• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neti

Inactive
    Years
    Map Name: Route 5 (?)

Map Game:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    BPRE

Comments: This a route I have been working on for quite some time now. I thought I'd put it up here for some suggestions. This is my first time posting here so let me know of anything I need to change so I can break any bad habits now.
    EDIT: Oh and there's a trainer blocking the exit in the southwest corner between the two smaller trees.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    this is such a wonderful map!
    i really dont see anything you could have done better, the shape of the river is awesome, the mountains looks natural, the grass and trees are placed brilliant!
    that you even placed a shadow under the bridge is really nice, i would have forgotten to do that
    it looks a bit like a route of ruby, but your version is way better^^
    10/10
    if we would be in need of a mapper i would ask you whether you want to join RomReaverz :p
    im sure when applying with this map every hacking team will accept you if theyre in need of a mapper

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Colcostyles, everything about that map is absolutely wonderful.
    The shape of the trees, the shape of the mountain, everything. It's so big, but so good, that the minuscule tile errors don't change anything.
    I don't normally give something like this but...
    10/10

44Tim44...
    You can walk through the whole thing without touching any grass. At all.
    Other than that...hmm...
    7/10

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
    Years
    Colcostyles, everything about that map is absolutely wonderful.
    The shape of the trees, the shape of the mountain, everything. It's so big, but so good, that the minuscule tile errors don't change anything.
    I don't normally give something like this but...
    10/10

44Tim44...
    You can walk through the whole thing without touching any grass. At all.
    Other than that...hmm...

7/10

Well... That's kinda the thing, xD.

You're supposed to be able to get to
    the 2nd town without a Pokemon,
    since you will get your starter
    in the 2nd town...
    (I'm going to add scripts that keep
    you away from the grass)

//44tim44

Years
    Map Name: Route 5 (?)

Map Game:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    BPRE

Comments: This a route I have been working on for quite some time now. I thought I'd put it up here for some suggestions. This is my first time posting here so let me know of anything I need to change so I can break any bad habits now.
    EDIT: Oh and there's a trainer blocking the exit in the southwest corner between the two smaller trees.

Mapshot:
    Spoiler:
    w w w wow it amazing i love the shape its nice and big and i love cliff maps there so amazing well i give this 10/10 well done
    keep the good mapping up i would love to see more maps from you

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    it looks a bit like a route of ruby, but your version is way better^^
    hehe, yeah I drew some inspiration from Route 119 in Ruby.
    if we would be in need of a mapper i would ask you whether you want to join RomReaverz :p
    Wow, you have know idea how much that means to me. I know you guys have a pretty full roster but let me know if anything comes up ;)

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Been Awhile since I posted here. I'm...well very rusty with mapping. I just need some suggestions.

Map Name: N/A

Base ROM: Fire Red

Map:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Eh, like I said I need to practice, since I took a respite.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    I'll repost probably my favorite map again, since... its my favorite map and only got 1 review, so:

Map Name: Green Forest
    Used to be: Route 2 (FireRed)
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    I felt like inserting some tiles... not sure if I like em all that much... I'd only use them for this one map...

Please rate it :)

Spoiler:

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Uh... I posted this before, and apparently the whole last page got cut out, so, I present to you Edgepeak Cliffs
    Spoiler:

WARNING: It is a page breaker.

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Map Name: Geoya Path & Bloom Path

Map Game: FireRed

Comments: Made it 1 week ago please rate those 2

Mapshot:

Geoya Path:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Bloom Path:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Hello guys.
    So i spent a couple days making and editing this map.
    I think its the best thing ive made.
    And i hope you think so to.
    Fire Red
    Rate from 1-10.
    Please.

Map Rating/Review Thread

:)

colcolstyles

Yours truly
    Years
    Rated Map:
    Uh... I posted this before, and apparently the whole last page got cut out, so, I present to you Edgepeak Cliffs
    Spoiler:

Rating: 7.5/10

Reason: This is pretty good. I really like the shape of the entire route. The tree placement is good, it's not square, it's a pretty good route. I also really like how you used the space (the player has to travel through the entire map to reach the other side.

