• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Longest Pokémon Fan Fiction of All Time?

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
Years
  • Over the years, I've been writing a really long fan fiction saga called "Trial of Juno." Even though Part 4 of it is still in progress, collectively, all four parts together are currently 613 pages in Microsoft Word, and I estimate it will be around 700 when Part 4 is done. So I'm curious to ask... is this the longest Pokémon fan fiction of all time, or is there one you guys might know of that's actually longer?

Also, I'm thinking of posting it here, but I kind of have to ask, how much of it should I post per day? I don't want to overwhelm everyone, but I don't want to take a whole year to post a chapter per day...

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    OMG IT'S NEO PIKACHU!

(Giratina from PE2K if you can place a name to a face)

Anyway, I haven't counted by pages, but the longest single fanfiction I've seen was Dragonfree's constantly revamped The Quest for the Legends - fifty-four chapters and counting. Under that is Gemma Bright's (extremely good) Pokémon Ultimatum. Those are the long ones I've got off the top of my head, but again, I have no idea how they stack up to The Trial of Juno. (I'm thinking it will be longer, but you may want to check yourself if your brain can handle the text walls.)

I find that waiting about a week and a half between chapters is the best when you've got a whole bunch of them all lined up.

Also, please post ToJ here! Pleeease!

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • From what I heard, the longest ever posted here was 200,000 words. What are your words? Pages mean nothing.

1,000th post lol I wanted it to be for my fanfiction ):< you robbed me!

Last edited:

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • OMG IT'S NEO PIKACHU!

(Giratina from PE2K if you can place a name to a face)

Anyway, I haven't counted by pages, but the longest single fanfiction I've seen was Dragonfree's constantly revamped The Quest for the Legends - fifty-four chapters and counting. Under that is Gemma Bright's (extremely good) Pokémon Ultimatum. Those are the long ones I've got off the top of my head, but again, I have no idea how they stack up to The Trial of Juno. (I'm thinking it will be longer, but you may want to check yourself if your brain can handle the text walls.)

I find that waiting about a week and a half between chapters is the best when you've got a whole bunch of them all lined up.

Also, please post ToJ here! Pleeease!

Hey, I remember you! Thanks for the warm welcome. Yeah, I've heard of The Quest for the Legends, but I never actually read it. But I have heard its good.

And I think I'll post ToJ here. I think the best rate would be to post 3 chapters a day. Chapters for me are usually 3-5 pages long each in MS Word.

From what I heard, the longest ever posted here was 200,000 words. What are your words? Pages mean nothing.

Currently, its 321,074 words.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • If you were to post that here, you'd have the longest fanfiction on PC, sure. I'm not sure about all-time, but definitely on PC.

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • Well not to sound nosy, but what is the fan fiction about?

Its about a Pikachu named Juno, born from a boy's dream, who fights various wars with other Pokemon in the world of Kivistal. Part I illustrates how Juno has a connection with a human named Jake Kossak and how he came into being, while Part II covers the second war in Kivistal when a new tyrant upriser destroys the homeland that Juno bonded with in Part I. Eventually, the wars escalate to the point where they involve the two Pokemon afterlife realms of Utopia (Pokemon version of Heaven), and the Abyss (Pokemon version of Hell) as they try to seize domination upon the living realm of Kivistal. Part III takes place in a different Pokemon-only world named Egatept, a world so corrupted and defiled by crime, hatred, and vices that was nearly destroyed by Arceus, spared only because Juno had hope for the doomed planet and decided to try and do something about it. Part IV deals with a timestream switch that Juno later has to undo or it will plunge everything into an endless chaos.

Yeah, there's quite a lot of depth to this story, sorry if that seemed kind of confusing. It will make a lot more sense once you've read it.

Izanagi

Jesus Saves.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 14, 2011
    That sounds pretty interesting. I might read if you post it.

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • Sure thing, I just need to take care of a few other things tonight, but I'll get the first couple chapters up tomorrow. Yes, it runs pretty deep, but I think you guys will like it.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • Chapters? I've seen "chapters" at 300 words. I've seen "chapters" at 100 words. I've seen "chapters" at 3000 (The Thieves of Time minimum), 5000, 8000 words.

Give a word count. Pages and chapters mean nothing, and according to Astinus, Pokemon MASTERS is the longest on PC with 200,000 words, and it's still not complete.

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
    Years
  • Latias' Journey, by Ri2. Fanfiction.net. Link in title.

67 chapters, 1,100,000 words, approximately.

He also has a sequel that's nowhere near done, and is almost that length, at 39 chapters, 910,000 words approximately.

If you meant on the pokecommunity, then I don't know what the longest story is, but this is the longest I know of, for now.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Online now
    Chapters? I've seen "chapters" at 300 words. I've seen "chapters" at 100 words. I've seen "chapters" at 3000 (The Thieves of Time minimum), 5000, 8000 words.
    What's with the quotation marks around the word chapters? It automatically makes me think you're being ironic (unless there's some grammar reason I'm not seeing), which is could make me go into a bit about how chapters can be however long they need to be.

Give a word count. Pages and chapters mean nothing, and according to Astinus, Pokemon MASTERS is the longest on PC with 200,000 words, and it's still not complete.
    That wasn't said by me. Frostweaver wrote that guide, and it's not endorsed by the current population of F&W.

Pokemon MASTER (not MASTERS - there's only one) has been completed back in 2002. And it was never posted on PC.

It's up in the air which fic is the longest here. I know of one with long chapters, but it's not finished, and I don't know what the exact word count is. Since it's kind of hard to tell/search for it.

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • Latias' Journey, by Ri2. Fanfiction.net. Link in title.

67 chapters, 1,100,000 words, approximately.

He also has a sequel that's nowhere near done, and is almost that length, at 39 chapters, 910,000 words approximately.

If you meant on the pokecommunity, then I don't know what the longest story is, but this is the longest I know of, for now.

HOLY SNAP. That is truly huge. I'm guessing he started writing that ever since Latias existed and forgot how to stop? j/k

Don't think I'll be beating 1,100,000 words, that's for sure.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
  • What's with the quotation marks around the word chapters? It automatically makes me think you're being ironic (unless there's some grammar reason I'm not seeing), which is could make me go into a bit about how chapters can be however long they need to be.

That wasn't said by me. Frostweaver wrote that guide, and it's not endorsed by the current population of F&W.

Pokemon MASTER (not MASTERS - there's only one) has been completed back in 2002. And it was never posted on PC.

It's up in the air which fic is the longest here. I know of one with long chapters, but it's not finished, and I don't know what the exact word count is. Since it's kind of hard to tell/search for it.

Ahhh I see xD I thought it was on PC. I did a search for it o-o and I didn't find it. I immediately thought it was you who stated that, being the moderator and all xD

and I use quotation around "chapters" because it's different for everyone. Some people do "chapters" around 100-450 words; others do longer ones. S'all.

Back