• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magic: The Gathering

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
Years
  • No. Usually you'llbe fireball-turning before second sunrise goes online. So that's why I didn't include it. Tho it is a good idea if you have the room for it...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Can someone tell me why Skullclamp is so good??? and why it costs so much?...I got at least 2

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Skullclamp is basically super deep analysis. technically Skullclamp deeps for 1+mana cost of the 1 toughness creature. Obviously if you use guys like arcbound workers, you don't even lose that 1/1 body (it's just modulared). With its tremendous ability to generat such a card advantage, skullclamp wins it all.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    wow...that explains y the people at the tourney said its the best darksteel uncommon

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Yes. And it is arguably the best uncommon in type 2 right now (actually, it is). 100% of the tourney decks in high level either run Damping Matrix (the anti clamp) or skullclamp.

Note the ravager affinity also HURTS your opponent while killing those arcbound guys with disciple of the vault. So, it's like card-drawing + dealing damage. It's crazy. :P

Styles

Pokemon Champion
    Years
  • mtg rules.... although i havent played in over 7 years i like it... its kind of confusing now :confused: i should have kept all the magic cards i had

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Hey it's okay. I mean, you can start again. If it's really that difficult, I'm sure you can find a place where they still sell Ice Age packs (tho they'll be like 50 bucks per pack) and stuff like that. If not, hey welcome back for the ride a second time! This time it's type 2 (only the most current 2 blocks). :P

emeraldslay

Obsessed with Mew/writing
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Aug 3, 2008
    I am a loyal motg fan. I have a giant deck and I have won the 'championship' in my school. I am the one who introduced it to my school and since then kids have started buying the packs. We had a 'championship' and I was in the final. There were loads of people watching and I was against this really good player. He had a very simple deck but his stratagy was great. He started off with low-mana creatures while placing lots of lands down. Eventually he had all the lands he needed and bought out the strong creatures while I had been slowly chipping off his energey. He suppsoedly 'won' but with the help of the rulebook I proved that I would of won. He used an attack and I blocked it with a creature. But he insisted that since the attack did 3 damage and my creature had only 1 defense then two got through. But I only had two power. He ran off saying he was the champion. But, of course the rule he said that 'two damage got through' was fake and I proved this with the help of the rulebook that I bought to school. Plus, I had a fire axe in my hand that I could of used when I got through that move. After that everyone was not intrested in it. But now, my freind has got a deck and has challenge me.
    The champion of the school is back...

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    congrats...a friend of mine just made a crazy Decking deck(made to deck opponent out)
    it was crazy because his has this crazy combo
    Dragon Mage + Megrim + Words of Waste + a lot of mana = When Dragon Mage deals damage to an opponent, you win the game :P

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • I thought probably the most evil thing to have in a wrath-less world: 4 avatar of woe on the field...Scary. :P

O, isn't dragon mage a little...costly? I mean, a mirror costs 5, wake costs 5, etc. The mage kinda is little weak on the costing. I can see how the strat works very well, tho (esp. against slide).

Anybody found any 5th dawn infinite combos yet?

Years
  • i had a combo i made up but its good, (not too goood but it makes alot o creatures)
    Lifeline,
    Junkdiver, (have at least 2 in deck, 1 in hand 1 in play)
    Monkey Cage,
    Golbin welder
    (doesnt have 2 be in same turn that u get them out in the order) First you have golbin welder, and lifeline out, and a junkyard diver, then you play monkey cage. after you play monkey cage, you play junkyard diver... monkey cage is saced and you get some creatures... then you use golblin welder to switch junk diver w/ monkey cage (helps out more if you have an artifact in graveyard while monkey cage was...let say pyrexion colloses) junk yard diver and golbin welders ability combine to bring back 2 artifacts fro graveyard, then you bring back collosis in play, along w/ the monkey cage, (but monkey cage before collosis if you can), then monkey cage is sacrificed again to the graveyard b/c closisus came into play, and you get more creatures... if u have something that can untap the golblin welder, or you have another welder (or wait till next turn), then you can use its ability again to let say sacrifice colisus to bring back monkey cage, then if u have a 3rd or another creature to untap, (or u just wait till next turn), then you sacrifice junk (w/ wleders aility) diver to bring back collosis, and you get more creatures from monkey cage when its sacrificed...
    ANOTHER WAY: lets say you have a creaure for ex: pyrexian collosus alrdy in graveyard,and lifeline & monkey cage is out, lifeline will at end of turn bring collosues to play, which sacrifices monkey cage and bring you your collosues, with a bunch of creatures that you get from the monkey cage... if this is confusing read each card... (excpet pyrexian collosis, its jsut an 8/8 that costs 8 that i would only use to sacrifice and summon more creatures form this monkey cage/welde/r diver combo)

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    No...but i have one for Mirrodin
    Atog + Myr Retriever + Welding Jar + Diciple of Vault = infinite damage(x2 if opponent has no creatures on the field) not to mention its a pretty easy one to get XD

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Actually, the weilding jar ability does not trigger due to you sacrificing the retriever to the Atog. You CANNOT regenerate sacrificed creatures (see rulebook). Thus this cannot happen, sorry. Well technically you can still sac the weilding jar to the retriever, but it just won't do anything. btw, regeneration is a replacement effect, thus the retriever, if regenerated, does not hit graveyard from play.

Kirby, you can use retriever instead of junkdiver (costs 1 less and uncommon). The combo I'm not sure I understood tho. lol

Anyway, killing spree:
    Door to Nothingness, Doubling Cube, Twiddle, 11 mana = target opponent loses.

So have 11 mana, activate doubling cube to get 16 mana. Pay 5 (of any mana) for Door to Nothingness. Cast twiddle (1 blue) to untap it. Tap 10 (2 of each colour), sac Door to nothingness: target player loses the game. Simple 11 mana with 6 mana specifications. Should have no problem with channel the suns + 1 blue mana anyway. Anyone up for UG with this? btw, if you do use channel the suns, you need 10 mana, with mana specifications of 1 green mana and 1 blue mana (easier).

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • lol That might work very well, not telling your friends. And I absolutely love to torment my friends with rulebook stuff, too. :P

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    one problem...u have to tap door to nothingness as well...or do artifacts not follow the law on summoning sickness?

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Only creatures have summon sickness. This is due to the fact that creatures must exit from the Aether, which saps their energy. Creatures with haste tend to be either quicker through the Aether, thus losing less energy, hae have some sort of energy boost after exiting the Aether. Lightning Greaves, flavour-wise, makes it so creatures require less energy to move and such, thus summon sickness is then negated.

Artifacts, however, are inanimate, so there is no fear of it being sick from being summoned through the Aether.

^ was flavour of summon sickness.

So no, they don't follow that rule the last time I checked. lol

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    BTW how does sundering titan's ability work? too vague in my head

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • when it comes into play, pick 1 of each basic land on the field (if any, but you must pick all valid targets until it fills as much as it can) and destroy them. So destroy up to 5 lands, but it will most likely blow up some of your land too.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    ok at first i was confused about 1 of the basic land types(choose 1 type of land and destroy them) thx

Back