• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Looks like we're near the end.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    I think this year I realised a lot of things and I became better as a person. A good year overall.

Years
    This was a year full of surprises. Moving to Tennessee from Texas in January, and learning that I would move to Canada in March was certainly shock induced. Having to make new friends, experiencing different cultural input, all strange and eventually welcome changes. In Canada, I felt a wave of anti-Americanism that was never felt before, coming from a very conservative, pro-American state like Texas.

It was also a year of more failures than successes. Not being able to achieve my goal of having more extra-curriculars than last year (which was just Latin Club) and getting dropped from the Mock Trials team are some examples of such. Schoolwork, I've found myself growing lazier and lazier with. That'll have to change, fast.

Also, I came back to PC after two years in 2009. That was refreshing also. XD;

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    It went up and down.....left ter right....Financial crisis irritating....moar good friends than last year....Disease gettin better....ya know. XD

Converge

Take One Last Breath
    Years
    Ehh mine started out pretty bad and continued to go downhill, til around september, since then its just kinda been great :D

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
    That's how you define a bad year, a few famous people you've never met have died?
    I was going to say that. >:(

2009 was horrible. And what makes it worse is that I know 2010 is going to be horrible for me as well. ;o;

Indeed, and most are complete douchebags in reality. Take Tiger Woods as an example.
    Are you serious? As if Tiger Woods hasn't gotten enough attention from the media, people just can't leave him alone. He's not the only person in the world to have ever cheated on his wife, lmao. If he was some ordinary guy without hundreds of sponsors and billions of dollars, you wouldn't care. No one would. Except maybe his wife..

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    Busybusybusy! It's crazzzyy hard making a film. School is so difficult!

I'm happy to have fallen in love, though <3
    Aww. How wonderful for you. Congrats.

Anyway, never mind the past year. This entire decade has flown by for me. o_o

No real complaints about the last year. Could've been better, but that's always the case. Could've done some things differently. Could've improved in some areas.

This upcoming year... gotta get my full license, an internship, enter my final year of university (I can't believe it). And hopefully end up lucky like you, Kura.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    I was going to say that. >:(

2009 was horrible. And what makes it worse is that I know 2010 is going to be horrible for me as well. ;o;

Are you serious? As if Tiger Woods hasn't gotten enough attention from the media, people just can't leave him alone. He's not the only person in the world to have ever cheated on his wife, lmao. If he was some ordinary guy without hundreds of sponsors and billions of dollars, you wouldn't care. No one would. Except maybe his wife..

I completely agree about Tiger Woods. We didn't like him because he was faithful, we liked him for his golf. Him being unfaithful should mean nothing to us, but alas it does.

Second Coming of Jebus

pies be with you
    Years

So, because he isn't the only person in the world to cheat, that makes him any less of a total douche? What's the count up to now? Like 10-15 randoms? An amazing role model for his kids especially since it's all over TV - even better!

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    So, because he isn't the only person in the world to cheat, that makes him any less of a total douche? What's the count up to now? Like 10-15 randoms? An amazing role model for his kids especially since it's all over TV - even better!
    That's not really the point. If the guy down your street cheated, even on 50 randoms, the media wouldn't be circling around his house, would they? No.

But, this year is almost over. So far this year has been a bad one and late 08. But, I hope to put it all behind me. I hope 2010, things'll be better.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    2009 was just like every year. I learned a new instrument. :D

So ok. Next year I HOPE to be more organized and then master the Piano and start with the Trombone. This is gonna be a sexy year :D

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2010
    I'ma be more organized. My resolution would be to meet more people, but who is to meet? I know [not on a deep level] Everyone in my age group my town is really that small.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    meh it was my first year of high school. bad grades this year. had a bf for about 8 months, but then we grew apart after a while. But he gave me my first kiss, that was pretty cool. I had a few arguments with my friend, but we're all good now. went to melbourne and met some family I hadn't ever met before. Experienced my first funeral :( Am now super close to a good friend/ crush?

It's been an ok year all up though.

New years resolutions:
    *Try to find some new friends. I like the friends I have now, but usually if I hang out with them out of school, I have to put up with there other rude friends that hate me. and my other friends who don't like those rude people, all live out of town. So I stay home doing nothing.
    *pay attention in school
    * maybe try to get a job
    *get even closer to the smexy lovable friend I was talking about above

I'ma be more organized. My resolution would be to meet more people, but who is to meet? I know [not on a deep level] Everyone in my age group my town is really that small.

Lol same for me. I wish a bunch of people my age would just move into my town this year

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hm. I want to tl;dr :3

This year... it's been one of the worst and best years in my life. When I look back at it when I'm older, I will probably call this the best year of them all. But right now when I remember everything so fresh... it's hard to put away the few things that weighed me down.

In the beginning of 2009... I was still a love-crazy and lost person. Then I met my ex and graduated from school and things became different. More calm. And the summer, like all my summers, was wonderful. Yes, I daresay even with the love drama that took place, this summer was the best I remember.

And starting university was probably the greatest lift of my life. This whole last half of 2009 has been like living a dream. I've gotten to know so many new people. I still have my old worries, but I've been able to flee from them so much easier now. I wished I could thank everyone properly... but I don't dare to.

At least I can thank the people on PC, who have supported me and made me feel better, probably most often without knowing it. It means a lot when people are kind and happy here.

I think 2010 will become an even better year. Yes, I probably have the 4 best years of my life ahead of me now... big thought. Time to start writing a diary again. To save as much as I can of it.

<3

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    It was not my best year. The person I loved broke up with me in the very beginning of the year, and then I really started losing closeness with all of my friends. Pretty much everything great about late 2008 was ruined in early 2009. >_>

However, I know that it could have been worse. I almost lost my grandpa, in fact I would say it was very nearly impossible that we'd have him today, so that is something to be thankful for.

But it still doesn't stop this year from being so mediocre for me.

I do not think that 2010 will be a very good year for me, in fact I'm almost certain of that.

Haruka of Hoenn

Rolling writer
    Years
    And here I am, expecting this to be one of those 2012 topics... :P All right, moving on.

2009 was a weird year for me. I can say with confidence that I'm a different person now than I was at the beginning of the year. (In the good way) As for those 'happiest moment of my life' moments, there haven't been to many. 2009 was like a transition, almost. I'm hoping that 2010 will be cheerier and more promising for me. Happy New Year's everyone :)

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    2009 was a great year, started dating my boyfriend earlier this year. So ready for 2010. Graduation!!! Gonna start college next fall. Exciting. =]

Back