• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love for Twilight? :o

Years
    Not read the books, but I had to preview the film at the cinema and it made me want to vomit...I hated it. I'm not one for romance as it is, but if its done properly then I can't fault it for what it is, but this...this was...gah! I have no words! 'Hot' Vampire guy falls in love with human girl who want to be with him forever...meh.

My opinion of course....each to they're own.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    The first time I saw the movie my friend made me come with her and it was okay...I was dragged back a second time by my other friend and I think I slept through it but I don't really remember...lol. He kept punching me in the arm and telling me to watch the movie but it was so...ew...

SethCullen

Catastrophe.
    Years
    I love it and of course its overratted. Look at harry potter. A-DUH. Im a boy and i love it <3. Bella is so freakin cute. As is Rosalie.

But for christmas i got the hoodie with edward and bella and it says twilight.

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    I didn't read the book,but after reading buttfacemakani Live Journal it really turned me off. The movie was greatly advertised, it was just a undermines the vampire image, I liked it like all other fictional maovies about Vampires & Wolves.[Except Blade:Movie Series]

Robert Pattinson still a young actor has time to recover from this flop of a movie, yet he did break grounds from Harry Potter, which I think is overrated with the books and movie series.

Edward Cullen look more fustrated than sexy in every face expression he made, not to mention constipated. That so call relationship which instead to me is more like a stalker trying to get his fancies with a younger girl.

Beautifully cast I would give the movie 3 stars since the effects weren't all that great, they never shined light at the right moments, the plot was slow and dull

BUG♥CATCHER★BREEZE

Lurker from the deep
    Years
    DUDE.
    Thank you. D:

I despise the Twilight book series. :/ Honestly, Stephanie Meyer's series of writing reminds me of a tween fanfiction writer still stuck in her Mary-Sue stage, but with good grammar and spelling knowledge.

Edward gives me the creeps.
    Bella seriously makes me wonder.
    Nessie SERIOUSLY is not that great of a deal.
    And I'm pretty sure she was born with teeth.

Unfortunately, I hear a great deal about Twilight since all my friends and school are obsessed with it. I admit, I'm a smidge interested in the movie which I have yet to seen.

The only characters I don't mind are Carlisle, Rosalie and Emmett. Jacob is cool, too, except for his odd obsession with little Nessie.

Totally agree. I was forced to read the first book before the hype was that big and it was in a word, 'yawn'. I've only read the summaries of the resr of them.
    Seriously, a book based on the first book (Morning Sun, I heard it was going to be called), which is the first book from a different (Edward's) POV. Now, that is obviously a money making scheme! What would anyone want from a book with exactly the same plot as a previous one. (is you can say Twilight has a plot).
    And the
    Spoiler:
    . Me and my bunch of Twilight obsessed friends fiercely debate this, but they have yet to find plausible reason to explanation for it!
    *don't flame me!!* :O

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Well,I saw the movie yesterday. I really enjoyed it,including the acting of Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson. This is quite a love story I say,between a vampire and human lol. The one thing that was constantly annoying me was these girls sitting right up in front of me and had there cell phones out the whole time taking pictures and texting. The Mom of course who was supposed to watch them took a nap and dozed off. I'm suprised the movie assistant did not kick them out for the there annoyance. It was a whole row about 20 girls. Oh and I'm currently reading the book witch I got for Christmas and is so much different from the movie.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I have not read the books but I can always look at the scenes Taylor is in.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    My theory:

"Male readers much prefer New Moon because they can relate to Jacob, and because there is much more action present."

"Female Readers prefer the other books because the emphasis is put on the romance aspects."

Am I close?

'Cause I think Jacob is the most human, and relate-able, character in the series.

elli

norse god thor
    Years
    My theory:

"Male readers much prefer New Moon because they can relate to Jacob, and because there is much more action present."

"Female Readers prefer the other books because the emphasis is put on the romance aspects."

Am I close?

'Cause I think Jacob is the most human, and relate-able, character in the series.
    You theorize correctly, my friend. :B I think so anyway. Jacob is the most realistic character in the whole series, although he's still a mythical creature. He's not a Mary-Sue like Bella, nor is he crazy & overprotective like Edward. He's just... believable, I guess you could say.

& I'm thinkin' you're right about why female readers like the other three books. Most of my friends don't like New Moon because
    Spoiler:
    but they enjoy the others for the romance aspect.

Back