• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love for Twilight? :o

Shenzi

Daft Hyena
    Years
    I tried to get into Twilight. I really did. But you know what attracts me to vampires?

It's when they're fighting. When they're being the bloodsucking leeches they are. THAT is awesome. Frou-frou vamps that fall in love and whatnot...it disgusts me for some reason. Maybe it's just my love of Nosferatu.

At any rate, a good romance story. Not my thing, but eh. But it may also be because I spoiled myself with lesbian romance novels and whatnot

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Oh yeah I love it!
    Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:

ShieldWolf27

18 year vet
    Years
    Oh yeah I love it! Vampires making love (the guys dead, how does that work again?) *Mommy! I have a question* And at school, "Edward!" "Jacob!" 8/5, yeah, thats a real delight. And umm the hole ""What am I" "You're a vampire!" Who heer was thinking. "OMG, he's superman." In what f*cked up mythos are vampires gods!?

Spaz a bit much? Take a chill pill pal.

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    I'm on the second book :B
    It took my whole mob of friends to get into it. I didn't really want to read it at first,but I'll admit,it's pretty good,but not to the point of crazy obsession. [like ALOT of people here where I live @_@..]
    personally I don't like Edward though DD; I fail to see what's so appealing about him.I prefer Jacob actually :B *knows she's gunna get shot by the 50 billion Edward Cullen fangirls reading this* But that'd just my opinion,and I guess that could change once I finish the series.

I might be seeing the movie sometime this week,since we get break ;]

Ayesha

惚け
    Years
    In my opinion, Twilight is really just great because everyone thinks Edward is the perfect boyfriend. All the fangirls go scream - "Edward!" - just because Stephanie Meyer says he's handsome. No offense.

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    In my opinion, Twilight is really just great because everyone thinks Edward is the perfect boyfriend. All the fangirls go scream - "Edward!" - just because Stephanie Meyer says he's handsome. No offense.

And I can bet all the guys wish they were Edward. (or at least some do) But it is a good series, the last book especially.
    And yes I'm a boy and I like Twilight.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Um, actually, I have no desire to be Edward. :| Thanks for making a choice for the entire gender though.

I'll probably be starting Twilight sometime this week. :D So, I'll give my opinion on it soon. Even though I might have to go see it with a girl soon. XD;

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
    I don't like Twilight. It sends bad messages to impressionable children, the main characters are flat, except for Jacob... he was fine up until Breaking Dawn and the Loch Ness monster(I pity the child) the rabid fan base is annoying, they try to shove their so called, logic, down your throat on why Twilight is the best thing since sliced bread. Not to mention the whole Team Edward and Team Jacob.

Team Tyler's Van and Team Cliff, the sooner Bella would've been gone the better, frankly she's the worst in the book, her constant whining and complaining and dependence on Edward is annoying and the fact that he watches her in her sleep.... That's not love! It's called stalking and whoever found that cute is sick, watching someone sleep is not cool... I would've kicked his sparkly butt out my house and got a restraining order for that one[/rant]

Okay, I'm done ranting -.-

elli

norse god thor
    Years
    I like the first book, the next two are okay, but Breaking Dawn disappointed & creeped me out. .__. Seriously, I think SM was on crack or something when she wrote it. The movie was great - funniest book adaption I've ever seen.

Although I enjoy the books, I'll admit the writing is crappy, the characters are generally static, and the whole thing is hyped up past the point of ridiculousness. Take, for example, the rabid pre-pubescent fangirls out there {cue story time}:
    A group of friends & myself went to the midnight premiere for the movie. The entire theatre was absolutely packed {I'm talking barely enough space to breathe here} & full of young girls + their mothers {most of them wearing one of those Hot-Topic shirts with Pattinson's face, or Lautner's}.

As we get to our seats, watching as the theatre fills up, the lights dim & the pre-movie stuff comes on. The annoying thing is, most of the girls in the room shriek & the actual movie hasn't even started. When it finally does, however, you'd think the most amazing gift from above just granted its presence onto the screen because all of a sudden, you hear this noise that would very nearly pop your eardrums if you were to be in the middle of these girls. {Luckily, we were up in the corner.} That goes on for a good minute or so to where you can't even hear what Bella's saying in the first scene... {then my friends & I + a few other annoyed patrons yell to shut the hell up, & oddly enough, they do}. Oh, and that's not even the best part because Edward & Jacob haven't come in yet. Those times, they quieted down a lot more quickly to listen, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

The only good part about these girls was that they were dead silent for the rest of the movie after the initial screaming, which I was thankful for.[/storytiem]
    So anyway, I don't understand the big deal because it's definitely not the best piece of literature in the the history of mankind as some make it out to be. It has to be just Edward or any of the rest of the Cullens because I know most people would love to strangle Bella from all of her complaining & dependence on Edward. I'd do it in an instant... Of course, that might not be such a good idea after the last book.

