• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Long time player, first time poster

banana87

The Original Game Boy
Years
  • Hello! The title says it all. I have played Pokemon since it's American debut back in '98. Been in love with the series since. I love how much the internet has brought the Pokemon community together, especially with trading. I look forward to making some nice friends here!

Years
  • I do like bananas. But hey, aside from that, welcome to PC! So nice to meet you.

You definitely make a good point on the internet when it comes to Pokemon, it surely has taken interactivity to the next level and with the newer generations it's only just going to get better. I've been a Pokemon fan for around the same time you have, and I'm still a Pokemon fan today, it's probably the only childhood memory of mine that I still love today and it's because I love how amazing the fandom can be.

Well, you made a great decision joining PC. There's so much you can see and do here, and you'll meet some of the friendliest members ever on a forum, so making friends should be easy for you. Make sure you read the rules, or if you have a question just ask any staff members. I'm always up for a chat so visit my profile anytime, and yeah have fun here at PC. See ya around!

- Hikamaru

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Hey there and welcome to PC!!
    Its always nice to see "veterans" join the community, glad to have you with us!
    Ive been playing Pokemon myself since i first got Pokemon Yellow for my 5th birthday and ive been a fan ever since. So, what would you say is your favorite Gen and why? And what are some of your favorite Pokemon?

I completely agree with you, the internet is great for getting together and forming a nice community, like PC :)
    If you are into trading, check out the *Trade Corner*, where you can look for trades and post your own! If you prefer to show your skill in battle, the *Battle Center* is the place for you! Make sure to peek into every thread that seems interesting, there is a lot to see and talk about around here.

And if you need any help, there is always people to help you out :P

Have a lot of fun, ill be seeing you around!

banana87

The Original Game Boy
    Years
  • Yeah, veteran, haha :)

My first game was Pokemon Red, and I had to call around to all sorts of stores to find one that had it. This was in September of 1998 and I was 11. My mom was nice enough to drive 45 minutes away and get me my copy. I was hooked before I even started playing, because my cousins got Nintendo Power and told me about this cool new game coming out. Well, my starter was Bulbasaur (and evos), and to answer one of the questions, that is one of my favorite Pokemon. He fainted a lot, due to psychic being so broken in Red, but I still loved him. Some of my other favorites are Nidoking, Sneasel, Electabuzz, Scizor, Torkoal, Scrafty, and more recently, I am really diggin Trevenant and Heliolisk.

Favorite Gen, I guess since I'm old school, I liked Gen II a lot because of how big it was and how complete as a sequel it felt. I really like Gen VI though, I think they did a great job with it, making it new but still feel right at home, and plenty for the nostalgics like me!

Got kinda long :D

Years
  • I started with Blue way back.. goodness knows how long now, around the same time as you. Can't believe how long it's been and how much I still adore Pokemon. A lot of us have been playing for around as long too so fitting in won't be an issue! Welcome welcome welcome, Banana (cute name).

45 minutes to pick up your game?! That's.. a long while, haha. I don't know if my dad would've been nice enough to do that since we were all really busy around that time after having just moved to America. Everyone in my school was playing so it just didn't feel right not to have a copy, though! Gotta hop on the bandwagon so we could have all discussed the amazing franchise that was Pokemon. My first starter was.. um, Charmander, I believe. Could've been Squirtle!

Glad to hear you've played the sixth gen too! Yay for fans who keep up with the series. You're going to love all the discussion boards we have here so be sure to explore and post wherever interests you. Getting hooked will be super quick.

Enjoy your time here!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • That was indeed really nice of your mum!! My first starter was Pikachu....what a disappointment
    But since you could get all the starters in Yellow, i was fine with that!

I really like your favorite Pokemon as well, Nidking and Electabuzz being definitly some of my 1st Gen and all-time favorites. I did use a Heliolisk in Y myself and i was pretty happy with it to be honest :) Although i didnt quite get why they made him Normal as well, Rock or Ground would have been SO much cooler!

AshtheIVth

I want Kingdom Hearts 3 now!!
    Years
  • Hey! A little late with the welcome but welcome! I've been on PC since December and i can say it is the best PKMN forum that i have found, in fact that is my number 1 visited page according to google, more than Facebook! (hear that mods? LOL) Anyway, liking the list of fav pkmn and your first starter, likewise i had bulbasaur, and with favs like scizor, sneasel, and Gen II being your fav, i think we have alot in common. Lemme know if you need anything and Ill help in any way possible, i also like battling, win or lose its about the excitement for me :) Til then have fun!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • I'm with ya there - the pokemon franchise has definitely stepped up it's game and we're all able to interact with each other; it's really awesome. :3

And welcome to the forums! I've been around the pokemon franchise since the late 90s myself, and so, it's great to have a fellow fan who have been the series who have been with the series for around that amount of time too!

So, enjoy your stay, and I hope to chat with you sometime soon! Take caaare~

Back