• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mac or PC? Which do you prefer?

Mac or PC

• Mac

Votes: 19 38.8%
  • PC

Votes: 30 61.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

alienXL

White Raikou Master!
Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2019
    Ha ha lol thats not a reason! xD although it does help.

I choose mac... Its (normally) cleaner, faster, more powerful, and doesnt crash all the bloody time AND it doesnt get viruses... i think the last time they checked it was only like 4 trojans! It is very easy to use once you know how which doesnt take long... Mac is kind of a Cult which has represented it self to developers, nerds, artists and rich people xD

Windows on the other hand is a good operating system for straight forward work... microsoft office, IE etc. with no real room for creativity BUT since it was established before mac it became the "standard" which means there is a lot of software for windows compared to mac.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • BUT since it was established before mac it became the "standard" which means there is a lot of software for windows compared to mac.
    Mac OS 1 (then known as System) first came out in 1984. Windows 1.0 debuted in 1985. So.....

Unless we're treating Mac OS X as something different. In which case that debuted in 2001.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Mac OSX should certainly be treated as a different entity. It's what Windows 7 was supposed to be; an entirely new code-base that ran legacy code thru emulation/virtualization. Of course, due to the "New Coke 2.0" debacle; they re-used the Windows 7 name for what is essentially Vista 1.1. So maybe we'll finally see the big OSX-esque move from Microsoft with..Windows 8?

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Mac OSX should certainly be treated as a different entity. It's what Windows 7 was supposed to be; an entirely new code-base that ran legacy code thru emulation/virtualization. Of course, due to the "New Coke 2.0" debacle; they re-used the Windows 7 name for what is essentially Vista 1.1. So maybe we'll finally see the big OSX-esque move from Microsoft with..Windows 8?
    The "old Windows" was phased out after ME. I'd say the code base between the original DOS-based Windows and NT is probably quite different. So in effect, I'd say that "OSX-esque move" has already happened, more or less.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    The "old Windows" was phased out after ME. I'd say the code base between the original DOS-based Windows and NT is probably quite different. So in effect, I'd say that "OSX-esque move" has already happened, more or less.
    Not entirely; while there WAS a big shift away from the 9x backbone; the essential elements of Win32 that have existed since Windows 95 remain. Windows 7 was set to remove everything to the point where any existing Win32 code would be virtualized.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Macs are very sexy, I'll give them that but they're items and software are too exclusive.

I prefer Windows and always will. They're more versatile to use and they're the original, which has to count for something in my book.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2010
    Mac OS debuted in 1984. Windows didn't debut until 1985.
    So..technically Mac OS is "the original"~

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • For all the people who say windows crashes etc, what the hell do you do to it? I've had many computers since i was about 12, maybe 2-4 and i killed maybe two.. and that was only because i didn't know what i was doing back then. Like ending a process in task manager and then rebooting your PC and it won't come on.

If you are having crash issues then it's something on your end tbh with you. I can't say i ever had a problem with any Windows installions as long as you have anti-virus protection, i used Zone Alarm on my XP computer for years.

Also for the people who say Vista is trash or no good- whats the problem? My computer is fast, it takes maybe a minute or two to boot up, it opens programs as soon as i click them. Get some programs and do a cleaning of your "Trashy operating system" and then see how it works. Tuneup Utilies and Window washer are good programs.

As for the topic on hand. I really liked my week with a mac, it's a really good operating system, but it won't keep me from windows. I honestly loved the feeling of the mac and it wasn't hard to get used to at all. I'm just more of a windows user.

twocows

Years
  • For all the people who say windows crashes etc, what the hell do you do to it? I've had many computers since i was about 12, maybe 2-4 and i killed maybe two.. and that was only because i didn't know what i was doing back then. Like ending a process in task manager and then rebooting your PC and it won't come on.
    Crashes can occur for any number of reasons. Virus, hardware issue, poorly programmed software, etc. Just because someone encounters a crash doesn't mean it's their fault.

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • Crashes can occur for any number of reasons. Virus, hardware issue, poorly programmed software, etc. Just because someone encounters a crash doesn't mean it's their fault.

Virus' are usually the problem, most casual PC users don't know much and it usually happens to them, when you get more advanced with PC's you realize you need these types of things. I know ton's of casual PC users who get my father or me to fix their computers for them, and most of the time it's a harddrive problem or they have viruses (All of these are Windows computers, of course ;).

Most people buy there computer pre-built, or build it themselves. So hardware wouldn't be the BIG issue with computers crashing unless it was getting old.

Poorly programmed software? Not sure i get what you mean there.

twocows

Years

• Virus' are usually the problem, most casual PC users don't know much and it usually happens to them, when you get more advanced with PC's you realize you need these types of things. I know ton's of casual PC users who get my father or me to fix their computers for them, and most of the time it's a harddrive problem or they have viruses (All of these are Windows computers, of course ;).

Most people buy there computer pre-built, or build it themselves. So hardware wouldn't be the BIG issue with computers crashing unless it was getting old.

Poorly programmed software? Not sure i get what you mean there.
    You can do things with C that would chill your blood.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
  • I prefer PCs, because I'm used to it, because it has greater compatibility, and the big one - they tend to be cheaper. :P

Back