• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Manly Tears - Most Depressing Moments in Anime

Mewtwo152

nomnomnomnonmnom
    Years
    I... have actually never actually cried, but inwardly, I was incredibly depressed by Grave of the Fireflies, and quite a few FMA episodes, like the chimera one. I also felt pretty bad for Sasuke in Naruto Shippuden when
    Spoiler:

Also when I was younger and watching DBZ for the first time, and didn't ever see a death depicted in 'cartoons' as I called it then
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Kitsune Genetica

Tea and crumpets!
    Years
    I know I'm gonna get caned for this.

Spoiler:

Oh, and-

Spoiler:

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
    I'm not sure if I've cried watching anime, but I know of several instances where, if I didn't, I was close to. XD

From One Piece:
    Spoiler:

From Fullmetal Alchemist:
    Spoiler:

From Heartcatch PreCure:
    Spoiler:

And From Angel Beats:
    Spoiler:

All but the FMA one were depressing to a point, but from looking at them as a whole, they would result in happy tears. xD

Last edited:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    Six words, not counting these:

"Chiaki. And Now I Must Go."

...yeah. Not horribly depressing, but definitely a tearjerker moment.

If you know what I'm talking about, yeah... I won't spoil it for the rest, though.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
    Years
    1. Code Geass - Long time since I watched the anime so I don't think I remember the names, but the death which made me flood my keyboard was when
    Spoiler:

2. Zero No Tsukaima - Last episode in season 2...beautiful way to die...I was really sobbing, with 2 boxes worth of tissue paper on my desk...the whole emotion and mood was ruined by the ending though... Dx

3. Ginban Kaleidoscope - The final episode...*sob*

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
    Marathoning Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 atm and it's given me a couple of "ohcan'thumanitybegoodifittries" tears.

And of course it can't be perfect can it. The ending also made me tear up. Beautiful anime.

Last edited:

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Bleach: Memories of Nobody
    Spoiler:

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Code Geass
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Naruto
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

FullMetal Alchemist
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Garouga! Bare Your Fangs!

Throw your fangs up!
    Years
    Naruto:
    Spoiler:

Bleach:
    Spoiler:

Neon Genesis Evangelion:
    Spoiler:

Non-Anime

Kamen Rider Dragon Knight:
    Spoiler:

Kamen Rider Kabuto
    Spoiler:

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
    Spoiler:

icomeanon6

It's "I Come Anon"
    Years
    Come on, people, there's no contest here. Anyone who's mentioning Bleach or Naruto or anything that's remotely related to Shonen Jump needs to see sadder material. And so, I now invoke the saddest movie ever made: Grave of the Fireflies.

The only competition is which part of that movie is the saddest. I would say it's this one:
    Spoiler:

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
    1. Code Geass - Long time since I watched the anime so I don't think I remember the names, but the death which made me flood my keyboard was when
    Spoiler:
    Yeah, that... Was the only part of the series that actually caused tears.

The first death was ruined by the fact that I was laughing hysterically during the massacre.

The third and final was... Just awesome.

However, Bartley's death was more of a Big No moment, because... He deserved more time, man!

...oh, and I didn't cry during Grave of the Fireflies. Began choking up at the end, and I even tried to force tears, but...

Nothing doing. I've seen Band of Brothers. Sorry, Japan. Thanks for playing.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ugh, I rarely during any anime that I watch, but at the same anime is one of the only things that manages to make me cry. There are so few moments out of all that I've seen, that I can probably fit them all in a list shorter than 6 numbers long. xD; /starts

1. Bleach
    Spoiler:

2. Code Geass
    Spoiler:

3. Fushigi Yuugi
    Spoiler:

4. Scryed
    Spoiler:

5. Angel Beats
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    True Tears
    Spoiler:

5 cmps
    Spoiler:

Angel Beats!
    Spoiler:

Clannad
    Spoiler:

Clannad After Story
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2010
    The only recent one I can remember crying over is Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann!
    ;__;

Back