• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Man claims he will burn Koran in lieu of 9/11

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
    he said not now not ever on the Today Show 3 min ago Crisis averted
    Now the Muslims and Christian can......Oh! they still hate each other alright then .

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Thank god, that man cancelled the event. Had something like that happened, people would have gone on a rampage! In India, christians like me being a minority would have been easily targeted by anti-social radical groups. Who knows what would have become of the US Embassy here at New Delhi..... xD

Years
    Did mock me. Please, at least not now. Or make fun of me.

I'm well aware of what he said, I'm not celebrating yet.

I'm just saying, we're supposed to be the country that doesn't tolerate discrimination OF ANY KIND.

Zet

Years
    Did mock me. Please, at least not now. Or make fun of me.

I'm well aware of what he said, I'm not celebrating yet.

I'm just saying, we're supposed to be the country that doesn't tolerate discrimination OF ANY KIND.

Yeah that hasn't been working out so well since America's white English ancestor's arrived to the "new world".

Though I hate seeing this kind of religious discrimination, it's kinda proving how stupid people can really be.

Also I don't like how the American media keeps spelling the Qur'an as Koran, it's not that hard to do a '

Piplup-Trainer

This is my custom user title.
    Years
    Everybody has a religion in which he believes. I don`t see a reason to "kill" or "attack" the other religions. It`s like starting a war.

And if a organisation attacks first (I won`t say "side", because not all muslims are terrorists) then people shouldn`t continue war, they should try to find a solution to live in harmony with eachother (even if it`s hard because someone of your family/friends was killed).

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
    Years
    (I had a feeling this would be on PC)
    Its funny that one nut in florida sturs up so much trouble, yet they have a whole group of nuts. (who do more that just threaten)

Years
    Actually it will be interpreted as this guy hates Islam, or even worse, doesn't respect it.

I'm starting to get tired of these idiots running the world. What ever happened to the smart intelligent people who knew if they did this they would have a bullet through they're head? I mean seriously, is this guy even thinking about what might happen to him, let alone America.

And the law should really tell this guy to stop. If the president is anywhere near smart or has some insight, then he'll know that A) Muslims, particularly those in Islamic countries will not tolerate this, and B) this could end badly for a lot of people. But since he hasn't shown any movement yet, then I'll say that once again that our president is either a weakling, so much so that he can't control his own people(well, I can't really blame him, the guy barely has any power.) through his words. In other words, President Obama has lost my respect. And the US government as well, because they can barely control the US anymore. Why do you think drugs and alcohol are being used to the point of addiction? Because the US government isn't holding the reins of power long enough.

A long time ago I would disagree with myself, but now I know that America can't be like this forever, because it will die if it hasn't already done so.

The US government never really has had much control of its citizens. Those things you mentioned are tied into individual responsibility (or lack thereof), which is something the US has always had as a core cultural value.

Actually, now that I think about it, the US government has considerably more power and influence now than at any time in its history, save for wars like World War II and World War I. Much of the order in the past was based on pressure to conform to societal norms at the time.

And many Americans have an unfounded hate for Obama, which is why his messages aren't very effective, and a lot of this unfounded hatred is tied into a racism many Americans thought they had left behind in the past.

Also, the law is worded such that it could not stop him, no matter how grotesquely insensitive it was. The United States, is structured to be a totally secular country of laws (even if that's not how the founding fathers may have originally intended it to be, since essentially everyone in the country at the time practiced some form of Christianity).

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    I'm going to post again, just for kicks.

1. The Muslims don't like being called violent extremists. How do they react?

Apparently, they react by rioting. ...I'm not even gonna...

2. The English Koran is not the Koran.

3. Why is the world turning because of some backwoods Florida hick (No offense to everyone in Gainesville...)?

4. Everyone (Americans included!) is screaming about how outrageous and horrible this act is. Terrorists (Who happen to be from the Middle Eastern region, no other assumptions are being made) crash two planes into the WTC. What's the reaction of Middle Eastern leaders?

*Averts eyes* "Oh. How... sad. We're not like them. We swear. We're not all like that. Don't blame us. If you do, you're... stooping to their level..." *Gigglesnort*

...this doesn't anger me as much as 9/11 does. What has our society turned into?

"MAN CALLS HITLER A JERK. ENTIRE WORLD IS OUTRAGED BECAUSE HE IS MEAN."

Chrono

\:D/
    Years
    Well I'm Muslim and I believe what that guy was trying to do was very offending. (I saw it on the news a few days ago, but I didn't post here.) People should not discriminate on the beliefs of anyone, most people are agnostic nowadays, but I do respect other religions. Even though I'm not Christian or Jewish I would still find it offending if it wasn't the Qu'ran, but the Bible or the Torah. So I think if people don't believe in religion, they should have some decency to respect another religion. I like most of the comments here. People are awesome on PokeCommunity. <3

Soari

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Aug 26, 2015
    Well to be quite honest, I'm going with what Erik said. Americans can't be blamed. This is also not a issue on the federal level, at least as far as I know, so the U.S Government may not feel the need to be involved. Also, just something to throw out there, if you burn the U.S flag, that is a federal crime and the government gets pissed over that. That is what they see as a "Heinous crime".

And what freedom of speech do we actually have? If you go to America and live there for a few years, you really start to question what freedom of speech you actually have, because there are so many rules and regulations to follow in this country that freedom of speech is no more than a fancy phrase or term thats just in the constitution to say that we can say whatever we want so long as the U.S government is okay with it. Which a large majority of the time, they want things their way, soo...

Okay. I'm really trying not to sound as rude, but more realistic:

What are other countries gonna do about us? Nothing. They can just sit there and just get pissed and probably mad that some old man in an American state burned the Qu'ran because he didnt like the religion. There's honestly no "blacklash" or "repercussions" America is gonna have because no country has the guts to do anything about us, really. ._.; That and America as a whole has nothing to do with it.

Basically, I think it's like this(someone KINDLY show me if I'm wrong on this matter): If you don't do anything that involves the U.S Government, then they won't get involved in it.

-facepalm- I am certainly not blaming Americans. I am just pointing towards the US government.

So you mean that inciting racial and religious hatred is not an offense in the US due to their so called 'freedom of speech' constitutional clause? That's balmy. .__.; Doesn't the government know that the burning of Quran will bring nothing more than hatred and hardship to the citizens of America? Well, burning a US flag is actually a completely different thing from burning a Quran. I know each country has its own laws of course, but here it is illegal and is prosecuted as a hate crime. Muslims are by their very nature religious people and we have a strong faith towards Allah and his book. You could say that it's a mini-equivalent of the Holocaust to burn the Quran or any other religious book, whereas the flag doesn't really mean anything to me because I am not patriotic, though I do have respect for other flags.

Why burning of a Quran should be treated different from burning a US flag? D: Doesn't Jones care about how the Muslims and the Americans will be affected by this? At least He needs to respect the Muslims living in the America.

What about the other Christian leaders? They can counsel and pressurize this minister to change his plans because it's not at all free speech. Its intended to provoke the Muslims and other non-Muslims too who don't want this to happen. Yes, I do agree that it's something we can't do to stop other than tolerate it and get pissed off. Let's put it this way on the Day of Judgment. They will surely take their place in hell fire along with those enjoying this attack on the Quran.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    This was on the news. Some Islamic leaders came over to visit. Don't know what did it, but the guy realized he was in deep trouble and used "special" too much while introducing them to the congregation. It was sorta funny to watch him squirm.
    I'm probably a bad person for saying that. /is Christian

Back