• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mafia In The Middle of Nowhere - Game Over!

Mars

Lowlight
Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    My vote's going on GP, for now. POE from the Ash wagon.

Hello folks, it's me, your favorite Mischief Maker in to spice the game up.
    It's also imperative that we get a proper read on you. I hate getting asked to do this, but having your thoughts out there soon would be appreciated.

[Vote] gimmepie

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • Well that does explain the 1 death after night 1. Anyways I actually missed the part where Mala said don't shoot doof, and since they had that ability since N1. [Unvote]Doof

So we're left with GP, CB, and EC. (What a coincidence you can abbreviate all 3). I want to see claims.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I think it's patently obvious that I am vanilla, since Nakuzami wouldn't let a power role go to waste while playing Kingdom Hearts III.

Years
  • Going to be boring with a vanilla claim also. Sorry to disappoint anyone hoping for something exciting.

I'm not really sure what Mars is on about by voting me. It's true that I voted ash but so did the majority of the other voters? On top of that, I gave what I feel is pretty solid reasoning for my choice and I was in no way pressuring other people to vote her. I gave my thoughts on her, voted her and then left the rest of you to decide.

Furthermore, I was literally the first person to vote Aldo, the only scum we have actually successfully lynched when others were inclined to defend him and Mala, our only investigative role of any kind, who you're basing Doof's innocence off of, has been pretty solid on me being town.

So process of elimination here makes the rest pretty simple, should Mars remain unCCd (I think that will be the case). Peci is unCCd vig, Doof2 is most likely innocent because of Mala's adamant defence of him, you're unCCd bodyguard and I'm a vanilla townie. That pretty much just leaves it down to EC/Naku and Josh, neither of whom have really got anything solid going for them to suggest they're town.

[vote] EvilChameleon

Although quite frankly I don't care which one we kill.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Going to be honest GP. I would not put it past you to bus early.

Nobody would, but it makes no sense to do it in a game where you don't even know what you're dealing with or when you could easily get away with a town lynch instead because of a lack of info/general lack of criticism against your target.

I don't think anyone would argue I'd never bus early but not when there's no real net gain or too much risk in doing so.

Years
  • So... it's been several hours with nobody saying anything. I'm just going to get the ball rolling again.

[vote] EvilChameleon

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • back at it again with a poorly formatted mobile post

— i'm the last vanilla townie (along with doof it seems)

— @EC, if it were so obvious you were vanilla townie, you wouldn't have delayed voting me or GP off. your lack of vote to me reads as confusion as to whether to bus and vote your teammate GP (and therefore vote alongside mars) or to throw your vote at me instead and hope to preserve your fellow maf. also i don't think you can rly say that someone with a PR can't go inactive, you should know as a GM yourself that that's very holey logic

— on the topic of naku being replaced - i do find it interesting that GP swayed people away from
    voting naku on the premise that naku would be modkilled anyway when i just read that the OP said he'd just be replaced... coupled with the eagerness to vote off Ash, seems like a way to present ash as the only feasible lynch target and preserve a teammate? whereas on reflection there was nothing stopping us from just voting off naku like a few of us were considering, apart from your argument that he'd die anyway which i now realise wasn't true

— @ mars — "GP is POE from the ash wagon" sorry what is POE? also agreed @ your interpretation of what mala said when urging peci not to vote doof, tbh don't know how I missed that soft claim and still voted doof aiyo

so word of warning — i'll be at pride march tmr, leaving home at ljke 7am so won't be online at all tmr til night. depending on the bevs and how i feel at night. will try check in in a few hours before i leave. but otherwise i'll ben back before phase ends nws

i know they're both scum but no point spreading votes, so since mars already voted GP i'll drop another on him

[vote] gimmepie

i hope this post makes sense it's 1:30am pls forgive

Years
  • Oh right, I already dropped an EC vote lol.

Well, Josh's post above confirms well enough for me that we're looking at an EC/Josh team. I'd love to know were I "urged" Peci to vote for Ash. I'm pretty sure I made like one response to him in which all I did was explain my own reasoning for the Ash vote before going ahead with it. As for the mistake about inactive players getting killed off - that's all it was, an error. I sometimes forget other GMs are nicer about inactives than me.

Also, eagerness to vote Ash? I gave a well-reasoned post and then I voted her. I think I made like what 2, 3 tops, posts the entire phase and of those they didn't even all mention her. That's hardly eager.