The one thing I absolutely despise about these books is that the writing actually seems to have ruined my own style. It sounds like SM's whenever I try to write a story or whatever... It even messed up how I do on essays. You can't imagine how aggravating that is.

Yeah yeah, I complain & ramble a lot. -scuttles off-

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay well I have a cousin who has read all the books of the series and she said that the movie had some down falls from the book...still haven't seen the movie, but I did read the first Twilight Book, and it was really good...Pity I never got to finish it...

Years
    Twilight is HIGHLY over-rated. Sad thing is, I cant read any of the books without one of two things happening:

1. I get called agy for reading a romance novel
    2. I get compared to the fan boys -_-

And Twilight is an okay series...not to good, but a decent read. What really ticks me off is when people dare to say its better than Harry Potter, and that is an insult to HP. People always try to play the 'Breaking Dawn beat Deathly Hallows in sales' card....this is true, but only because Deathly Hallows was out exactly a year before Breaking Dawn. So of course the sales for the book will go down- everyone alrady has it xD.

And heres my own story fo going to see the movie, though not as....extreme. As soon as Edward came on screen, 4 girls behind me and my friend sighed 'Edward....' this was followed by gagging all over the theater. And the only reason we got seats was because this was the showing right after school. As we were leaving....God Almighty....O_O

Anyway, I personally dont like the first or third book, and havent read the fourth yet. I LOVE the second one, New Moon. People may hate me for saying that. But theres is so much more action in that one compared to dull, suspense building and gives you nothing Twilight -_-

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Twilight is HIGHLY over-rated. Sad thing is, I cant read any of the books without one of two things happening:

1. I get called agy for reading a romance novel
    2. I get compared to the fan boys -_-

And Twilight is an okay series...not to good, but a decent read. What really ticks me off is when people dare to say its better than Harry Potter, and that is an insult to HP. People always try to play the 'Breaking Dawn beat Deathly Hallows in sales' card....this is true, but only because Deathly Hallows was out exactly a year before Breaking Dawn. So of course the sales for the book will go down- everyone alrady has it xD.

And heres my own story fo going to see the movie, though not as....extreme. As soon as Edward came on screen, 4 girls behind me and my friend sighed 'Edward....' this was followed by gagging all over the theater. And the only reason we got seats was because this was the showing right after school. As we were leaving....God Almighty....O_O

Anyway, I personally dont like the first or third book, and havent read the fourth yet. I LOVE the second one, New Moon. People may hate me for saying that. But theres is so much more action in that one compared to dull, suspense building and gives you nothing Twilight -_-

In response to being called a gay when you're reading that... When are people going to holt living in the land of make believe, where it makes someone gay if they like a particular book or a particular artist? People really do need to grow up. Chances are they enjoy something like that as well, as they've probably have a relationship that's romantically inclined anyway. So,.. being involved with romance novels makes you something like that? I don't really think so. Liking something has nothing to do with sexual preference/orientation and it's time people really learned to pull their head out of their asses and start living in the 21st Century. I mean, seriously.

You are so lucky that some people ended up not enjoying the part when Edward came on screen. I can only imagine what happened in the theaters where I would have gone. People scream over the most retarded things. I was never too keen on Robert getting the role of Edward, but I must say I am shocked at how well he handled it and never expected him to get that much attention from the young crowd. But I was foolish to believe that seeing as how even before people knew that he was playing the role of Edward, people were in love with the character himself.

I find it strange how many people like the second novel of the series more than the first. Twilight is the only book of a series where I enjoyed the first novel the most out of any of the novels to follow in the series. To be frank, New Moon really puts me to sleep whenever I start listening to the audiobook (usually I pay more attention and can comprehend things a lot easier when I'm listening to something.. I blame music for that). It's rather sad on my part, but it works for me none-the-less.

Anyway, my views on Twilight are somewhat like Elli's, only I really do enjoy how Stephanie writes. I think she's a literary genius. Then again, many things can make me happy with literature. But she captured her creations like most authors couldn't and gave so much room for the reader to decide so many things and that's what I really like about Twilight. It gives not only freedom to the writer, but to the reader as well and I believe more authors should really attempt this approach towards writing. Shame how that all fades into nothingness, or hate, when a production is put on based from the novel being discussed.

