• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
    I got skiped, so here is a repost.
    Cool, another warm-weather region hack.
    A few questions:
    - Are there berries next to the Pokemart?
    - Is this the Starting town?
    - Why is the Pokemart so small-looking?
    Now, to the rating:
    - Those rock surface tiles look a bit out of place. -
    - Levelled. +
    - The paths are too.. zigzag-like? Try using longer lines of paths but not too much. -
    - Very detailed. ++

Well, that's it, then. It is, after all a great map, so I am giving you an 8/10. Fix those things I told you and then tell me which map do you like better. K?

Makorin

Ex-ROM Hacker
    Years
    Map Name: Omonaro City
    Map Game: Fire Red (U) [BPRE]
    Comments: A map I made out of boredom truly... I figured that I had spent enough time away from Rom Hacking and should get back into it.
    Map Shot:

Spoiler:

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
    Map Name: Snowfall City
    Hack Name: Pokémon Auburn
    Credits: kymotonian, Alucus, Alistair, zein, Wesley_FG, Xiros
    Comments: These are the snow tiles for Auburn, but they won't be seen in gameplay for a long time. Also, a lot of these tiles are heavily edited to fit the snow theme by me, so please do not steal the edited ones at least. The buildings have no snow on them because they have roof heaters? (My way of covering up my terrible spriting ability and being unable to sprite snow on them. XD)

Map:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
    Years
    Map Name: Snowfall City
    Hack Name: Pokémon Auburn
    Comments: These are the snow tiles for Auburn, but they won't be seen in gameplay for a long time. Also, a lot of these tiles are heavily edited to fit the snow theme by me, so please do not steal the edited ones at least. The buildings have no snow on them because they have roof heaters? (My way of covering up my terrible spriting ability and being unable to sprite snow on them. XD)

Map:
    Spoiler:

Have you actually inserted these tiles? If so, amazing is all I can say.
    The graphics are beautiful and the map is very simple and sofisticated.

10/10

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Map Name: Pallet Town
    Hack Name: Pokemon: Sea of Dreams
    Base Rom: Ruby [AXVE]
    Credits: Alucus, Kyledove, Saurav, Zel!x, Zeikku
    And now the feature presentation

-CAUTION- Massive Map size!
    Spoiler:

.Tactic.

x.Paranoid's BackAlley.x
    Years
    Third time i have had to post this! Please, I neeeeedddd responses!
    Map Name:
    SavageGuard - Shade Forest
    Rom:
    Fire Red
    Hack:
    Galactic Platinum
    Map:
    Spoiler:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Making maps too large is never a good idea. I'm sorry but it's too big.

The size of a map has nothing to do with the quality of the map :\

Spoiler:

I suppose I'll post a few suggestions on how to improve this:
    • There's a whole slew of tile errors in the section north of Oak's lab with the path
    • I don't really like the way that the stone path transitions into the dirt path. It's better than having them actually "fused" together but I prefer to leave, at the bare minimum, one tile between different paths
    • Speaking of transitions, the change from the beach edge tile directly into the "ledge-edge" tile, if I may, doesn't look very good
    • The grassy area between the dirt path and the beach is seriously lacking some flowers/vegetation. Other areas (such as both north and south of Oak's lab and alongside the path exiting to the northeast) are very dense and so that particular grassy patch stands out
    • Though it's not visible in-game, there's a blatant error with the trees along the eastern edge. You can't miss it. :P
    • The water rocks outside the port (or whatever that big, red thing is) are very symmetrically, so much so that it makes me think it's intentional. Regardless, it doesn't look very good
    • The water rocks to the left of the beach are placed very well but I can't say the same for their counterparts on the eastern side (i.e., too many in straight lines)
    However, my biggest problem with this map is the waterfall. I've been staring at it for a solid ten minutes now, trying to comprehend exactly just how the water falls two levels and yet it ends up only one level lower. After a good amount of trancelike staring, I finally figured out that it actually does make sense but it just looks weird because there's a tile error. Get rid of the middle section and move the top section down one tile and it should be fine, though it still may collect a few double-takes from players.

~Trebuh~

Jiggles, The legendary fairy
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    REPOST
    I only got some few comments
    Credits: Kyledove,C.N.C, Alucus of Borg, Saurav,
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    REPOST
    I only got some few commentes
    Credits: Kyledove,C.N.C, Alucus of Borg, Saurav, Deviation
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    I love the tiles, cant wait for your rombase^^
    the shape is really nice as well, i like the hole in the middle of the town, you designed the mountains there really good
    actually since i didnt rate a map for a long time im not gonna drop a rating, just saying that i like the map and ill let other people rate it instead^^ (me=lazy)

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Spoiler:

Comments: Thought i should post something from my hack. It's just something i quick i made in 30 minutes.
    Hack: Darkstars Nirvana: The Mystery Of The Depths [No, it's not dead]
    Credits:
    Novus - path
    Zel!x - DP trees/palettes
    Myself - small trees [i based them on the HGSS ones i ripped], grass palettes [Attention: NO, it's not LP's pallettes edited.], ground tiles/palettes, HGSS rocks
    I-don't-know-who - House

Ray's copyright

Last edited:

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years

Spoiler:
    This map pretty much hits Pallet Town on the spot. It looks just like how the anime Pallet Town should look. What irks me, however, is the straightness of the paths. Also, avoid placing different style paths right next to each other. I saw a few tile errors just skimming over the map as well.

