• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Luckiest moments on Pokemon X and Y?

Years
  • Age 45
  • Seen Oct 9, 2017
So I hatch 5 Pokemon at a time trying to get a specific IV spread and I get close to what I'm looking for but not quite, so I go back, wonder trade them all and get that one egg leftover outside so I can take out the pokemon in daycare and replace them with something else. Well, many times I go for full (5 egg) bushells a dozen times or more and never get quite what I want, and then when I finally get enough IVs (at least 4 sometimes 5) I take the pokemon that's in and put the new one in it's place. Well about 4 or 5 times when I take that leftover egg and just hatch it for the heck of it, it keeps being EXACTLY the egg I was looking for. It happened with multiple Rotoms, both 6 IV smeargles and then just now with when I hatched a 6IV Minccino AND a male on top of that! (IE, EXACTLY what I was looking for, even Gender)

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
Getting Mudkip and just getting sixth Pokémon Y shiny, a Goldeen!

EDIT: an hour later, and i got a shiny Dragalge as well!

Last edited:

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
Years
I outsped the Champion's Gardevoir with an underleveled Lucario and one shotted it with a critical hit from Shadow Claw.

I also caught three shinies in one month, including my favorite Pokemon, Growlithe.

I beat the game with an Azumarill that had 0 IVs in Attack.

Years
Caught two shinies today (so far): Masquerain and Lillipup. :)

Also, I've been really lucky with the GTS lately. I've been offering starters mostly and asking for Pokemon that evolved from trades and have almost completed my Pokedex (aside from Legendaries)! I hope I'm lucky when it comes to securing the Legendaries I need for my 'dex. ^_^

Feunard

Random Trainer
Years
Today I got a shiny pichu through WT with 5 perfect IVs. At first when I saw it I was like, "That pichu looks a bit darker than usual. Maybe it's shiny... Nah it's just the weird coloring of the game." This game in my opinion seems to make the pokemon colors kind of weird... Anyways I look into my box again while I'm WTing some more and I pass over pichu and he has a shiny star. I was freaking out.

[Lucian]

KANTO Champion
Years
Well the other day I ran into a shiny Ditto in the pokemon village, but my Greninja hit a critical on it and killed it when it was at like 60% HP, the shiny I almost had...... awww.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
Years
Just caught Mewtwo in a Pokéball! had realtively high hp and was just burnt, also has perfect iv's in HP, Defense and Speed :) !!!

Years
Bred a perfect IVed Chespin with the best ability and nature. This is the first time I have ever bred a 6IV Pokemon and I am so happy. :) But my #1 moment is finding two shinies within five minutes of each other. <3

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Aug 26, 2023
Probably, my best moment was when I found a Shiny Sliggoo and Shiny Gabite literally after like 3 encounters after. :o

Miau

If I fits...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 31, 2022
Today I hatched a Lotad with 6 perfect IVs! With the parents I was using, I had a 1/384 chances of getting him, so I'd say I had pretty good luck :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 18, 2015
I hatched 2 6IV Cottonee today. I'd have to say though the luckiest thing was finding a shiny Spiritomb and then a shiny Shuppet one encounter after. :)

Elements1

Meh
Years
My luckiest moment was when I hatched a 6IV Eevee with perfect nature (for a Jolteon) in less than an hour! I only had to hatch 20 or so eggs :)

Years
Earlier this evening, I put up a shiny Dedenne for trade on the GTS in my X game asking for a Latias (to help complete my Pokedex). I then played my Y game for a while and only just now checked on the GTS in my X game. To my great surprise and excitement, someone traded me a shiny Latias for my shiny Dedenne! :D

This is my first shiny Legendary! I am so surprised and happy! ^_^ Makes me want a shiny Latios to match... :P

It also makes up for the silly mistake I made earlier when, after a while of chain trading Legendaries for my 'dex, I put up a Zekrom and asked for a Phione (forgetting that Phione is the only Legendary that can be bred). Hopefully that made someone's day the way this shiny Latias just made mine! ^_^

Edit: I forgot to mention the best part! The shiny Latias has an English name! So it's actually named Latias, instead of the Japanese or other version of it!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
my luckiest and unluckiest moment.
i bred a shiny surskit after 4 eggs. turns out to be 2 iv....

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
Years
  • Age 44
  • D.C.
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Just got a perfect-spread Feebas on the GTS. It wasn't advertised as being any kind of special, but I happened to have the Numel requested... Cha Ching! :)

EDIT: Has egg moves too!

Last edited:
Years
Got my shiny charm today! :D I also now have an English name Suicune and Azelf to go with my shiny Latias! <3 :D

I can't wait to see how well this shiny charm works! ;) I've been seriously lucky with shinies already, so hopefully this charm will increase that! I want to try Masuda Methoding again. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 28, 2014
Luckiest moment for me so far was getting 40 chain and finally catching my beloved shiny Skiddo which ATM is usless to me, but it still looks cool and satisfy me :D

Back