplistic and could have worked nicely with the boxart.

I still think using the Futura SB-XBold (seen on boxart of RSE/DPPt) font or the Bank Gothic font (seen on HGSS boxart, I think) would've worked:

Logos A No-Go?

Logos A No-Go?

The Futura one was a bit neutral for the box arts, but since they're playing off black and white on the BW boxarts, I think using the Bank Gothic style would be better. I just hope we don't get in a trend of experimenting with new fonts every generation...

As for the Japanese logos, I agree that they look pretty sleek. Also, that background grid has a greater presence in the logo, and the nicely-incorporated PokeBall symbol complements it well (which can't be used in the current Pokemon logo unfortunately).

Though that yellow-and-blue logo tends to clash sometimes, it's iconic, and getting rid of it would be a tragedy. :cer_laugh: I like its fun, quirky look, though... But could they have adopted a black-white scheme to it? They went to the liberty of altering the colors on the logo of the Pokemon 4Ever movie, and it worked out great, IMO:

Logos A No-Go?

I have a feeling that the "font" used to write out the Japanese kanji/hiragana/katakana/whatever it is >_> doesn't have an "equivalent" in any English letter fonts I've seen (and the font seen in the BW English logo isn't the same, from my perspective). A shame though, because it looks pretty cool.

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    God the Japanese logos are so good compared to these crap English ones. A two year old could have made those logos! Come on Nintendo, it's called innovation, try to implement that into your logos.

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    They're awesome, and just add to the whole sort of "new-fangled" look of Black and White.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back