• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lot's WiP comic and general talk

Bay

Years
Hello there! So I'm dropping by to say I noticed you've been pestering for a response to your thread. I'm going to ask nicely for you to stop and to be patient for a response or else you're actually driving away folks in helping you. (And before you ask, I won't be able to help you at this time as I'm quite busy)

Also another thing I want to mention is sometimes I notice in your threads you kept asking for help but either you're unable to expand your ideas from the barest minimum or you don't give back. I'm also going to be truthful and say you might not get any help unless you can prove you can expand your ideas on your own a bit more and help in return. I apologize if this is harsh, but I think you need to hear this.

Years
Hello there! So I'm dropping by to say I noticed you've been pestering for a response to your thread. I'm going to ask nicely for you to stop and to be patient for a response or else you're actually driving away folks in helping you. (And before you ask, I won't be able to help you at this time as I'm quite busy)

i don't mean to ''pester'' at all :< i'm sorry....

alright, i'll do my best to wait, ok? :>

Also another thing I want to mention is sometimes I notice in your threads you kept asking for help but either you're unable to expand your ideas from the barest minimum or you don't give back. I'm also going to be truthful and say you might not get any help unless you can prove you can expand your ideas on your own a bit more and help in return. I apologize if this is harsh, but I think you need to hear this.

that's the thing.... i got no idea at the moment what so ever...

the only thing i know are the characters right now, more or less.... >.<

but how do you mean ''give back'', if it's not a silly question? 😮

Last edited:
Years
I can help you out a little bit if you'd like. I'm pretty decent at storytelling, though I have almost no knoledge of the PMD games.

ooh, yes please :D thankyou :3 i've got no idea of the story plot, at all right now....

i recomend that you go play the PMD games of red/blue rescue team and PMd explorers of time/darkness or sky & gates to infinity , super mystery dungeon to get knowledge of them, though... they're great :D

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
i recomend that you go play the PMD games of red/blue rescue team and PMd explorers of time/darkness or sky & gates to infinity , super mystery dungeon to get knowledge of them, though... they're great :D

I played a bit of one on the 3DS about 7 or so years ago, and found it to not really be my taste. I have been meaning to give it another try though.

ooh, yes please :D thankyou :3 i've got no idea of the story plot, at all right now....

Cool, let's start with a few easy questions then.

1. Are you going to use your Mew Pokesona in your comic?

2. If you are going to, will your Mew be the main character?

Years
I played a bit of one on the 3DS about 7 or so years ago, and found it to not really be my taste. I have been meaning to give it another try though.

:3 that would be either gates to infinity or super mystery dungeon,
or even blue rescue team or explorers of time, darkness, or sky as those can be played on 3ds too :>

Cool, let's start with a few easy questions then.

1. Are you going to use your Mew Pokesona in your comic?

yeah, she ( I ) will be in it :> - https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/gallery/87026516/possible-future-pmd-comic- not sure what role, yet, though.... there are 5 mews, including me, in it :> - https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/All-5-Mews-in-My-Future-Comic-955849229

2. If you are going to, will your Mew be the main character?

i'm not really sure who the main character is...

but i do know that the human character is afina the espurr - https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/Afina-the-espurr-future-PMD-comic-958531492

would that make her the main character, i wonder?.... 😮 i'm not sure of her personality, though....
at the beginning, she's just a 10 year old girl who got turned into a espurr... a shiny espurr at that...

as espurr, she's shown that she knows how to walk.. which is rare in PMD comics... well, not the ones, i've seen, such as hope in friends & aezae's tales....
but is not used to such little legs... so it takes a little while to get used to them, when walking or running......

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
:3 that would be either gates to infinity or super mystery dungeon,
or even blue or red rescue team or explorers of time, darkness, or sky as those three can be played on 3ds too :>

I think it was Super Mystery Dungeon, but I'm not sure. It's also possible that it was Gates to Infinity.

yeah, she ( I ) will be in it, not sure what role, yet, though.... there are 5 mews, including me, in it.

Okay, so in this story, you were never a human that was turned into a Mew, you are a Mew from the very beginning, correct?

i'm not really sure who the main character is...

but i do know that the human character is afina the espurr.
Would that make her the main character, i wonder?.... 😮 i'm not sure of her personality, though....

Would you like to have more than one human-to-pokemon character, or just the one?

Years
I think it was Super Mystery Dungeon, but I'm not sure. It's also possible that it was Gates to Infinity.

:3

Okay, so in this story, you were never a human that was turned into a Mew, you are a Mew from the very beginning, correct?

ummm.... I...... think so, yes :>
actually, I... think I was turned into a Mew a long time ago, maybe... ^^'

Would you like to have more than one human-to-pokemon character, or just the one?