Suggestions:
    Maybe I'm missing something but ... is it possible to go through the entire route without surf? If you moved one tree on the it would work (maybe that was intentional, I don't know). Anyways, the grass placement is pretty good but sometimes you put too much and there are areas with too little. There are a few empty spots you could fill with trees or grass. The non-grass mountain tiles are kinda weird amongst all of the grass but the contrast does make it look less empty. The river gets a little square at the bottom. The only problems with this map are little ones. If you fix them all, you've got yourself one hell of a map. :)

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Can someone please rate my map instead of skipping it... :

Spoiler:

Map Name: Geoya Path & Bloom Path

Comments: Made it 1 week ago please rate those 2

Mapshot:

Geoya Path:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Bloom Path:

Map Rating/Review Thread

First Map: 7/10
    Reason: The ledges at the top don't work, and the small trees in the middle have tile errors. I like the shape though.

Second Map: 6/10
    Reason: Is kinda square to me, and I don't like the placement of trees, also, the random pathways kinda ruin it.

map name: breeze town
    hack of: pokemon emerald
    comments: well here's a map I just made, i made it out of boredom so i'm not expecting to win any awards

map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Rating: .2/10
    Reason: This map is not very good at all there are tile errors ALL over the place, the cliffs are way too square.. the placement of the trees is utterly horrible, along with the pathways. Another thing that bad is the placement of flowers. The waterfall does not look good there, and the borders will not work at all, and there is no way to get to the pokecenter. Sorry if I sounded harsh, but this map just needs to be fixed a little too badly.

EDIT: I didn't see your post before Colcolstyles... I guess I forgot to add that you will need surf to complete this map.. (Yes, you definetely get and need to use surf before here...)

Now onto 2 of my newest maps... (Yes, I finally attempted a city, my first attempt at an actually city ^_^)

Here's yet another route map:

There are connections from the bottom and from the right side... Also, I realize there is no grass on this map. There is a MAJOR reason for that, which I will not give away, as you will have to find that out in a future hack of mine.

Spoiler:

And now for my first CITY, not town, CITY. I think it came out pretty well. There are connections on the northern, eastern, and southern sides of this city.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2021
    Spoiler:

And now for my first CITY, not town, CITY. I think it came out pretty well. There are connections on the northern, eastern, and southern sides of this city.

Spoiler:

First map: 9.3
    Wow i like the path and the placement of the trees.

Second map: 8.6
    The city alright I didn't like the space in the road to the left house..

------

Map Name: Geoya City & Lorans Trick Path

Comments: The citty i made 1 week ago and the path today
    Please rate those 2 , Thanks

Mapshot:

Geoya City:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Lorans Trick Path 1:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    First map: 9.3
    Wow i like the path and the placement of the trees.

Second map: 8.6
    The city alright I didn't like the space in the road to the left house..

------

Map Name: Geoya City & Lorans Trick Path

Comments: The citty i made 1 week ago and the path today
    Please rate those 2 , Thanks

Mapshot:

Geoya City:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Lorans Trick Path 1:

Map Rating/Review Thread

First Map: 7/10
    Reason: I kinda like this map, but there is a tile error in the top left. The pathways are excellent, but I think you should reshape the water a little better.
    Second Map: 5.5/10
    Reason: I dont see any tile errors so thats good :), also, the grass and flower placement could use some help, along with the shapes of the cliffs.

After looking at your maps, I think you should try reshaping them, using a method that works wonders for me. ^_^

For water, jus scribble water around the general area you want the water to be. Tidy it up a little bit so it looks less square, like this:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    , then add the finishing touches and you have a pretty good looking sea/river
    Map Rating/Review Thread

For cliffs, just scatter around the 4 sides of the cliffs all around where you want the cliffs to be, like this:
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    , then just add the finishing touches, like before, and pretty cool and better looking cliffs.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Doing that, you could really help your maps out. If you do that, I will really rate your maps alot higher than before.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back