• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Make a different starter type triangle

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Imagine we get a region where the starters are not the usual. In this thread, you are to make a different starter type triangle, but it has to fit these requirements: they have to have similar relation to the fire/water/grass triangle (where one is weak to the other and one is strong against the other and vice versa) immunity can work too, as long as it still works with the "triangle" thing I mentioned.

Here's the one I'm going with: Rock/Fighting/Flying

Rock is super effective against flying, Fighting is super effective against Rock and Flying is super effective against Fighting, so it works, in my opinion as a replacement starter type triangle.

There's a few other type triangles besides this that could work, so have fun.

Years
    Steel, Ground, Ice. Has potential for an interesting starting trio imo.

Steel is strong against Ice and weak against Ground.
    Ground is strong against Steel and weak against Ice.
    Ice is strong against Ground and weak against steel.

Years
    • Seen today
    Ground, Grass, Poison is a "perfect" starter triangle I would like to see, but Grass is one of the regular starter types already.

Another would be Fire, Steel, Rock, but a Steel type starter would be super broken for the early game.

Something a bit more tricky would be:

Bug-Ground, Electric-Dark, Flying-Ghost. So:

Bug-Ground beats Electric-Dark on both sides and is immune to Electric (but neutral to Dark).
    Electric-Dark beats Flying-Ghost on both sides and resists both stabs.
    Flying-Ghost beats Bug-Ground with Flying, while taking 1/4 damage from Bug and no damage from Ground.

Bug-Ground starter would be dual type from the very beginning, while the Electric starter would acquire Dark on first evo and the Flying starter become Ghost on its final stage.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2023
    Psychic, Fighting and Dark are fairly balanced in terms of weaknesses and would be challenging right off the bat given that early routes have flying and bug types.

Back