• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: lol tools and docs for ds? wut?

Status
Not open for further replies.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    In this link I have provided are tools and plugins probably none of you will take advantage of for over a year to come. I have linked 2 other people, so now i'm thinking it'll get leaked anyway so what the hell.

Have fun trying to figure it out all(If you're really dense you can use this to import new maps and other ****)

No questions will be answered, but amuse me.

The link is real.

lol zip archive

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    In one of the PDFs:
    These coded instructions, statements, and computer programs contain proprietary
    information of Nintendo of America Inc. and/or Nintendo Company Ltd., and are
    protected by Federal copyright law. They may not be disclosed to third parties or
    copied or duplicated in any form, in whole or in part, without the prior written consent
    of Nintendo.

It also mentions the word "Confidential" in many places.

I think this is illegal.

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    So is your ROM lol
    and mid2AGB so don't go complaining about legality.

D-Trogh

Dead
    Years
    And looks like the moderators don't mind.. as they approved the thread.
    Heh.. you gave this (and more :D) to me yesterday.. thanks :p

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Well you obviously don't understand emulation, it's legal to own a back up copy of your own game, that you dumped yourself, however a copier to back up your game is illegal, and I doubt you dumped each and every single one of your ROMs.

Now shut up and accept the tools,

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    Copied from Nintendo's site
    Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he/she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

Are Game Copying Devices Illegal?

Yes. Game copiers that are used to copy video game software without authorization onto any type of memory device or the hard drive of a personal computer are illegal. They enable the user to make, play and distribute illegal copies of video game software which violates Nintendo's copyrights and trademarks. These devices also allow for the uploading and downloading of ROMs to and from the Internet. Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.

and btw, I never linked to any ROMs. ;)

I've been doing this since you were a child doing basic arithmetic in school, don't try me.

score_under

Years
    Based upon the functions of these devices, they are illegal.
    Meaning that backups (what the function DOES) are also illegal in this case.

and btw, I never linked to any ROMs. ;)
    I didn't say you did. I was likening it to other questionable-legality material not allowed on this site.

I've been doing this since you were a child doing basic arithmetic in school, don't try me.
    Age?

IIMarckus

J946@5488AA97464
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Copied from Nintendo's site
    Everyone knows Nintendo's piracy FAQ is FUD. They do say a lot of technically correct things, with the one exception being that ROM backer-uppers are illegal -- in the US they're not illegal to own or use, only to import. However, a couple decades ago a court did rule that Atari backup devices had no redeeming non-piracy use, but more recently a judge said it's legal to backup data from ROM chips if the purpose is to reverse-engineer. ROM backups are technically "sort of" legal and definitely a very, very gray area.

Of course, in practice ROM hacking is illegal because nobody actually backs up their original hardware. Plus if there's any form of copy-protection, making a backup of it is always illegal thanks to the DMCA.

Whatever, illegal ain't necessary unethical!

interdpth

I've seen things, man.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2021
    I'm 18, and i've been ROM hacking, and programming since I was 12. Happy now?

Just enjoy what's in the zip and stop *****ing.

score_under

Years
    I'm 18, and i've been ROM hacking, and programming since I was 12. Happy now?

Just enjoy what's in the zip and stop *****ing.
    I'm 15 and I've been rom hacking for about 3 years, and programming since I was 7.
    I was happy anyway.
    I'm not Dogging, I'm just saying that it could be illegal, and thus not very good for the forums.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2008
    Don't ask :). If you you were smart you would have read the manuals and some other stuff :)...

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    Let's put it this way, if you've downloaded a DP rom, a GBA generation rom or a GBC rom or any tools for hacking them, you can't complain to somebody about if what they're offering is legal or not. End of discussion.

score_under

Years
    Let's put it this way, if you've downloaded a DP rom, a GBA generation rom or a GBC rom or any tools for hacking them, you can't complain to somebody about if what they're offering is legal or not. End of discussion.
    But since said illegal ROMs are forbidden on this site, why is this illegal document/toolset not forbidden on this site?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back