• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacred Dragon

Yes, that's a Mewtwo
Years
  • Map Name: Route 116
    Base: Ruby (ENG)
    Creator: >Dante<
    Comment: A wild route...
    Map Rating/Review Thread

It is kind of tight-squeezed, but I still like it a lot.
    9/10

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2013
    Hi this is my first map pls rate it out of 10
    nareas.na.ohost.de/pic/route19.png

Years
  • Hi this is my first map pls rate it out of 10
    I see someone doesn't know how to put a link.

Anyway, here is my first map in awile. There are a few things I need to fix before going further. This is the starting town in my hack. It is SUPPOSED to be big. So anyone who goes "IT 2 BIG!!1!1!" is a moron.

Taty Town

Neti

Inactive
    Years
  • I see someone doesn't know how to put a link.

Anyway, here is my first map in awile. There are a few things I need to fix before going further. This is the starting town in my hack. It is SUPPOSED to be big. So anyone who goes "IT 2 BIG!!1!1!" is a moron.

Taty Town

I see someone doesn't know that you can only post links when you have 15 posts or more.
    :p

Both maps are great! Just waiting for others to comment on them, you know, i usually just watch this thread and dont participate :D

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hi this is my first map pls rate it out of 10

I really doubt that's your first map... unless you have this unbridled natural talent that just completely dominates over everybody else.

Rating: 7.9/10
    Comments: Just because it is detailed, does not mean it is good. There are a lot of tile errors throughout the map. The trees connecting to corners of the mountains are done wrong. Yes it is possible to fix that without individually editing the tile itself. There will be massive amounts of boarder problems in this map too. Another thing wrong with this map is that the waterfall is done wrong. Refer to Cape Brink (pointed out by Colcolstyles) for a correct reference to a waterfall. With everything I said up there, it's a solid map. ^^

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Hmm well here is my "burst" of creativity xD
    Map name: Unknown
    Mapped on: Fire Red
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    Gasp! I'd honestly expect better from you, Roy. Well, here's my opinions.
    Rating: 5.7/10
    Comments: There are a lot of flaws with this map, Roy. 11 Tile errors in counting. 5 things that should be classified as an error too >.<. The mountain's shape is well done, the rest of the mountains on the other hand aren't done well. They follow too well with the rest of it, which is kinda lazy. There are also a lot of straight parts which is just plain bad. (Glances to the top right) The waterfall (once again) is slightly done wrong with the edges. Same with all the other parts of the water. There needs to be a lot of fixing done to this map =(

Years
  • Gasp! I'd honestly expect better from you, Roy. Well, here's my opinions.
    Rating: 5.7/10
    Comments: There are a lot of flaws with this map, Roy. 11 Tile errors in counting. 5 things that should be classified as an error too >.<. The mountain's shape is well done, the rest of the mountains on the other hand aren't done well. They follow too well with the rest of it, which is kinda lazy. There are also a lot of straight parts which is just plain bad. (Glances to the top right) The waterfall (once again) is slightly done wrong with the edges. Same with all the other parts of the water. There needs to be a lot of fixing done to this map =(

How are the waterfall edges done wrong? it is exactly the same as how Nintendo/Gamfreak does it, and if you don't mind would you please point out the errors because I can't see them. And I agree on the back wall xD I didn't know what to do with it :P

The map on nareas looks like something from one of Neti's threads.

Dunn oif this is pointed at me :P

Gundam-Fighter

Look at the ickle Rhydon!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009

Taty Town

It seriously is too big for a starting town. There's no way I would bother walking that far to get from one building to another. Secondly, it shouldn't have grass as towns shouldn't have wild pokémon. Thirdly, for a map of that size it's a bit empty. Lastly, there is no way out of the town as far as the picture shows.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    How are the waterfall edges done wrong? it is exactly the same as how Nintendo/Gamfreak does it, and if you don't mind would you please point out the errors because I can't see them. And I agree on the back wall xD I didn't know what to do with it :P

Dunno if this is pointed at me :P

View my attachment. It should hopefully clear it up a bit.

@Gundam-Fighter

Who made the rule that a starting town can't be too big? Just because Nintendo does it, doesn't mean we have to follow in their footsteps. And besides, every map made by Nintendo is bad, and we didn't follow that. We kept progressing while Nintendo stayed the same in the making of FireRed.

Shadowlink77

WOW - LETHON - GANKEDD/ERASEDD
    Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    NEWBARK TOWN

This is my remake of the old NewBark Town.
    Please rate In comparison to the old map.

Actually all comments would be ok.

OLD MAP

Map Rating/Review Thread

NEW MAP

Map Rating/Review Thread

EDIT:: PICTURE QUALITY WAS DECREASED....PhotoBucket...*sigh* The colors are brighter but not to much.

CREDITS:
    BASE: Creator of Pokemon Sea
    Map: Myself

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • NEWBARK TOWN

This is my remake of the old NewBark Town.
    Please rate In comparison to the old map.

Actually all comments would be ok.

OLD MAP

Map Rating/Review Thread

NEW MAP

Map Rating/Review Thread

EDIT:: PICTURE QUALITY WAS DECREASED....PhotoBucket...*sigh* The colors are brighter but not to much.

CREDITS:
    BASE: Creator of Pokemon Sea
    Map: Myself

Pretty good, but I dont see the reason for the little "Puddle" that is there, or the area behind the platers house and the prof's lab...

