• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    This is my remake of Viridian Forest for my hack Pokemon: Bright Gold
    I did this because i know a lot of people weren't happy about it being scrapped
    the shrine is there so that after a certain event in the game Mew can be captured here :)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    This is my remake of Viridian Forest for my hack Pokemon: Bright Gold
    I did this because i know a lot of people weren't happy about it being scrapped
    the shrine is there so that after a certain event in the game Mew can be captured here :)

COMMENT: It would be better if you made it maze-like, though, and with grass... :\
    RATINGS: 7/10
    REASON
    : Well, it's nice, and I agree that I dislike Viridian Forest in gold/silver. also, it's a cool-looking map. :)
    SUGGESTION: erm, yeah, since Mew can be caught there, making it maze-like would be better, plus the grass... :\

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years

COMMENT: It would be better if you made it maze-like, though, and with grass... :\
    REASON
    : Well, it's nice, and I agree that I dislike Viridian Forest in gold/silver. also, it's a cool-looking map. :)
    SUGGESTION: erm, yeah, since Mew can be caught there, making it maze-like would be better, plus the grass... :\
    i was trying to make it as close as reasonably possible to the original
    i actually got my brothers FR / LG guide out to have a look at the map :P
    the reason i dont have grass in there is because i used the Ilex Forest tileset :P
    i could try making a maze, this would mean i'd be using headbutt trees as he main forest tree's though and might lose the Viridian Forest feel :S
    and you'll need to catch mew later on in the game, not as soon as you get to Kanto :)
    i'll use a flag or somethin to make sure nothing happens at the shrine when you go there too early :)

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Map Name: New Bark Town
    Map Game: Awakened Legend (Hack of Gold Version)
    Comments: This is the first town in my hack of Gold Version. The buildings are the same (Lab and other houses) except one house has been taken away. Although this is the first town, you will NOT be able to walk into the grass until you have received your Pokemon. I tried to go for the destroyed and ruined look, so give me some tips on how to make it look more ruined.
    Here's the link:
    https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Melash59/HQC/FirstCity.jpg
    I don't know how to put the picture in...

BigSteve

Pokemon Bright Gold
    Years
    Map Name: New Bark Town
    Map Game: Awakened Legend (Hack of Gold Version)
    Comments: This is the first town in my hack of Gold Version. The buildings are the same (Lab and other houses) except one house has been taken away. Although this is the first town, you will NOT be able to walk into the grass until you have received your Pokemon. I tried to go for the destroyed and ruined look, so give me some tips on how to make it look more ruined.
    Here's the link:
    https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Melash59/HQC/FirstCity.jpg
    I don't know how to put the picture in...

hey, nice to see another gold hacker about :)
    maybe if you put a rock in the way of a building it would look like it was a bit mroe wrecked?
    and i dont like the grass considering its the first town, despite the fact you cant go into the grass anyway, might wanna change that :P

and change the connections, nothing worse than a made over hack thats got the same connections :P

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Thanks, but...um, I don't know how to change the connections. I'm using Mega/GoldMap, so could you tell me how...? Oh, and also, do you think I should add maybe another house and put rocks in front of the door or just next to it? Thanks.

Oh, I also remade New Bark Town with new buildings! Tell me if you like it better or worse!
    https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Melash59/HQC/FirstCity-1.jpg
    And can you please tell me how to insert the actual picture into my message...?

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Thanks, but...um, I don't know how to change the connections. I'm using Mega/GoldMap, so could you tell me how...? Oh, and also, do you think I should add maybe another house and put rocks in front of the door or just next to it? Thanks.

Oh, I also remade New Bark Town with new buildings! Tell me if you like it better or worse!
    https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Melash59/HQC/FirstCity-1.jpg
    And can you please tell me how to insert the actual picture into my message...?

write it like this:
    [img]https://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm92/Melash59/HQC/FirstCity-1.jpg[/img]

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    My turn once again^^

Map Name: Binggao City

Hack: Legend of Fenju (Coming Soon)
    Hack of: Firered

Comments: One of the biggest towns in Fenju
    That big, awesome, temple liek thing will play an important role in the game
    tiles (of the temple) were not made by me, but i forgot where i got em from, if anyone knows please tell me so i can give proper credit
    the small market at the top is not the mai nmarket of the town, that will be the bigger one in the cenetr that looks nearly like a pokecenter

Mapshot:
    in spoiler cause it so big
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    dshayabusa -> Ice Palettes
    Fanking Omega -> Ice Tiles (Most of them)

Last edited:

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    @Armando
    Rating: 8/10

Reason: Altogether, the map is good, but the ugly triangle houses are what I hate.

Suggestions: Please replace the tiles, and other that that, if the section in the topleft section is supposed to be a path of sometime, there is no accesibility.

