• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lost your DS charger?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    Yea im using the charger for the older DS.

I think the old charger's end was to big for the thinner ds so they had to make a new charger smaller for it.

On a side note i hate the new ds lite so to small i prefer the bigger older one, i use the big stylis also from reserving the game its alot easier on my hand then using the smaller thinner ds lite, cuss its anoyying when the advance games stick out on the ds lite. I always have my Pinky finger resting in that area and on the lite its uncomfortable

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2007
    I do like the brighter screen's on the ds lite, but other then that its to small for me lol. Altho the brighter screen like on the SP makes the color's seem dull. The dimmer older DS the color's seem better

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
    Well, I'm not gonna state what you all have said,
    But I will say that I prefer the DS lite for... unknown reasons... but anyway, It shouldn't have to take a drop (Although it can) I mean, just in case it falls I have brought a DS lite case for Christmas (24 more days to go XD) so if it is in that it can defiantly take drops... lets have a lecture hmm?

Both DS and DS lite have there advantages...

DS, the DS can take bigger drops and is easier to hold, not to mention the fact that the GBA charger also works for it, but a disadvantage is that the screen is darker, and the DS is bigger e.g not so travel compatible.

DS lite, it is slimmer, e.g more travel compatible, brighter screen, which has three different light choices (DS lite brightness, DS brightness, no light) also it has some thing to put in the GBA slot so it doesn't get dusty. Disadvantages, it can't take as many drops and it is smaller so those whom have big hands will have trouble using it.

As you can see both have advantages and disadvantages, it's all up to how you prefer playing the games :)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Nintendo has always made sturdy products :3

I already knew that you could charge it with the GBA, but meh...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
    lol....the DS lite can't take a drop either.....

I probably droped my DS standing up (keep in mind I'm 6'3) countless times and it has yet to freeze.

My DS Lite has taken a few drops/room wide tosses (don't ask). Though it did give me a scare today when the touch screen wasn't working randomly, it turned out to just be the screen protector lifting up due to so many scratches on it or something. Replaced it and it works fine now.

And I just got a DS Lite kit with my DS Lite, so I have a car charger for it and extra styluses (I lost one of my big DS styluses, yet to lose a small one, go figure). The only problem with the Lite being smaller is how cramped my unused fingers get after hours of playing Mario Kart: DS.

I may have to send my Lite in for repairs though, it doesn't seem to be holding a charge as well as it used to, although that could be my lack of time sense when gaming. ...I did just notice it was 4 AM here, darn it, good bye sleeping schedule...

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My Ds was bought in Japan so I got a Japanese charger. Luckily, I had an SP charger which I could use. ^_^

Years
    • Age 118
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    Meh i use to have an Old style DS and i loved it. then i got a light and i love it.

I only got a light cos the top screen came off my DS.

It broke from like 30 drops.

But i had about 4 chargers for ds and Sp so when it broke i had no use for them

Back