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/Other-Pokemon-In-My-Future-Pmd-Comic-955684487

well, it's true that there are a couple of other human-turned- pokemon, such as fluffy the eevee (F) *from red rescue team* and the gengar *from both red and blue rescue team*, cue the cubone (F) *from blue rescue team*,

apricot the vulpix (F) *from explorers of sky*, neko the skitty (F) *from explorers of time*, candice the torchic (F) *from explorers of darkness*, poka the tepig (M) *from gates to infinity*,

fokko the fennekin (F) *from super mystery dungeon*, squeak the pikachu (F) and hino the cyndaquil/quilava (F) *from rescue team DX* , but i'm not sure what to do about that... to keep them like that or not to.... hmm....

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
ummm.... i think so, yes :>

Okay, that makes things simpler.

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/Other-Pokemon-In-My-Future-Pmd-Comic-955684487

well, it's true that there are a couple of other human-turned- pokemon, such as fluffy the eevee (girl) *from red rescue team* and the gengar *from both red and blue rescue team*, cue the cubone (f) *from blue rescue team*,

apricot the vulpix (f) *from explorers of sky*, neko the skitty (f) *from explorers of time*, candice the torchic (f) *from explorers of darkness*, poka the tepig (m) *from gates to infinity*,

fokko the fennekin (f) *from super mystery dungeon*, squeak the pikachu (f) and hino the cyndaquil/quilava(f) *from rescue team DX* , but i'm not sure what to do about that... to keep them like that or not to.... hmm....

Wow. That's a lot of H-2-P characters... I would recommend you just focus on 'your' (Mew's) story, and Afina the espurr's story for now, then start adding in the others when you have a solid base for your story. How do you want it to start for example?

Years
Okay, that makes things simpler.

i don't know if you saw, but after i put '' actually, I... think I was turned into a Mew a long time ago, maybe... ^^' ''

Wow. That's a lot of H-2-P characters... I would recommend you just focus on 'your' (Mew's) story, and Afina the espurr's story for now, then start adding in the others when you have a solid base for your story.

How do you want it to start for example?

mmmmm...... i'm not totally sure on that.... ^^' *that's the problem with me... i sometimes can't think up stuff even when i want to*

which one by the way? My story (Mew)? *fun fact: I have the power to go back and forth between human world and PMD world, as a mew :D *

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
i don't know if you saw, but after i put '' actually, I... think I was turned into a Mew a long time ago, maybe... ^^' ''

I did not... Hmmm. Makes for good flashback/side story material. I'd put that on the back burner for now though.

mmmmm...... i'm not totally sure on that.... ^^'

Well, I'll give you a few examples, see if any of them stand out to you as something you might like to try.

1. It starts from your Mew's perspective, maybe in your house, maybe out in the woods, etc etc. This gives the reader a look into Mew's daily life.
after a bit of set-up, Mew finds a Pokemon that's never been seen around that area before. This would lead to introducing Afina's character.

2. The alternative of that would be starting from Afina's perspective, probably (it doesn't have to be, this is just an example after all) waking up in the
Pokemon world, as a Pokemon! The reader would get to see the world from the point of view of a person trying to learn how to be a Pokemon,
then after a little while, would meet up with other Pokemon and the story would go from there.

3. The third 'wild card' option. Have it start some time after Afina joins the heroes(?). Skips the longer introduction of side characters in favor of jumping right into the action. The reader would be introduced to characters as they appear, rather than the 'Hi! I'm ?????! And I do this job!' etc etc.

Years
I did not... Hmmm. Makes for good flashback/side story material. I'd put that on the back burner for now though.

:3 yes, i'll do that :>

*don't know if this is revelevent, but, fun fact: I have the power to go back and forth between human world and PMD world, as a mew :D *

Well, I'll give you a few examples, see if any of them stand out to you as something you might like to try.

1. It starts from your Mew's perspective, maybe in your house, maybe out in the woods, etc etc. This gives the reader a look into Mew's daily life.
after a bit of set-up, Mew finds a Pokemon that's never been seen around that area before. This would lead to introducing Afina's character.

2. The alternative of that would be starting from Afina's perspective, probably (it doesn't have to be, this is just an example after all) waking up in the
Pokemon world, as a Pokemon! The reader would get to see the world from the point of view of a person trying to learn how to be a Pokemon,
then after a little while, would meet up with other Pokemon and the story would go from there.

3. The third 'wild card' option. Have it start some time after Afina joins the heroes(?). Skips the longer introduction of side characters in favor of jumping right into the action. The reader would be introduced to characters as they appear, rather than the 'Hi! I'm ?????! And I do this job!' etc etc.

