• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

lukomon Pokédex released for iPhone/iPod Touch! Android coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    With lukomon Pokédex not directly. We're going to focus on Android development the following weeks and we'll have to see after that.

I've actually been developing an iPad app for a client and I must say it's an interesting and fun device :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Yo Kombo. You are freaking awesome. Lovin' the update. New website is awesome too. That's all. Peace.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hai Eevee, thanks for showing up. We've been using your data since 1.1 (just released) and it's awesome. Thanks for your work. Once this gets profitable, a donation will be heading your way.

Thanks Pokafreak! Glad you like it :)

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    How's the Android version coming along? XD

Hoping to see some screenshots soon!

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    JP: We're almost done creating the layout for every different Android resolution and we've done most of the programming already. It's coming along pretty well.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • hey i would like to report a problem with the app. i already posted it on the site in the first post. but since u are here i will post it here as well

i am having a problem when i try to open the app. it gets to the main page and then closes. i have tried restarting my device...i have even deleted the app and redownloaded it. and the same thing is happening.
    i have installed the update and it was working perfectly before then

anyway i am using a ipod touch

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hi Eurydice,

Thanks so much for your report.

Truly sorry about that. We are having some problems with iOS 3.1.3. We are on it and will push an update this week!

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • Hi Eurydice,

Thanks so much for your report.

Truly sorry about that. We are having some problems with iOS 3.1.3. We are on it and will push an update this week!

awesome i will keep an eye open for it ^_^
    but before that started i can say its really awesome

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    Wow, this is a great app! I've been looking for a pokedex app like this for a while. Just a few questions,

1. Where do you get your info on the pokemon from? I noticed an error on magnemite where it incorrectly states magnemites location as 'none' on R/S/E.

2. Do you think it would be possible to add the move type to the move list?

Years
    • Seen Sep 16, 2018
    1. We use veekun as our data source and apparantly they don't have any Magnemite locations on R/S/E: https://veekun.com/dex/pokemon/magnemite/locations

Hm, they don't have locations for any R/S/E pokemon. :s

2. What exactly do you mean?

I mean like,

or maybe something like Bulbapedia has?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Hm, they don't have locations for any R/S/E pokemon. :s

I mean like,

or maybe something like Bulbapedia has?

I'm sorry but I think I'll have to disappoint you. We can't do much about the data since it's not in veekun. We can investigate if it's possible to get the data from another source.
    I like your concept (thanks!) but implementing it like that on a device like the iPod Touch would stress it too much. To look up the types of each move would require extra database communication which would make the app too slow (think seconds). Sorry.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    Hey Kombo, I just wanted to thank you for your great support. I kinda lost my hope when the waiting on lukomon 1.1 took so long but you surely didn't deserve that. Lukomon 1.1 was a great, and I mean GREAT addition and 1.2 was a little nice update. We can't do much with the Black/White data yet but it's just cool to have it. So yeah, keep supporting your app like this and I think you'll get many more satisfied customers like me. Biggest surprise for me was the IV calc, I knew it was coming but it just works so much better than I had hoped. Really awesome feature and I'm eagerly waiting for the EV tracker as that will make my life as a Pokémon trainer much easier.

On a sidenote, are there actually more people on PokéCommuty with this app? Because it's mostly been the same people replying in this thread. I'm interested to know if there are actually some people who bought the app because they saw this thread...

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    Pokafreak: Thanks so much for your continuous support. It's people like you who keep on motivating us!
    I can understand that you lost hope waiting so long for the update. But the truth is I, as the one developer and designer, have been working all holiday long for hundreds of hours rewriting and finetuning lukomon (other members include concepters, beta testers and graphic artists). That's also the reason the Android version is taking so long. It's just a lot of work!
    That's why we're also looking at more lucrative projects which will help funding the development of time consuming apps like lukomon, which hasn't been profitable up until now.

The EV tracker will be the big feature for the next release along with a training guide. We will post some concepts on our blog soon :)

Years
  • If it's being too time consuming for the Andriod scripting etc, does that mean that a blackberry release is gonna be less likely to happen?

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2012
    If it's being too time consuming for the Andriod scripting etc, does that mean that a blackberry release is gonna be less likely to happen?

No, not necessarily. I can't give any timeframes. For now we will focus on Android development and once that's finished, we're going to look at other platforms. We're certainly interested in the Blackberry platform too.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    Yes, RSE is still a glaring omission (though encounters in general need work). I hope to get around to it soon, once I'm done with all this Black/White fallout.

Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2010
    イーブイ you teamed up with Kombo Studio or something? Because if I can believe your signature you're the owner of veekun, that's a pretty big deal! *hail*

also it's so quiet in here, where's the whole gang that was going to buy lukomon? xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back