• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Lugia Or Ho-oh

lugia or Ho-oh

• Lugia

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Ho-oh

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • What's Better Lugia or Ho-oh

I think Lugia rules and is better i mean all you see of Ho-oh is like 30 seconds but you see lugia for like almost an hour

Movie about you=better than 1st episode which doesn't really invove you

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I choose Ho-oh for quite a few reasons. He can reincarnate things like he did the 3 legendary dogs, he brings happiness to all that see it, and all the colors and the rainbow are really pretty. ^_^

Lugia may have gotten a movie and Ho-oh thirty seconds, but... those thirty seconds were important. Without the Ho-oh, would Ash's adventures be the same? Probably not. He wouldn't meet all the legendary pokemon. Then probably the Lugia movie wouldn't have even been possible for him. =P

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I preferred Lugia more since I caught him first and used him so much. When I met Ho-Oh I already leveled Lugia up so much I almost killed him. Lugia was definately much easier to catch then Ho-Oh since you just needed to go through the entire Whirl Islands and catch him. When with Ho-Oh you needed to catch all three legendary dogs and then solve that ridiculous maze

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Lugia is a beast so destructive and smart. It hides within the depths of the sea. Hiding itself from the world... "The Guardian of the Sea"

Some speculate ho-oh created the dogs trio while in the same case Lugia reincarnated the bird trio.

Lugia is so far the only legendary Pokémon to appear in three consecutive regular Pokémon episodes as well.

In a competitive match it shouldn't be close, lugia should dominate.

So all in all...I chose the benevolent beast of the Sea.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Lugia 'o course! He's(or It's?) intelligent and interupts people's business himself for the sake of people. Ho-oh just flying around, waiting for people and Pokemon to undersatnd each other before he could come to earth again. And he used his faithful "servants" to do the hardwork(Of course you know about Entei, Raikou and Suicune). While Lugia deals the job himself(or itself.)

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    BeachBoy said:
    Lugia is a beast so destructive and smart. It hides within the depths of the sea. Hiding itself from the world... "The Guardian of the Sea"

Some speculate ho-oh created the dogs trio while in the same case Lugia reincarnated the bird trio.

Lugia is so far the only legendary Pokémon to appear in three consecutive regular Pokémon episodes as well.

In a competitive match it shouldn't be close, lugia should dominate.

So all in all...I chose the benevolent beast of the Sea.

No, Raikou had 3 episodes before. :P

Quasar99 said:
    Lugia 'o course! He's(or It's?) intelligent and interupts people's business himself for the sake of people. Ho-oh just flying around, waiting for people and Pokemon to undersatnd each other before he could come to earth again. And he used his faithful "servants" to do the hardwork(Of course you know about Entei, Raikou and Suicune). While Lugia deals the job himself(or itself.)

Hmm. It's been a long time since I saw the movie, but didn't Lawrence FORCE Lugia to come out of its hiding in the Pokemon Movie 2000 somehow? O_o

Furanty

神の右手
    Years
  • I vote for Lugia, because it looks much cooler thna Ho-oh and has better attacks. Of course, Ho-oh is also a wonderful Pokémon with great accomplishments (revive other Pokémon, especially the legendary beasts/cats/dogs/wahtever you prefer to use)

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Lugia, I hate Ho-Oh. I didn't see any power in it. Lugia breezed right through the E4 in Silver, and helped me defeat the last part of Silver where you battle Ash in the cave. I absolutely love Lugia, it has so much power. And it's easier to catch, Ho-Oh was almost impossible. But because it had so much power? No, it was just plain stubborn. Lugia helped me beat the ENTIRE game in Silver, if it wasn't for Lugia I couldn't have done that.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Lugia or Ho-oh?
    I prefer Lugia, why?
    If they battle, they're balaced, since Lugia can learn water-type moves, and Ho-oh can learn electric type moves...

However, without teaching them anything new, I'd say Lugia wins. :)
    Why, when you catch a lvl 70 Ho-oh, it's moves are Swift, Fire Blast, sunny Day and Recover, yet a lvl 70 Lugia has Swift, Rain Dance, Hydro Pump and Recover.
    Lugia's a Psychic/Flying type whereas Ho-oh's a Fire/Flying type.
    So Lugia wins...;)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    They both are great, but Lugia is the best out of the both. Lugia looks much more cooler and has good stats and I just love it xD

Yoshiko75

Shadow of the Night
    Years
  • I love Ho-Oh. It's my second-favorite Pokémon. Ho-Oh's appearance is just so cool, and I love its unique move, Sacred Fire. My Ho-Oh in Crystal owns! ^_^

Game Freak

Pokémon Executive
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2009
    Lugia may have gotten a movie and Ho-oh thirty seconds, but... those thirty seconds were important. Without the Ho-oh, would Ash's adventures be the same? Probably not. He wouldn't meet all the legendary pokemon. Then probably the Lugia movie wouldn't have even been possible for him. =P

Also, Hooh was mentioned in the FIRST movie, so HA!

and i choose lugia though, cuz i loved pokemon 2000 a lot more than pokemon the first movie. Maybe it's just cuz im that demented kid obsessed with destruction. The World Trade Center, Laputa, that guy's Airship.

I am the destroyer of worlds.

Years
  • I'm going to go against the grain here and say Ho-oh. I'm a sucker for bird pokemon, and ho-oh looks much more like a bird than lugia despite the fact they're both flying. Not to mention I like the fact that Ho-oh is a fire type legendary, much more original. There are just too many psychic legendaries.
    Props to my Lugia though, he was amazing on Silver. =) Aeroblast rocks.

Roy_Leo7

Mr. Zangoose crazy-face!
    Years
  • While Lugia may have certain advantages when it comes to battling, the sheer mystery surrounding Ho-oh is astounding. Almost every other pokemon has had some alternate plot surrounding it, but looking at Ho-oh's amazing thirty second flight, it makes you wonder what bizarre insanity they have in store for the viewers of the show. There's just too little known about Ho-oh in the show to make an actual decision.

However, if I recall, even the illustrious team rocket managed to capture and fend off a Lugia...So really, how amazingly tough can it be? You have to be a decently lame legendary to not only get found, but caught.

Ho-oh still has time to impress everyone. Not in the games, but in the show/movies. I choose Ho-oh. But Zangoose totally PWNs. >_>

Lockmaster24

Wise words of FizzyStardust
    Years
  • Ho-oh is just better; Sacred Fire > Aeroblast makes ho-oh better. ho-oh is the creator of the dog trio which is the best trio and is just better

Back