• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Luxray or Raichu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joycey98

The Root of All Evil
    Years
    I was wondering which Pokemon people thought was better: Luxray or Raichu. Also, please give me a good reason, just don't say "Raichu is teh supaa bombs..fillerfiller."

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
    I like Luxray better. I had mine throughout the whole game (well...I evolved my Shinx) and it helped me alot when I was battling the E4! So I vote Luxray!

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
    I've had Luxray since the start. Luxray has higher attack, but, Riachu has waaay higher speed. There useful in there own ways, but Riachu is faster, so he may be more useful.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I think that Raichu learns much better moves than Luxray and it is faster. However, I like Luxray better because of higher attack and defense, and I have had it since the beginning like most people.

Sajiri

Wandering Trainer
    Years
    Normally I like fast pokemon, but I like luxray because it generally does have better stats other than that. Also because of how early you can get it like other people. I get attatched to my pokemon.

Although I still prefer to have a jolteon XP

Zacceh

Another day in the life of...
    Years
    I ch00z luxrai becuz it is teh supaa bbombah... lmao jk
    I do still pick Luxray though
    1) It's got better stats
    2) It;s waayyyy more intimidating than an evoution of that lame as-- Imean, booty, Pikaroofus...

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Luxray is better, I mean, it has better Attack and Sp. Attack, so whichever way you look at it, I would rather sacrifice a little speed in order to have much more stab on my moves. The electric moves are mainly about Sp. Attack, and what's speed gonna do when you need that extra bit of Sp. Attack. Nothing. And plus, Luxray is just sweet, I mean, him & Intimidate is awesome. Probably one of my fave out of the new bunch.

SapphireL

I don't wanna lose your love..
    Years
    It depends on what you need, actually. Luxray is a physical Pokemon and Raichu is generally a special attacking Pokemon. Luxray's movepool is very limited in comparison to Raichu. The only physical attacks that Luxray gets are Spark, Crunch, Ice/Fire/Thunder Fang, Return, Iron Tail... while Raichu can work physical or special. She has Nasty Plot, Grass Knot, Thunderbolt, Encore, Reversal, Focus Punch, Focus Blast, etc. It just depends on what your team needs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    Luxray was always good for me beat the entire game with him in my party and never let me down

umbros

Dark trainer.
    Years
    I may love Luxray, but I'd never call it a wall by any stretch of the imagination. My recommendation is still Luxray. You can stick with Intimidate (Rivalry ends up doing more harm than good), and if you want, you can make the Luxray a mixed attacker anyway, and its Thunderbolt is quiet usable. The speed issue is most people's primary concern with it, but it learns Thunderwave, so I don't see the problem. Plus, the fact that you can just breed it with Ice Fang really helps against its resistances. Raichu can be used in a variety of ways, though, and I won't deny it's quite useful. If you go with Nasty Plot, it can almost be a sweeper, the only issue becomes being able to set up. You can also go with Volt Tackle, which is a lot of fun, IMHO. All in all, both are good choices, but I'd still stick with Luxray.

PeeKaChu

Pika!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2008
    the words "slow" and "electric pokemon" shud never be in the same sentence.. i mean, electricity.. lightning fast!

raichu and luxray are pretty evenly matched, when you break it down. while luxray has more defense, that is mainly to allow it to sustain an attack so it can launch its own.. while raichu takes more damage, it hits first and learns better moves.. i mean, luxray's attack is wasted because of his shallow move pool. his physical attacks that get stab are under 70 power

and while raichu's attack is lower, its still pretty high (par with his sp attack) makin him a bit more well-rounded (since it can learn thunderpunch)

iono, i still like pika :)

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    This is like comparing blissey and skarmory- they are too different to compare. Luxray is a physical sweeper and raichu is special. Luxray's movepool is more limited, and raichu is generally better.

lostprophetsown

chatot,lucario and lance lover
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2013
    during wifi battles etc it is good with a ground pokemon if u use discharge it is really effective and strong its pretty quick and speedy to and i personally think has more strengthier moves than raichu

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Ooooooh
    I just remembered
    Sub-Salac with a nasty plot raichu and you can sweep entire UU teams :)
    There's a vid of someone doing it on youtube, so funny :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back