Years
    In response to being called a gay when you're reading that... When are people going to holt living in the land of make believe, where it makes someone gay if they like a particular book or a particular artist? People really do need to grow up. Chances are they enjoy something like that as well, as they've probably have a relationship that's romantically inclined anyway. So,.. being involved with romance novels makes you something like that? I don't really think so. Liking something has nothing to do with sexual preference/orientation and it's time people really learned to pull their head out of their asses and start living in the 21st Century. I mean, seriously.

You are so lucky that some people ended up not enjoying the part when Edward came on screen. I can only imagine what happened in the theaters where I would have gone. People scream over the most retarded things. I was never too keen on Robert getting the role of Edward, but I must say I am shocked at how well he handled it and never expected him to get that much attention from the young crowd. But I was foolish to believe that seeing as how even before people knew that he was playing the role of Edward, people were in love with the character himself.

I find it strange how many people like the second novel of the series more than the first. Twilight is the only book of a series where I enjoyed the first novel the most out of any of the novels to follow in the series. To be frank, New Moon really puts me to sleep whenever I start listening to the audiobook (usually I pay more attention and can comprehend things a lot easier when I'm listening to something.. I blame music for that). It's rather sad on my part, but it works for me none-the-less.

Anyway, my views on Twilight are somewhat like Elli's, only I really do enjoy how Stephanie writes. I think she's a literary genius. Then again, many things can make me happy with literature. But she captured her creations like most authors couldn't and gave so much room for the reader to decide so many things and that's what I really like about Twilight. It gives not only freedom to the writer, but to the reader as well and I believe more authors should really attempt this approach towards writing. Shame how that all fades into nothingness, or hate, when a production is put on based from the novel being discussed.
    xD well I usually manage to get them to shut up anyway, some how.

The reason I don't like Twilight is this: because you hear so much about it, think its going to be amazing, and when something DOES happen(ex: the van incident), you get all excited just for what turns out to be a half a page of action. Not so with New Moon, and even Eclipse has its moments...I would say what, but I'm too lazy to put them in spoilers.

And I'm willing to bet people screamed at the theater I went to....but I went right after school for one reason- to enjoy the movie because I knew everyone else, particularlly the fan girls, would be coming for the 7 o clock viewing. And as I left the theater....well.....O_O

I felt so sorry for the people who waited in line for so long only to be told that Twilight was sold out until 10 pm

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    You know what, I liked the books, I wasn't obsessed or anything but went to the midnight Breaking Dawn release with a bunch of friends. But after the movie came out and with it being so overhyped I just don't really like it anymore...it's way too overrated and I see it EVERYWHERE (which is starting to irk me). I mean I know one girl who's OBSESSED with it. She's seen the movie FIVE times. But the sad thing is, is that she's never read the books and she said she never will. I asked her if she was going to read it so she could find out what was going to happen and she just said she was going to wait until the following movies came out because she hated to read. I'm sure she's not the only one like that either. It's kind of sad, really.

Years
    You know what, I liked the books, I wasn't obsessed or anything but went to the midnight Breaking Dawn release with a bunch of friends. But after the movie came out and with it being so overhyped I just don't really like it anymore...it's way too overrated and I see it EVERYWHERE (which is starting to irk me). I mean I know one girl who's OBSESSED with it. She's seen the movie FIVE times. But the sad thing is, is that she's never read the books and she said she never will. I asked her if she was going to read it so she could find out what was going to happen and she just said she was going to wait until the following movies came out because she hated to read. I'm sure she's not the only one like that either. It's kind of sad, really.
    Again, a case of people nowadays turning into lazy, brainless, and soon lifeless zombies.

But I think thats Twilight's main problem- ITS OVER RATED. It would be fine if it was how it had been back when it first came out, but when Breaking Dawn came out.....ew.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    The Twilight series are my favorite books, and the movie is my favorite movie now :]
    I really loved it, I cried in every book, and I have all of them. I really loved the movie. I think they chose good actors except some good scenes were cut out D:<
    Yay Edward Cullen<3

Sokai

s ♥ n e
    Years
    sparkling vampires? no thanks.

I think its majorly overated.

People, it's just a love story with a hot guy as its sponsor.

DUDE.
    Thank you. D:

I despise the Twilight book series. :/ Honestly, Stephanie Meyer's series of writing reminds me of a tween fanfiction writer still stuck in her Mary-Sue stage, but with good grammar and spelling knowledge.

Edward gives me the creeps.
    Bella seriously makes me wonder.
    Nessie SERIOUSLY is not that great of a deal.
    And I'm pretty sure she was born with teeth.

Unfortunately, I hear a great deal about Twilight since all my friends and school are obsessed with it. I admit, I'm a smidge interested in the movie which I have yet to seen.

The only characters I don't mind are Carlisle, Rosalie and Emmett. Jacob is cool, too, except for his odd obsession with little Nessie.

Back