• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hi guys,

No we haven't taken a break and surely not forgotten about you!
    We've been working very hard on the 1.1 update which has been our greatest priority. We've basically completely rewritten and redesigned lukomon Pokédex. In addition to this we will also release a couple of new features and, on popular demand, the IV/EV calculator. I wish things moved faster but it really takes a lot of effort.

We're excited to release lukomon Pokédex 1.1 for iPhone/iPod Touch and are actually looking for some beta testers! So if you're interested, please mail me: [email protected].

The calc for Android will also be released within some weeks. It requires quite some work to port the complete lukomon application so we're taking it easy at first. I can ensure that every Android user in here will receive the application for free. After we release the 1.1 update for iPhone/iPod Touch we will shift resources towards the Android platform.

Thanks Serene Grace and everyone else, for your continued support!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Woohooo Kombo is back in the house! To be honest, I really lost a bit of my confidence in you, but it seems that was just rude. I hadn't checked the blog for a while but I can see you are progressing, so that's good :).

About the beta thing, I'd love to test lukomon to the bone but unfortunately my iPod is broken at the moment. And since there will probably be new iPods somewhere in September, I'm not going to pay for a repair. So until September no lukomon for me :'(. Hopefully you'll find some other good beta testers, but looking at this topic, I can't see how you can not get some beta testers. There are some real motivated people in here :D. So good luck, hopefully we can expect the update soon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hi Pokafreak!

Yeah sorry about it but the truth is we've been working very hard to get the update out. It's now ready to be dispatched to the beta testers but unfortunately I haven't got any replies :( So I guess we'll just test it ourselves for the coming week. I hope you can get the update before the end of the month :)

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Will the EV training update have a thing where you can keep track of what EV's you give your Pokemon while you are training them? Also does it tell what EV's each Pokemon gives?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    The IV/EV calculator only calculates IV's, Hidden Power type and Hidden Power power at the moment. We have plans for a EV tracker.

Showing what EV's each Pokémon gives might actually be easy. I will look into it, maybe we can incorporate it in 1.1 :)

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • An EV tracker will come in handy for me because the classic pen and paper method is too tedious (not to mention, if you make a mistake it can be very costly.) So hopefully you guys will find an innovative way to help us track the Pokémon we defeat and tell us the amount we've defeated and how many EV's each one gives.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    The IV/EV calculator only calculates IV's, Hidden Power type and Hidden Power power at the moment. We have plans for a EV tracker.

Showing what EV's each Pokémon gives might actually be easy. I will look into it, maybe we can incorporate it in 1.1 :)

Another idea for a different app would be to make a RNG Reporter. I have no idea if it would work as an app or anything, but it would be really nice to have a portable RNG reporter in my iPod. What it is is a program that aids in the manipulation of the game's Pseudo Random Number Generator to make it where you can hatch/catch shiny Pokemon as long as you enter the game at the right time and do certain other things. It's really confusing, and the current RNG reporter is right here: https://users.smogon.com/mingot/rngreporter.htm
    I don't know if you would even have the rights or anything to do this, just a random suggestion for a budding RNG abuser :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Wow, nobody has mailed to test lukomon? Honestly, that's a pity... Well anyways, good luck with testing the app and hopefully we can see the update popping up soon in the App Store! :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks for your support!

We're getting there. The last round of beta testing and I will submit the update by monday so you'll hopefully have it by te end of next week or the week after.

I also wanted to share our new, crazy detailed locations tab with you, I think you'll love it:

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • The new locations tab certainly looks fantasic. It looks like you've made the different possible areas and methods of catching Pokemon easy to note and separate. Also, as always the aesthetics are fantastic and everything certainly matches the sleek interface of the iPhone or iPod itself. To the untrained eye, it could certainly pass for an app made by Apple itself.

If I could make a suggestion though, it seems that the area with the title "Surfing" only has one tile of the water pallette. It would be an improvement, in my opinion, if you made the water tile repeat over the whole title area to give the impression of the sea or a pond. I just think it's a nice, subtle effect and would definitely look quite cool.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    @Serene Grace:

Thanks for the suggestion! We'll definitely try that!
    We've just entered our final round of beta testing and hope to get the update out in the following days :) (excited)

Years
  • i think the one tile of water looks fine. repeating it almost looks amateurish, however, if you choose to repeat it, why not make it a gradient? that would look really nice

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hey!

We've just submitted the app update for approval. We're proud to finally have it out after a couple hundred hours of work :)
    We think you're gonna love it.

Meanwhile we've also done significant amount on the base project for Android. We should have something to show really soon.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME!!!! Can I use caps? Remeber, Capslock is cruise-control for cool! :P

Aaaanyways, I love that art! I read on your blog about your artist drawing custom art, but this surpasses my expectations. Can't wait to see the other art pieces. Overall I notice lots of minor and major graphical improvements, nice job. Also, as you are using an iPhone 4 simulator, does this mean you also support the retina display? If so: you guys rule. I'm gonna get the new ipod Touch and can't wait to see lukomon on it :D

One more time; great job. It was a bit of a long wait but I can understand it took lots of time, as Pokémon is a very complex game. How long for Apple does it take to approve an app? 1 1/2 week? Hopefully it'll be available soon! :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2010
    What a brilliant idea, pity I don't have an iPhone or Droid. Good work.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Thanks!

We're really happy with the interface and habitat artwork of lukomon right now :) We've ensured every graphic in the app is as high res as possible and has a Retina version as well so it will look great on previous generation iPhones/iPods and eye poppin on the new Retina display.
    I ordered the new iPod Touch with Retina display myself but unfortunately it will take another week before it will be shipped :-/

@Pokafreak: I'm not sure how long the approval process will take. Some devs get lucky with only a few days or a week. If you're unlucky it can take up to three weeks. We've waited about 2 weeks with lukomon 1.0.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back