• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Logos A No-Go?

Do you like the English logos of Pokemon Black/White Versions?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I don't like t. Though it was expected, I think someone on PC did an English logo version and it looks exactly if not better than this. Anyway, it fits in with he "simplistic" theme, and it's what's inside that counts right? ;) Also, I hope they don't change the cover design.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Hm, I thought I was the only one who cared... x3
    In my opinion, these logos are TERRIBLE compared to the Japanese ones. The hideous yellow and blue colors of the 'Pokemon' in the logo stands out too much, and the way they have 'Black' and 'White' looks kinda... robotic. Y'know what I mean? =/
    The Japanese logos of every Pokemon game always look better than our logos...
    I like the Black and white logos but not as much as I like their Japanese counterparts :(

Years
    Wow, there are actually people who dislike the logo of all things....
    Yeah some of these posters are over exaggerated, these logos are actually better than some of the other English logos we have had in past games now that I think about it :)
    Also White's logo isn't that bad, I like that they kept the sleekness of the Japanese ones :)

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
    They really should have just edited the Japanese logos. The English ones are horrible because the original "Pokemon" lettering does not fit in with the version name text.

Bleck.

Years
    I see a contradiction in those logos. In this version they were trying to innovate so much, they even renamed the Region. Then they give us the original Pokémon logos???

Really, they could have changed at least the design colors to fit B&W...

Years
    I see a contradiction in those logos. In this version they were trying to innovate so much, they even renamed the Region. Then they give us the original Pokémon logos???

Really, they could have changed at least the design colors to fit B&W...
    They should have changed them it would have made the look better but eh we have had the " POKéMON" logo always be Blue and Yellow but then again another reason to change it...

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years

Yeah some of these posters are over exaggerated, these logos are actually better than some of the other English logos we have had in past games now that I think about it :)
    Also White's logo isn't that bad, I like that they kept the sleekness of the Japanese ones :)

Yeah I know. I am like the only person here that thinks they suit the title 'black and white' a lot better than the Japanese ones did ;____;

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    I like the Pokemon Black Logo, it suits the modern feel that Pokemon Black represents. However, I'm disappointed that the Pokemon White Logo is the same. I would have liked it to be more flowing and curvy to reflect the natural theme that Pokemon White represents. As for keeping the original pokemon logo, it's not something that bothers me too much, but they could have at least made them black and white.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    They look very fan-made, like something from a hack or something.

The HeartGold and SoulSilver logos look better than this.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    They're O.K., but I felt that they could've done better with them. I always wondered why America never picks up on the bubbly logos from japan, copyright stuff? Ughh, maybe I need to work for Gamefreak USA

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    The logos sure are... different. The font they put it in doesn't look good at all, in my opinion. And anyways it doesn't fit in with the original Pokemon logo... But I don't think the logo matters much. :P

Nice poll questions, by the way. xD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Japan's logos are always snazier compared to ours. For some reason the new logos look...bland. Idk, that's just my opinion.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years
    I do not like these logos at all. They look extremely bad and hurt my eyes. Why can't Nintendo of America branch out to regular Japanese things?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I don't like...
    Logos A No-Go?

This is what ruins the entire look of the logo. If it was made to match, then it might have looked better. Otherwise, this is the only piece of it that bothers me.

Japanese logo > English logo every time. That's not new.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back