I... think i like NO.2 :> NO.2 's good :3

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years

*don't know if this is revelevent, but, fun fact: I have the power to go back and forth between human world and PMD world, as a mew :D *

It's only as relevant as you want it to be. It's your story after all. 👍

I... think i like NO.2 :> NO.2 's good :3

Those were just some examples to help get you going, you don't have to use any of them if you don't want to.
Another good thing about making your own story is, you can have as many or as few 'main characters' as you want.
I only recommend you start with things from one character's perspective for a chapter or three, just to help ground any readers in the world you make.

Now I must get to bed, as I'm very tired. I'll be around tomorrow though, if you'd like to keep talking about this with me.

Years
It's only as relevant as you want it to be. It's your story after all. 👍

yay!!! ^^ i am a mythical after all :D

Those were just some examples to help get you going, you don't have to use any of them if you don't want to.

no, i do like No.2 :3

Another good thing about making your own story is, you can have as many or as few 'main characters' as you want.

I only recommend you start with things from one character's perspective for a chapter or three, just to help ground any readers in the world you make.

i don't know how well i'll be able to draw... i've never drawn comic-style before.... but i guess i'll worry about that when the time comes....

Now I must get to bed, as I'm very tired. I'll be around tomorrow though, if you'd like to keep talking about this with me.

okay! :3 continuing then, then :>

where do you live, by the way? just curious...

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
yay!!! ^^ i am a mythical after all :D

It's all in how you tell your story.

no, i do like No.2 :3

It really does sound like something you might read in a PMD comic, that's for sure.

i don't know how well i'll be able to draw... i've never drawn comic-style before.... but i guess i'll worry about that when the time comes....

My advise? Just do it. You have no idea how many times I've seen indie game dev's start with a game that's very bare-bones, only to come back after a few updates to improve their older art, music, gameplay, etc etc, after they get better at writing code and such.
The same thing applies here. As you get better at drawing in the comic style, you can always re-do your older stuff to match your improving skill level.

okay! :3 continuing then, then :>

where do you live, by the way? just curious...

I live in the US.

Years
It's all in how you tell your story.

It really does sound like something you might read in a PMD comic, that's for sure.

:D

My advise? Just do it. You have no idea how many times I've seen indie game dev's start with a game that's very bare-bones, only to come back after a few updates to improve their older art, music, gameplay, etc etc, after they get better at writing code and such.
The same thing applies here. As you get better at drawing in the comic style, you can always re-do your older stuff to match your improving skill level.

okay! :3 i'll do my best, when it comes time to do it :>

..... well... i did this way back -
how_ladomon_met_tatsumon_by_akarifan25_dasvezn-fullview.jpg

summery: on a starry, moonlight night, ladomon was taking a walk by himself. then, he heard someone humming a tune.

he looked around, and then saw a light red digimon named tatsumon. she was sitting on the grass, looking at the moon

he hadn't seen such prettiness.

she, then noticed him.

'hi. what's your name?. 'i, 'i'm ladomon'

'ladomon, huh? i'm tatsumon. nice to meet you'

seeing that smile, ladomon, then went all shy. he knew he'd fallen in love with her

but tatsumon, being a little bit dense, doesn't know this yet.

https://www.deviantart.com/akarifan25/art/how-ladomon-met-tatsumon-653156771

but i don't think i'd call that a comic, would you? it looks good, but also *blowing rasberrys* it was on Dec 24, 2016 i never finished it, either & i haven't done anything like that since....

I live in the US.

ah, i see :>

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
Years
okay! :3 i'll do my best, when it comes time to do it :>

Great! That's a good attitude to have, just be sure to remember that it takes patience and practice to make a masterpiece.
Don't get too down if you don't get it just how you like it in the first few tries.

Considering I can barely draw stick people, I think it's fantastic.

but i don't think i'd call that a comic, would you? it looks good, but also *blowing rasberrys* it was on Dec 24, 2016 i never finished it, either & i haven't done anything like that since....

While it's a little short, it's definitely the start of a comic. And hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere! You should take at least a little pride in the fact that you actually tried to draw something at all, and not just think about doing it.

ah, i see :>

I have very odd hours, as in, it's 4:41AM for me right now.

Years
Great! That's a good attitude to have, just be sure to remember that it takes patience and practice to make a masterpiece.
Don't get too down if you don't get it just how you like it in the first few tries.

Considering I can barely draw stick people, I think it's fantastic.

thankyou :> it was on a whim that i did that, i think.... i forget...

While it's a little short, it's definitely the start of a comic. And hey, everybody's gotta start somewhere! You should take at least a little pride in the fact that you actually tried to draw something at all, and not just think about doing it.

okay :>

I have very odd hours, as in, it's 4:41AM for me right now.

i see :>

Last edited:
Back