• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    It is two maps put together. The city and a park with three 'objectives.' What tile errors are you referring to? I made the map, so I probably can't even see them. I didn't want required grass in the first area so I could keep the paths in tact, but I will probably change it now.

As I said, I'm not an artist, so how can I get better?
    Thanks for your feedback.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Kinsbaile Town.

If you play MTG...

Shh!

Yes, I was trying for the symmetry.

Years
    I tried to improve my map too, though it was pretty tough to improve it without actually knowing what needs to be fixed.
    I put grass in the players way, which was the only constructive criticism I actually got.

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
    Map Name: Palmcoast Lagoon
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Credits: kyledove, Wesley FG, zein
    Comments: I thought I'd try my hand at water route mapping, since I've heard it's difficult to make them interesting to play.

Spoiler:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Map Name: Palmcoast Lagoon
    ROM: Fire Red BPRE
    Credits: kyledove, Wesley FG, zein
    Comments: I thought I'd try my hand at water route mapping, since I've heard it's difficult to make them interesting to play.

Spoiler:

It looks great but what I'm really interested in is how you managed to create this block:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It seems to me that you would need either three layers or an entire palette dedicated to only that block.

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
    It looks great but what I'm really interested in is how you managed to create this block:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It seems to me that you would need either three layers or an entire palette dedicated to only that block.
    It has an entire palette for that block. I couldn't find a way around it and I'm only making this map for fun/practice, so it won't be in game.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    That's a great map, but I don't get it. Is the west side going to be filled with Trainers or what?
    Also I disagree with the width of the map. It could be 2 tiles less wide, to save space.
    That is why I am giving you a 8.5/10.
    Oh, I forgot. You don't have a Pokemon the first time you go through this map.

Repost!

Viridian Meadows.

You don't have a Pokemon when you first go into this route, thus the path.
    Spoiler:

Hohoo

SOMG!1
    Years
    Rom: Gold and HMM, I WONDER (FireRed)
    Map name: Loosestrife City
    Hack name: Gold: Pineapple, FireRed: none (yet?)
    Comments: Here are two versions of a port city in Pineapple. The FireRed version is the same city but after a few years in the future. It's also my first Gen III map.

Hohoo

SOMG!1
    Years
    Ah, I see.

Uh, just want to point out that you can use one of the Sevii Island tilesets and get an actual port thing.
    The port is like in GSC, so there is a short tunnel before the actual port area.

And besides, I already have the normal and Cerulean tilesets in use so I don't really know how I could add a Sevii tileset.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back