• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Making wild Pok?mon appear indoors

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    Making wild Pokémon appear indoors

Hi everyone,
    In the game I am making, part of the story requires you to go into an abandoned light house, which is now inhabitied by wild Pokémon. The problem is that I do not know how to program the game to allow random battles using the "inside" tilesets. Basically, I want to have battles randomly start as I'm walking through the building. Thanks in advance! :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Hi everyone,
    In the game I am making, part of the story requires you to go into an abandoned light house, which is now inhabitied by wild Pokémon. The problem is that I do not know how to program the game to allow random battles using the "inside" tilesets. Basically, I want to have battles randomly start as I'm walking through the building. Thanks in advance! :)

Are you having trouble setting what pokemon appear or getting the tiles to spawn the pokemon you set?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    Getting the tiles. The only ways I know of to have a random battle start are in grass, water, or caves.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    Sorry, I'm still pretty new at this. How would I go about doing so? Do I just added the necessary tiles to the cave tileset?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2015
    Thank you Applesauce262! This is exactly what I was trying to do! It's so close to being perfect. The last thing I need to do with this is to remove the grass rustle animation when walking around. But I only want this to happen inside the buildings, not while actually walking on grass.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Thank you Applesauce262! This is exactly what I was trying to do! It's so close to being perfect. The last thing I need to do with this is to remove the grass rustle animation when walking around. But I only want this to happen inside the buildings, not while actually walking on grass.

I think you can remove the bush flag in the database. Not sure if that is what is causing the grass rustle animation or not. Still kind of new myself.

Sir_Tman

Overworked game Dev
    Years
    If your run the game through rpgmaker. Go into your menu and move down to debug and scroll through the list to find "SET ENCOUNTORS" pick your map and make the encountor type a cave. then you don't need to have grass tiles.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Please don't listen to Applesauce. He's confusing you.

As others have said, use cave encounters. It's incredibly simple and exactly what you want, and it won't mess up anything else.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    Please don't listen to Applesauce. He's confusing you.

As others have said, use cave encounters. It's incredibly simple and exactly what you want, and it won't mess up anything else.

Isn't the bush flag what causes the grass rustle animation though?

EDIT: Never mind I see what you are saying, sorry about that.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    The grass rustling animation is caused by stepping on a tile with terrain tag 1 (Grass). Another effect of terrain tag 1 is that, when you step on it, you may trigger a wild encounter.

The bush flag makes your feet disappear.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2023
    The grass rustling animation is caused by stepping on a tile with terrain tag 1 (Grass). Another effect of terrain tag 1 is that, when you step on it, you may trigger a wild encounter.

The bush flag makes your feet disappear.

Oh ok, sorry, haven't messed around much with wild battles yet, I was just going off of what I know.

Nickalooose

--------------------
    Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I gave you the answer over 24 hours ago... Clearly you didn't even try it... Sometimes I think to myself, why do I bother?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2017
    I gave you the answer over 24 hours ago... Clearly you didn't even try it... Sometimes I think to myself, why do I bother?!

You should always try to help, Nicklooose! If you see a question you can answer, answer it :) . You've helped so many people with their problems.

Back