@Friendsxix

Rating: 7.10

Reason: Face it. It's big and boring. What are you supposed to do above the house over there? Also, where is the really tall grass' bottom? That's right... there isn't any.

Suggestions: Well... I say you add grass bottoms and you make something to do above the house.

@ yaoimutt

Rating: 9.5/10

Reason: It looks very neat, but why are all those squares hanging everywhere? And all the flowers make my eyes hurt. And anyway, doesn't Pallet have a lab?

Suggestions: If the upper part with the tress all over is supposed to be a forest, It doesn't look like it. Use a different tile. Other than that, everything is great!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    My turn once again^^

Map Name: Binggao City

Hack: Legend of Fenju (Coming Soon)
    Hack of: Firered

Comments: One of the biggest towns in Fenju
    That big, awesome, temple liek thing will play an important role in the game
    tiles (of the temple) were not made by me, but i forgot where i got em from, if anyone knows please tell me so i can give proper credit
    the small market at the top is not the mai nmarket of the town, that will be the bigger one in the cenetr that looks nearly like a pokecenter

Mapshot:
    in spoiler cause it so big
    Spoiler:

Credits:
    dshayabusa -> Ice Palettes
    Fanking Omega -> Ice Tiles (Most of them)

Rating: 9/10
    Reason: The map is perfect, except for the gym...
    Fix it to the normal size it shows on the tile side of A-Map.
    Comments: N/A...

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    @ Melash...
    First City...
    REASON: It doesn't look more like a city to me, though... :\
    SUGGESTION: It looks more like a town, but if ya want it to be a city, add some more buildings and resize the map... :\ Also, those small mountains are quite disturbing... :\

@ Neti...
    Binggao City...
    COMMENT: It looks as if there are two mart buildings there, and how many gym buildings does that map have..? And again with the cold atmosphere. :D
    RATINGS: 9/10
    REASON: It's a pretty big map with a very well-arranged buildings and the snowy feel is really taking effect there. :)
    SUGGESTION: you could add a tree tile with no leaves though, since snow always has a leafless tree... :)

My turn, I guess... :\

MAP NAME: Rintah Woods
    MAP BASED ON: POKéMON Ruby U.S. Version
    COMMENT: Well, this is the basic outline of Rintah Woods. The flowers will be added later. :)
    MAP:
    Spoiler:

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    ^Well, it's not really a city it's a town actually! So you think I should take out those rocks...? I think they look good! Here's the map in case you maybe want to revise your rating!;)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Rating: 9/10
    Reason: The map is perfect, except for the gym...
    Fix it to the normal size it shows on the tile side of A-Map.
    Comments: N/A...

In this hack there will be no gyms, and the one i built has the normal size (top right). if you mean the small building which is built with the tiles of the gym, it will be a normal house probably. but using the same tiles for every house is boring.

@ Neti...
    Binggao City...
    COMMENT: It looks as if there are two mart buildings there, and how many gym buildings does that map have..? And again with the cold atmosphere. :D
    RATINGS: 9/10
    REASON: It's a pretty big map with a very well-arranged buildings and the snowy feel is really taking effect there. :)
    SUGGESTION: you could add a tree tile with no leaves though, since snow always has a leafless tree... :)

didnt you read the comments?^^ i said there is one main market and a smaller one, it will be something like a herb shop...
    and the thing with the gym buildings is explained above

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    ^pretty good, just make some borders around the little amount of water in the rocks...I give it a...9/10.
    I like the setup of your map and how everything is set up! Just make the path to it a little smaller!

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yeah you're pretty much right about that.
    Well I was having fun with a new rom base and this is basically a human made shrine to a patch of water in the middle of a hill with a rock in the middle. What no one know is that rock and water go down 300 feet!
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/[URL=...g365/1642/theshrinerockhs7.th.png[/IMG][/URL]Map Rating/Review Thread
    Map Rating/Review Thread

The tiles are very good, and you should know how to make good use of them.
    The map is pretty blank and empty. You should place the trees in an irregular way. The pattern of the grass doesn't look too good. You should make patches of grass rather than that.
    And you should really fix the error with the rock on top of the water. Just helping you to make your map better 8D. I'm not going to rate it though, I think you already know the score yourself.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ok look I re did it with a twist the stairs lead into the forest after an event and when you look at it it looks like a dead end. Really its a shrouded forest that celebi resides in. please tell me its good and The grass became wild but the trees and all kept that way over 1000 years although it has never been touched. Its kinda like the sacred grove for pokemon!
    [URL=https://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thegatewayintomysteryfovc1.jpg]Map Rating/Review Thread[/URL]

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2013
    Aurum Town (Aurum is latin for gold :))

Fire Red with super DP rom base

Map Rating/Review Thread

(THE TREE IS YELLOW FOR A REASON)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back