• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Siro Village
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Plz rate and comment.

Last edited:
    Years
    Siro Village
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Plz rate and comment.

7/10
    mainly because it looks too crowded. that's the only problem i have with it.
    the bottom house is over the path, so you could get rid of the hedge and put it back behind the path.
    notice how you have moss rocks up against the water? why is that? i see no reason why there couldn't be an item on the ground in the bottom right corner?

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Siro Village
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Plz rate and comment.

Nice, I like the map. It looks nice and simple. The map does look alittle crowded though...you shouldn't make the map too crowded. The map looks very nice with the bridges and all. You should've used the other type of houses. But I like the map 8D
    9/10

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    ^Hmm, not bad... I give it a 4/10. Reasons? Well, don't add so many flower boxes in a row, fix the trees, get rid of the lighthouse thing, and clear the space in the bottom right corner. It's to empty...

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    Okay, i had an hour advanced map so a little mistakes are not bad i think.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Hi!

here's my green route, where you start the game:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

and here's evergreen ville: (eeveon i got the name b4 i saw your post)
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    Hi!

Looks good, especially if you've just started recently. I like the use of "mountain" tiles, because it shows you've really got a sense of depth behind your mapping. Overall, however, it seems a little empty and "short" for a "route". Also, there's no grass; I don't remember there being a route without at least some wild grass.

8/10

Again, here, I like the concept. (The Gym being right there, and you're forced to pass it.) I don't like the use of just that particular house; I would expand the map a little, eliminate one of the houses, and re-arrange the others. Again though, nice sense of depth.

8/10

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2013
    Looks good, especially if you've just started recently. I like the use of "mountain" tiles, because it shows you've really got a sense of depth behind your mapping. Overall, however, it seems a little empty and "short" for a "route". Also, there's no grass; I don't remember there being a route without at least some wild grass.

8/10

it's like where you start the game, when you go through the house the route continues and there's no grass because you can't fight without pokemon

Again, here, I like the concept. (The Gym being right there, and you're forced to pass it.) I don't like the use of just that particular house; I would expand the map a little, eliminate one of the houses, and re-arrange the others. Again though, nice sense of depth.

8/10

yeah, it's going to be a way up to a mountain somewhere, but i dunno yet where...

but 8/10 is pretty good anyway :) thx

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hi!

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map Rating/Review Thread

Map 1:
    I really like the map.
    But there is too much empty space, u should fix that...8/10

Map 2:
    Again, another very good map, but too much empty space.
    U should be careful of that, that's a mistake a lot of people make....9/10

(For the name, u could use whatever name u like, that map of mine was just a random map and felt like renaming it. So don't worry, it's OK if u use the names that u want, even if they r the same as someone else. I try to make the names fit in with the town. ^^)

Neti

Inactive
    Years

Map 1:
    I really like the map.
    But there is too much empty space, u should fix that...8/10

Map 2:
    Again, another very good map, but too much empty space.
    U should be careful of that, that's a mistake a lot of people make....9/10

(For the name, u could use whatever name u like, that map of mine was just a random map and felt like renaming it. So don't worry, it's OK if u use the names that u want, even if they r the same as someone else. I try to make the names fit in with the town. ^^)

the second map has a bit too mcuch empyt space at the elft, but where do you find empty space at the first one? maybe theres some unsued space, but maps do need those places that dont serve a real purpose or they look unnatural
    i think thats one thing i critisized at your maps: you dont give the player any opportunity to leave the path

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, in some hacks, some places that have no exits, maybe it's a place to get warped to and from.

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Okay, here are some of my new maps:
    Hack Name: Awakened Legends
    Hack of: Gold
    Map Name: New Bark Town
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Description: Although I have already posted this map before, this one is a little differenent.

Map Name: Cave ? ? ?
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Description: This is just some cave in the game. Tell me how you like it.

Hack Name: Ancient Ruby
    Hack Of: Gold
    Map Name: Littleroot Town
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Description: This is a map of Littleroot Town. Sound familar? Well, this game is a remake of Ruby with 2nd Gen graphics. Tell me if it sounds like a good idea.

On this one just tell me which row is better. Top or bottom?
    Map Rating/Review Thread

.:God:.

Hiding in the silence...
    Years
    Map Name: Faelniwt Town (fail-new-ta)

Map Game: Firered

Comments: First for the new hack Pokemon- The Lost Kingdom: War Lords

Mapshot: Check Attachments

@Melash

Rating:
    Map 1: 7/10
    Map 2: 8.5-9.9/10
    Map 3: 6/10

Reason:
    Map 1: What happened? It looks like a meteor hit! It's a mess! And also, how many stories does the lab have? Like 24?
    Map 2: This depends on when the map shows up in the game. I mean. you need surf to get through it, so... halfway decent. What's the point of the rocks?
    Map 3: Extremely boring and empty. But.... it does look a lot like Rooty.

Suggestions:

Map 1: Give it a more spicy look and not a funeral-looking type of city like Lavender Town.
    Map 2: Not really a lot... just change the storyline like getting Surf after the 1st gym or something.
    Map 3: Fill it up, if you want it to be intresting.

Momoko

OMGOODNESS THATS NOT TRUE WDF!
    Years
    Sorry i have no time for rating right now X_X as im mapping at this very instant,but just checking to see what the hack is looking like so far.
    Map Name: HERATIO TOWN.

Map Game: Fire Red
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: Uhh, not much, used a tileset i found in the hackers resource (forgot name X_X) and uhh it'll be where you start for my hack (I'm redoing all maps with this tileset).

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Sorry i have no time for rating right now X_X as im mapping at this very instant,but just checking to see what the hack is looking like so far.
    Map Name: HERATIO TOWN.

Map Game: Fire Red
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Comments: Uhh, not much, used a tileset i found in the hackers resource (forgot name X_X) and uhh it'll be where you start for my hack (I'm redoing all maps with this tileset).

Ow Mannn, you used my rombase T_T
    Anyways, the map doesn't look so good to me. Plenty of errors I could see there. The houses and some other stuff. The map is empty and you should not have added the grass all over the place. You're border has also got a problem.
    5/10

Melash

Back for now.
    Years
    Okay, here are some more maps:
    Hack Name: Awakened Legends
    Hack of: Gold
    Map Name: Cove Island
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Okay, in my hack, Awakened Legends, instead of the Kanto Region, (Which got destroyed! Yes! Wait, how good of an idea is that...?) there's a different region (no name yet) that is made up of islands. This is an island that is more of a...er...comfty one. You know? Well, anyway, there are two legendaries here. The bottom path leads to Celebi's Forest (not the name!) and the bridge leads to Moltrase's Cave (no name yet!)

Map Name: Reef Island
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Okay, this is the first city you arrive after you take the boat from Jhoto. Nothing else to say about it!

Map Name: Mewtwo Cave
    Map Rating/Review Thread

This is the cave where Mewtwo resides. NOTE: There is supposed to be a cave entrance in the right corner. I forgot to put it in!

Enjoy!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back