• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Lurking Shadow Event

Years
  • So I know it's only 40 minutes into the event, but what are you thinking so far? I'm personally really enjoying the chance to battle against Giovanni, and I'm going to grind the event until I can get him on my team. Giovanni is one of the pairs I was most excited to see in the game

Years
  • I'm putting in the effort to at least unlock the sync pair, may keep going since apparently it MAY be possible to farm the notes from the event. I'm leveling Cheren and Nanu since they are my only dark types (I have not pulled at all), so that I can farm a little faster. Whether I'll be able to farm Hard Co-Op is something I'll need to see later.

Years
  • I'm putting in the effort to at least unlock the sync pair, may keep going since apparently it MAY be possible to farm the notes from the event. I'm leveling Cheren and Nanu since they are my only dark types (I have not pulled at all), so that I can farm a little faster. Whether I'll be able to farm Hard Co-Op is something I'll need to see later.

Well I'm telling you right now, since I'm farming, you will definitely want to farm after you get the pair. The items you need to learn moves and increase the level cap are only available through the event, or trading with the event vouchers. And as of right now, with a level 85 Grimsley, leven 95 Nanu, and level 70 Giovanni, I can farm the Hard Co-Op, beat the Very Hard 1/10 times, and don't stand a chance on the Super hard, though I'm above the recommended power

Years
  • Level 95 Hau, Level 95 Nanu, and Level 100 Cheren have almost no problems auto farming Hard Co-Op...I just don't plan to try for Very Hard since they are more likely to need more specialized units that can be obtained from scouting. Just in case, I try to not have NPCs, although I managed fine with just one other player. You can complete all the quests for the event just by continuing to play, 100 battles against Giovanni, Single or Co-Op, will complete all quests. The rest is farming vouchers to not only unlock Mewtwo, but make him much stronger.

EDIT: I now have Giovanni and Mewtwo unlocked. I'm continuing to do the farming since it is possible to get the stars increased on Mewtwo. I may as well see if I can power-up Mewtwo a lot so it can be a very good striker alongside Raichu.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Level 95 Hau, Level 95 Nanu, and Level 100 Cheren have almost no problems auto farming Hard Co-Op...I just don't plan to try for Very Hard since they are more likely to need more specialized units that can be obtained from scouting. Just in case, I try to not have NPCs, although I managed fine with just one other player. You can complete all the quests for the event just by continuing to play, 100 battles against Giovanni, Single or Co-Op, will complete all quests. The rest is farming vouchers to not only unlock Mewtwo, but make him much stronger.

EDIT: I now have Giovanni and Mewtwo unlocked. I'm continuing to do the farming since it is possible to get the stars increased on Mewtwo. I may as well see if I can power-up Mewtwo a lot so it can be a very good striker alongside Raichu.

Yeah, I have Giovanni myself, and I added a level 100 Karen to my team, so it's all Dark types. I can farm very hard with this team, and after beating Super Hard, I noticed it's not worth farming anyways

Years
  • Been autofarming very hard and it's going okay! This thread actually just reminded me that I need to log in today and do the daily boosts for each of the map haha, thanks 👍 Should be on track if I do those + a few extra every day.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I'm struggling with this since I haven't scouted once since the first week the game came out and the only dark sync pair I have is Nanu... but I guess I'm doing alright. I don't expect my Giovanni/Mewtwo to be powerful because I don't have the patience to sit and grind this beyond the daily bonuses but maybe I'll at least get him, ahaha...

Years
  • oh man haha DeNA actually kinda dropped the ball with this event. i balked at first because doing the single player event managed some paltry like..7-8 tickets. what i didn't realize until nearly the last minute was that the game was kind of hoping (i suppose?) that players would jump more into the co-op side of things since that grants more rewards. even then, 800 is uh... steep. took me nearly all day to get there even with the increased tickets from co-op lol.

kinda wish that there wouldn't be such a reliance on those event tickets after you get Giovanni, though. after you unlock him, you should at least unlock Mewtwo's moves the regular way. for those that ran out of time (like me) to unlock all of Mewtwo's moves and its Passive... do we just wait until the event rolls around again? who knows when that'll be? idk but there are things that definitely could've been done better, here.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2019
    The Grind The game has improved

The game has improved so much since release, but anyone else think they should tune down the grind? The Mewtwo grind was horrendous with 60 hours total for a maxed out Mewtwo. Also the events with powerup tickets, even after you complete all the missions you still need to grind about 1k more coupons for the remaining power up tickets (2700 total for all 9 power ups)

I've maxed out all the 2* star gear since release and the grind for that is pretty atrocious too with 100+ runs, upping the 2* gear drop rate from 5% to 10% would help, doubling the threads and cloths drops will also remedy the increase of gear drops

At the end of the it's a Gacha game and it requires grinding but at least make it reasonable without being on your phone all day.

Years
  • The game has improved so much since release, but anyone else think they should tune down the grind? The Mewtwo grind was horrendous with 60 hours total for a maxed out Mewtwo. Also the events with powerup tickets, even after you complete all the missions you still need to grind about 1k more coupons for the remaining power up tickets (2700 total for all 9 power ups)

I've maxed out all the 2* star gear since release and the grind for that is pretty atrocious too with 100+ runs, upping the 2* gear drop rate from 5% to 10% would help, doubling the threads and cloths drops will also remedy the increase of gear drops

At the end of the it's a Gacha game and it requires grinding but at least make it reasonable without being on your phone all day.

hey! i've merged your thread over to an existing thread discussing the Lurking Shadow event.

that said though, i agree with you that i think DeNA should probably tone down the requirements to max out Mewtwo. i suppose i get the overarching point that completely maxing out a legendary like Mewtwo isn't supposed to be easy, but i don't agree that it has to be particularly draining, either. i think the 3x prizes once per day definitely helped, but honestly it would've been better if that would've been the default if they're going to make 1K the limit to power up Mewtwo/get all of its moves.

i've only managed to get my Giovanni to like, Lv. 70 and i've only unlocked like 3/4 of his moves so far? i started at the very last minute so i guess i have to wait until the next Giovanni event rolls around (whenever that will be), which is silly on its own because if the event is over, you should be able to unlock his moves/passives regularly like with anyone else, but eh.

Back