8/10

Third time i have had to post this! Please, I neeeeedddd responses!
    Map Name: SavageGuard - Shade Forest
    Rom: Fire Red
    Hack:Galactic Platinum

Map:
    Spoiler:
    This map is extremely boring looking. There is no vegetation or flowers what so ever. And even paths are scarce at best. You need to add a little more substance to your map here. You need to go a little farther than just placing trees and grass.

3/10

Spoiler:

Comments: Thought i should post something from my hack. It's just something i quick i made in 30 minutes.
    Hack: Darkstars Nirvana: The Mystery Of The Depths [No, it's not dead]
    Credits:
    Novus - path
    Zel!x - DP trees/palettes
    Myself - small trees [i based them on the HGSS ones i ripped], grass palettes [Attention: NO, it's not LP's pallettes edited.], ground tiles/palettes, HGSS rocks
    I-don't-know-who - House

Ray's copyright
    I'm not too fond of this map. It's not as if it isn't mapped well, it just seems a bit plain. I think the palette of the small tree could be darkened a bit to match the large tree. It's a small and simple map. There really isn't much else to say.

6/10

Here's another map from me now.

Map Name: Snowfall Pass

Map:
    Spoiler:

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022

Map:
    Spoiler:

I still am at bewilderment of those tiles you inserted as they look... they look professionally inserted etc.(I know that is not in the rating but everything about this is so sleek) Everything about this map is clean, and none the less "fresh". I don't have the brain capacity to think of a way to improve it. I would give this a 10/10.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
    This map pretty much hits Pallet Town on the spot. It looks just like how the anime Pallet Town should look. What irks me, however, is the straightness of the paths. Also, avoid placing different style paths right next to each other. I saw a few tile errors just skimming over the map as well.

8/10

This map is extremely boring looking. There is no vegetation or flowers what so ever. And even paths are scarce at best. You need to add a little more substance to your map here. You need to go a little farther than just placing trees and grass.

3/10

I'm not too fond of this map. It's not as if it isn't mapped well, it just seems a bit plain. I think the palette of the small tree could be darkened a bit to match the large tree. It's a small and simple map. There really isn't much else to say.

6/10

Map:
    Spoiler:

→goon my friend, that is an amazing map. I would rate it, but it's too good for a rating. One thing, the tall grass tile is a little bright, maybe darken it a little. :>

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024

6/10

You're not supposed to rate the palettes of the small tree.
    Anyway, thanks for the rating, but you didn't really say what you didn't like on my map or what i should add to make it better.

Map:
    Spoiler:

The tree/grass placement is symetrical. But the way this maps goes, it makes it very good and professional, and it shows your talent in mapping - no point in denying it. I would give this map a 8/10, only because i don't normal mapping style as much as natural. Also, this is playable, and i bet someone would enjoy playing such map.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
    Years
    Hey there! So...I recently started Colossal again, and I posted this:
    Spoiler:

Name: Pinapink Town
    Hack: Colossal Version
    Hack of: Fire Red
    Comments: PLEASE READ: 1st real town in Colossal;You come from the top side of the map; The rightmost pink house is a "newly made" Pokemon Breeding House, so this explains the fences.The fences have to be by the pond, becouse rare pokemon are found here.

Credits: Kyledove, Pokemon-Diamond, Alucus.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Hey there! So...I recently started Colossal again, and I posted this:
    Spoiler:

Name: Pinapink Town
    Hack: Colossal Version
    Comments: PLEASE READ: 1st real town in Colossal;You come from the top side of the map; The rightmost pink house is a "newly made" Pokemon Breeding House, so this explains the fences.The fences have to be by the pond, becouse rare pokemon are found here.
    Credits: Kyledove, Pokemon-Diamond, Alucus.

This is awesome mate. I'd say it's one of my top favourite maps. ;D
    I love the tiles, they give the map a natural breeze. <3 But that's another story.
    I see it's totally playable.
    Rating: 9/10

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
    Years
    Map Name: Aureo Hamlet
    Hack: Pokemon Vanguard
    Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Looking for a more laid back project, I've decided to put Aether on hold as it takes up too much of my time for too little progress. This is a small litlle Hamlet nestled to the larger tribal village of Lake Aureon. Your player extended relatives lives here as you go for a little time away from the city.

Credits: TB Pro for his arrangement of tiles in his project mustang, Kytomonian for the water, Newtituef for the houses, and the other various artists that I do not know there names >_<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back