• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magic: The Gathering

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
"artifacts!- Yah my personle fav, you can use any color of mana to bring these out! plus most if you want an awsome card that is probably the base card to the wake deck (the deck that won the world championship!) get the card Mirari wich is in the scourge deck I think (might be wrong i got a headache lol) it lets you copy a spell and put the copy on the top of your deck get a Moments peace from the same deck as Mirari is in and that card makes it so your opponenet cant attack you his next turn then pay three use Mirari and copy it and put it ontop of your deck (behold invincability XD unless they destroy Mirari just make sure you got a whole lot of copies of A Moments Peace)
anyway I hoped I help some people (and again srrt bout spelling XD)"

Ummmmm.....it doesn't work like that. Moment's Peace would go on the stack as beign played and you put a copy of it on the stack itself. So it plays 2 moment's peace at the same time, meaning you prevent all combat damage this turn twice. So...no copies needed.

Oh yeah, the types:

Green: Instinct/order, basis of mana accel, tends to be fast

White: Order/Intellect, basis of plain life gain, prevention, protection, tends to be slow

Blue: Intellect/Supremacy, basis for card drawing, tends to be slow, my fav. colour.

Black: Supremacy/Chaos, basis for paying life for anything, tends to be slow

Red: Chaos/Instinct, basis for burn, tends to be VERY fast

Artifacts: crappy/mediocore in everything, because any colour can use them

Mirari indeed is in Oddyssey

oh btw, reanimation is red/black or white/black.

Affinity is 2-4 colours

Goblin bidding is red/black

Slide is red/white or red/white/green

Oh yeah, my cleric Bidding deck is white/black (which is what you suggested, ChaosTheory! We do think alike at times. :P)

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Yes, I run with 4 doubtless ones. And for that matter 4 rotlung reanimators. Key card in the deck would probably be Visera, tho I think I might need an Avatar of Woe in there just for more removal (instead of using smothers...)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
i got a question:
supposibly there was this creature called Infernus(or sumthin) and only one was made in the world...is this true?
they Supposibly based the 2-headed dragon off it and it had an ability like double-strike...supposibly...
Can anyone tell me if this is true cause my friend told me it was brought to this place and buried...

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
There is a dragon card that there is only 1 copy of. I cannot remember it off the top of my head, but this card cannot be used (it dies immediately after it hits the table because of its wording). With this in mind, WotC destroyed all but one copy, which now resides somewhere in Japan I think.

But if I recall, this dragon was supposed to be a 7/7 and has some other abilities that i don't remember.

Strider

Not Pwnd
Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2006
Kenny_C.002 said:
There is a dragon card that there is only 1 copy of. I cannot remember it off the top of my head, but this card cannot be used (it dies immediately after it hits the table because of its wording). With this in mind, WotC destroyed all but one copy, which now resides somewhere in Japan I think.

But if I recall, this dragon was supposed to be a 7/7 and has some other abilities that i don't remember.

I never knew that. If it's true it's value would be higher than Black Lotus, wouldn't it?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Acutally, there would be no value for it, since the card is in a museum and is not dealt to anything. If this, however, got out (like stealing or something), the pricing would rocket for ths thing...higher than the black lotus.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
WAY higher
they based two-headed dragon off it so...its pretty good

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
has neone here evr gotten into a couterspell battle?(each player counters the other player's counters after 1 spell)
and its a 1 turn kill so...its pretty powerful...just keep counters in ur deck

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Actually, the "only 1" dragon CAN survived. All you need is something that will increase its toughness by one (which it will become a 7+x/7+y, where x can be 0 or over and y must be 1 or more).

Anyway, any creature is vulnerable to instants and sorceries just as much as anything else without protection...so...doesn't matter. :P

As for the counter battles: yup. Took some time to sort things out once everything resolved (since cantips were around). Ever gotten into Astral Slide matches? :P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
nope...i think i have the card though...ever had a karona battle it usually gets crazy if a player has a 1-type deck...

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Trust me on the dragon. It's the wording that killed it. btw, Clockwork dragon is also a 7 counter guy, but isn't affected because of its wording.

And type 1 tends not to be welcomed here...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
How does the "can't be the target of spells or abilities work? someone said something about the creature losing flying, first strike, etc.

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
Basically, can't be target of spells or abilities is just what it means.

The permanent having "can't be target of spells or abilities" cannot be targetted by any outside source, including your own (saying it's your own creatures). What CAN hit the creature:

COMBAT damage (NOT SHOCKS)
Global effects (e.g. wrath of god or decree of pain cycled)
Global effects that cause damage (e.g. pyroclasm)
enchant permanents that are already on it (e.g. you gave the permanent "can't be target" after the enchant permanent is already there)
Abilities/spells that don't target (if it can do something to something else without targetting, like "destroy the creature with the highest power" or "it enchants the creature with the lowest mana cost" or something like that, like dragon scales when it's in the graveyard and not played from hand)
Abilities it has on himself (note that it CANNOT have the word "target" on it)

I think that's it. Basically in one sentence: anything that doesn't have the work "target" on it.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
geez how du u know so much bout magic? >:
oh well...do u have a sort of...trump card(s)? card u can rely on to get u out of a jam?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
No. I don't have a trump card. I just know stuff, that's all. btw, I'm good with protection now (as in explaining it lol). I learn DEBT! :P

oh and I know stuff from I guess experience in games similar to it, I guess.

And wrath of god tends to get me out of jams. lol

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
i tend to use akroma's vengence instead of WoG hardly anyone uses regeneration cards in my school so its really easy to use

EDIT: Oh and has WotC limited dragons to Max 10 per deck?...gotta verify this for my friend...

Back