Josh is obviously pegging me as scum with a bus on EC and is voting me instead to get the momentum kill off Mars, avoiding an actual lynch on his buddy and keeping all suspicion off of himself.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
  • Uh when did i say you urged peci to vote ash

i said mala urged peci.to not vote doof (i meant, to not vig kill doof)

maybe eargerness wasn't the right word but i rmb you putting in effort to sway votes away from naku/doof and to ash?

ok now i sleep

Years
  • Uh when did i say you urged peci to vote ash

i said mala urged peci.to not vote doof (i meant, to not vig kill doof)

maybe eargerness wasn't the right word but i rmb you putting in effort to sway votes away from naku/doof and to ash?

ok now i sleep

Got words mixed up when writing my response. The use of the word urged was in relation to Mala/Doof but my brain fit it in with where you talked about my imagined eagerness to vote Ash off. Doesn't really change the crux of anything I said.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Right, gonna have to vote for Projection Man.

[Vote] Charlie Brown

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
  • OZhPx6c.gif

Ya'll make this complicated.

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
  • Halfway through Day 4 Votals

gimmepie (2) - Mars, Charlie Brown
    EvilChameleon (1) - gimmepie
    Charlie Brown (1) - EvilChameleon

Not Voting: Pecilia, Bidoof FTW

24 hours left in the day!

Last edited:

Bidoof FTW

[cd=font-family:carter one; font-size:13pt; color:
    Years
  • So here's my issue.

The JD theorycrafting earlier, and a potential early bus, all scream things that I'd imagine scum!GP to do.
    Nakuzami getting replaced instead of modkilled also makes me think EC could be mafia.

Charlie projecting is a little worrisome, but with the EC/GP votes I've seen so far, and with my reasoning for scum!gp earlier, it seems viable for them to be teamed.

This is hard

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    Sorry I'm late. I'll try to keep this organized.

Yes, it is possible that GP pulled the wool over our eyes with a ton of bluffs. In fact, wouldn't be surprised if that's what actually happened. But using that reasoning alone is a copout that won't get us anywhere. Let's look at the facts.

- Day 1: GP votes for CB. Comes back at the end of the phase and mentions a lack of productivity. Lynch rands. It's far from concrete, but I believe that this makes the possibility of GP!CB a lot less likely. Even if there were other targets out there, I don't see the scum team risking the chance of bussing their mate over a random lynch.

- Day 2: Jd and saws are dead. GP opens with a detailed post about how jd's death may hint at experienced players on the scum team. Okay, sure. I can agree that it's suspicious. But he still did the exact same sort of thing again when he opened on D3 and suggested that we check the people who avoided voting Aldo. I believe him when he says that he wanted to promote discussion.

- Day 2 (Interactions with Aldo): Aldo and GP argue over the vig stance and Mala. I can agree that Aldo citing GP out of nowhere was suspicious, but the idea of fabricating everything Aldo did (The mala vote, Aldo's vig stance, Aldo throwing shade on GP) just so GP could have a shot at looking inno down the line sounds like a ton of risk for a small reward, as GP said.

Making a separate post for D3

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    - Day 3: GP opens up by calling for an investigation on anyone who avoided Aldo, which includes Pecilia, CB, Naku, and Doof. A mixed bag.
    - Day 3: GP clears Mala and Pecilia. This leaves Me, Ass, Naku, and Bidoof in his POE.
    - Day 3: GP votes for Ass, says that he finds Doof suspicious as well, but he might die from inactivity.
    - Day 3: GP votes for Ass, claiming that he can see the possibility of her being scum. Looking back, he hardly encouraged it. He also claimed that he'd be fine with a Doof lynch, but voting him might be a waste as he'd be killed for inactivity.
    - Day 3: GP later claims that voting Naku would be pointless, since he might get purged as well. Yes, it's suspicious, but he wasn't the only person who did that.
    - Day 3: Mala posts her scum tier list, with GP being second to last, without any reasoning. None at all. If you're actually reading this, correct me on Ass's name. He's even above Doof, who we unanimously agreed must be town because Mala defended him.
    - Day 13: GP claims that Ass's defense sucked, and wants to keep his vote there. Again, hardly pushing for anything.

Meanwhile, on CB's end
    - Day 3: CB lists Doof, Naku, Ass, and GP as potential scum. CB claims that the former three are coasters, and doesn't have any reasoning for GP. It's kinda just tacked on. More fuel for power player GP's wifom plays, if you're still into that theory. He then town reads Mala and Pecilia, and says that he's keen on lynching any of the mates on his list.
    - CB pops in at the end of the phase, claims that Ass's defense wasn't shit, and votes for doof instead. Claims that voting for Naku would be pointless, as he might be purged for activity. Damn hypocrites.

Mars

Lowlight
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Aug 19, 2021
    Long story short, the case on GP isn't very strong. He's got a lot going for him compared to CB, so I'm fine with lynching him. Could still be wrong, but that's where the evidence points.

[Vote] Charlie Brown
    You never showed us those pics either, mate

Back