7/10 for that

Shadowlink77

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    I had a prob with my tiles and the area behind the players house, when you click the rock it tells you all about me, the hack , and some secret info.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It seriously is too big for a starting town. There's no way I would bother walking that far to get from one building to another. Secondly, it shouldn't have grass as towns shouldn't have wild pokémon. Thirdly, for a map of that size it's a bit empty. Lastly, there is no way out of the town as far as the picture shows.

Sorry for the bold. I just wanted it to stand out, I guess.

Why can't a town have grass? Honestly, it's more of an island than a town, and you would expect it to be uninhabited by people, and to have plenty of wild things. There's also a thing called "people events", and I believe that t.A.T.u. could make like a flying Pokémon that could take you out of that town, or a boat, perhaps. And, honestly, that's about a minutes' walk from one house to another. Don't you spend about that much time in a route or a large city, anyways? I think you're just feeling lazy inside. ^^

And, as another point that I just now noticed, the grass doesn't begin until you get to the lab. There's a single spot to walk through, so one might assume that t.A.T.u. would put in a script to prevent you from getting there until you go through the lab and get your Pokémon.

Taty Town

I love the map. The trees are nicely scattered, although I feel that the upper-right hand corner is missing a few (medium-sized). The sandy paths are nicely done, as well.

I really don't have any complaints with the map, either. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what rom base did you use? I rather like it. ^^

Shadowlink77

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    Sorry for the bold. I just wanted it to stand out, I guess.

Why can't a town have grass? Honestly, it's more of an island than a town, and you would expect it to be uninhabited by people, and to have plenty of wild things. There's also a thing called "people events", and I believe that t.A.T.u. could make like a flying Pokémon that could take you out of that town, or a boat, perhaps. And, honestly, that's about a minutes' walk from one house to another. Don't you spend about that much time in a route or a large city, anyways? I think you're just feeling lazy inside. ^^

And, as another point that I just now noticed, the grass doesn't begin until you get to the lab. There's a single spot to walk through, so one might assume that t.A.T.u. would put in a script to prevent you from getting there until you go through the lab and get your Pokémon.

I love the map. The trees are nicely scattered, although I feel that the upper-right hand corner is missing a few (medium-sized). The sandy paths are nicely done, as well.

I really don't have any complaints with the map, either. Also, if you don't mind me asking, what rom base did you use? I rather like it. ^^

That map is nice and with what Vrai wrote why cant the towns have grass?? Why cause nintendo made it that way!? NO! thats stupid its a "HACK" Do your own sh*t Kudos to You mr.mapmaker for stepping out of the box.

BTW

I made a town and guess what one has grass in it OMFG!!! NOEESS GRAZZORZ NO!!! Lol thats dumb. It looks good and adds some quality to it.

Excuse my rant or not IDC

lvl 100 Meowth Easter Eggs in Grass IN TOWN EAster eggs FTW

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    That map is nice and with what Vrai wrote why cant the towns have grass?? Why cause nintendo made it that way!? NO! thats stupid its a "HACK" Do your own sh*t Kudos to You mr.mapmaker for stepping out of the box.

BTW

I made a town and guess what one has grass in it OMFG!!! NOEESS GRAZZORZ NO!!! Lol thats dumb. It looks good and adds some quality to it.

Excuse my rant or not IDC

lvl 100 Meowth Easter Eggs in Grass IN TOWN EAster eggs FTW

-_-

I was ranting, myself, at the one guy up there with the Mewtwo avatar.

I did not mean to say "OMFG EVERYTHINGS WRONG WITH THE MAP"

I quite think that, if used appropriately, grass could do well with a town. And, I meant that he did well.

As a last note: I have no idea what that last sentence means.

Oh, and kudos to you, for your map. It looks good. ^^

Shadowlink77

Years
    • Seen Aug 1, 2010
    -_-

I was ranting, myself, at the one guy up there with the Mewtwo avatar.

I did not mean to say "OMFG EVERYTHINGS WRONG WITH THE MAP"

I quite think that, if used appropriately, grass could do well with a town. And, I meant that he did well.

As a last note: I have no idea what that last sentence means.

Oh, and kudos to you, for your map. It looks good. ^^

Sorry let me rephrasee i was just annoyed Im being flamed for likeing hentai LULZ!!! Idots

Anyways

Vrai i was agreeing with what you said the map was nice.
    Maps more often should have grass in towns as well its new and adds to the theme if present. in that map "the island" grass was well placed and a nice complent to the map. Its TOO Big and Grass are no-nos should be a thing of the past.

Thank you for the compliment on My NEwbArk map if thats what you were saying.

Lol I hid a Meowth easter egg in one of my towns SMALL patch of grass ver low chance to find but you can get a lvl 100 meowth by walking around in it.

~Teh Panda~

Back in hacktion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2022
    Name : Marshell Town
    Hack of : Fire Red
    Comments : First town of Pokemon Oblivion, as you can see it is a rural town

Map Rating/Review Thread

Years
  • Name : Marshell Town
    Hack of : Fire Red
    Comments : First town of Pokemon Oblivion, as you can see it is a rural town

Map Rating/Review Thread

Hmm 7.5/10
    I don't really like the fact you can only go through the town one way, It seems though it might get a bit tedious trekking back around to get to above the town.

But other than that it seems nice.

EDIT:

Map Rating/Review Thread

Just a small island, don't know weather it will be used.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back