• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Wow! That video for the iPhone/Touch one makes me want the Android version even more! haha. Really shows a lot of work was put into this. Can't wait to get my hands on it!

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Just a little note to make sure you guys make sure the app works well with the multitasking feature. I've noticed freezing and glitches in other apps with the new iOS4 update; but I hope this one will be fine.

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Amazing, due to the fact I don't have monies on my iTunes account. I hope to get a free version.. well, I'll dig some cash for an App Store card :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Serene Grace: Great, thanks for the confirmation :)
    Agressor and others: we got some spare codes, enjoy:

ML7JPRMN69L9
    L66N374WA49Y
    LAY7PN96RJ7F
    7J6E7RNKMHTT
    EK3EJP9E979E

Quick update: we got the multi resolution codebase now working reasonably well for both Android and iOS. We've got a great visual update coming along with IV/EV calc, base stats and more. Please bare the wait :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2010
    Hey Kombo, I don't know if anyone else has pointed this out but there seems to be a problem with the "Map" section of the pokedex entries. When you try to scroll down to see the locations where you can find the pokemon, the app crashes. Just thought I'd let you know. =D

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Eclipsed Gaia: thanks for your report. This seems to be an iOS4 issue, we're on this. Sorry about it.

Years
    Hi, I was trying to enter the codes in to get the app and it says that there only valid for the US, so I was wondering if you had any for the UK or not. Also I was wondering what the codes do. Does it make the app half price or even free?
    Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Alphabetasoup: the codes let you download ('redeem') lukomon Pokédex for free. Apple only gives out codes that work in the US iTunes Store. Sorry about that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    ORegan: Blackberry support would be nice. I don't know the Blackberry platform so I'm not sure. Maybe later this year. We know focus on a solid iPhone/iPod Touch release and Android is on the roadmap first.

A quick update: We've finished a lot of work on the next update of lukomon:
    • Fixed some (iOS4) bugs that caused crashes
    • Rewritten the complete codebase to ensure stability and performance improvements
    • Revamped the design to be more consistent and slick
    • Use a new and more complete database system
    • Add base stats, natures, Pokéathlon stats and more

Some of these items are nearly complete. We're now focussing on the IV/EV calc. It's tough but it will be great!

We've also opened a blog where we will be sharing insights on the development of lukomon Pokédex. You can view it here: https://www.kombostudio.com.

Things got a bit delayed due to the moving and the world cup. But I can ensure you we're working hard! We've got some cool new artwork coming up and the IV calc as one of the most exiting features. But it's quite a lot of work for one developer (I'm the only developer) so please bare the wait.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Hey Kombo, I haven't checked this topic for awhile, but I can tell you that I've been using the app a lot! It's really nice, even without the EV/IV stats. But those are coming in the next update so I am happy :)

Also at the blog, some awesome images there! I really like the drawn images for the habitats, awesome work there! I can't wait for the next update :D

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hey Pokafreak! Long time no see :)

Yeah thanks! We're still working hard every day to get the solid 1.1 update out there. Base stats are an important item indeed but the IV/EV calc is almost ready and we just rewrote the collections page and gameswitcher to support more versions.

We also really love the habitat images! They really add to the 'atmosphere'. We can't wait for the next update either :P

EDIT: Quick update: we've finished the IV/EV calculator! yay :) We will be giving away a lot of promo codes soon to celebrate :) Check it out: https://www.kombostudio.com

Last edited:

biancafanboy

Pokemon master
    Years
    I've never heard of lukomon before but I want to know what it is. I also have an iphone so I could definitely download it. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Any updates on the Android version? :o

Hi JP,

we started working on the Android version. We will first release a IV/EV calculator separately (which you'll be able to obtain for free). It will be ready next month. Sorry we needed some time to get to know the platform, but it's going to be awesome.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    It looks like the lukomon development team is taking a break, or has forgotten about PC. However, to lessen the amount of "when will ___ version be released" questions, make sure you visit their website or visit their Get Satisfaction widget for the latest news and updates; I'm sure they'll get to you faster that way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back