• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Map Rating/Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
Years
  • Ok. Thank you for the rating and the help with Picture uploading. Ima get an account on photobucket or imageshack or something. Do you have any suggestions about fixing Itrave Forest, like where to move some trees, and how to fix the lake or something in specifics?

hmmm, well........
    you can add more trees on the sides..........but not in rows, they must be put randomly..........
    and maybe also in the middle of the map, it is a forest so there must be many trees, maybe also blocs to jump over(don't know how they are called in english^^) and so on......
    if you want I can do this map for you, I'll improve it and send it, you must just say if you agree, but I'll help you only one time!! then you will need to understand yourself the princip of mapping........

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    now my own map

map name: route 104

map game: (maybe in) pokemon forgivenes (hack uf ruby)

comments: a map which will maybe be in my hack if I find place for it, if it will we inserted I think it will be the river which will lead to the pokemon league.....or maybe not^^

map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

(credits: WesleyFG rombase)

THANX FOR RATING!!!!!!! ^^

Last edited:

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • map name: route 104

map game: (maybe in) pokemon forgivenes (hack uf ruby)

comments: a map which will maybe be in my hack if I find place for it, if it will we inserted I think it will be the river which will lead to the pokemon league.....or maybe not^^

map:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

(credits: WesleyFG rombase)

THANX FOR RATING!!!!!!! ^^
    Since I don't know much about rating, Ima give it about an 8.3/10. The map is really good IMO, but, is it connected to maps on all sides? Because the borders would be screwed up anywhere you could get to...

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
    Years
  • DSoL
    I am totally sorry about my completely jerkish ***hole post towads DSoL. I was out of control, and am honestly sorry about it. Now, so this isn't spam, I'll rate Simdu's map.

@Simdu
    To be honest, this map is pretty good, congratulations.
    I think that your mountain is beautiful and perfectly shaped. The caves are pretty awesome and well placed.

Wait - hold up - map of Ruby? Great job at tile inserting by the way. It looks a lot like FireRed. Good job.

I think the river is beautiful.
    The icy rocks look great and are perfectly placed.
    The river is very well shaped.

Lastly, there is a tile error on the row of trees at the bottom right. Cool?

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • oh yeah, I see the tile error^^

well, in fact under the map I written: "credits: wesleyFG rombase"
    I don't want to say that I can't create tile and insert them, on the contrary I can very well, I am myself tiler and I'm working for a few persons creating tiles, but I hacked on the HG/SS rombase because my own tiles are completely different and I don't want to show them yet, it will be a surprise at my official return to hacking^^

@ DSoL: where can you see a connection on everyside? you can only exit south on the normal path and west through the river.......

anyway, thx for your rating :)

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • Name: Route Two
    Tiles: Kyledove

This map is connected all four ways

Spoiler:

wow!!! the map look realy really good!!!!!
    it looks very very natural, and it is very very playable also, and there are very very no tile errors or other, it is just very very perfect!!!!

rating:
    very very 10/10^^

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • oh yeah, I see the tile error^^

well, in fact under the map I written: "credits: wesleyFG rombase"
    I don't want to say that I can't create tile and insert them, on the contrary I can very well, I am myself tiler and I'm working for a few persons creating tiles, but I hacked on the HG/SS rombase because my own tiles are completely different and I don't want to show them yet, it will be a surprise at my official return to hacking^^

@ DSoL: where can you see a connection on everyside? you can only exit south on the normal path and west through the river.......

anyway, thx for your rating :)
    I actually ASKED if there were connections on all sides... If you were to walk to the uppermost left corner (left of tunnel entrance), you would see a little bit of a screwed up border...

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • @ DSoL: where can you see a connection on everyside? you can only exit south on the normal path and west through the river.......
    The top and right sides will be seen by the player in some places, so there are border problems on both of those sides.

Anselection

Malicious Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    Map Name: Route 1008
    Game: Pokemon Sunlight
    ROM: Pokemon Fire Red(MasterOfPuppets Rom Base)
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Route connecting to the bottom left part of Route 1007. I think I actually did decent on this map. Please rate like this: Pros > Cons > Suggestions > Rating(1-10)

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 1008
    Game: Pokemon Sunlight
    ROM: Pokemon Fire Red(MasterOfPuppets Rom Base)
    Mapshot:
    Spoiler:

Comments: Route connecting to the bottom left part of Route 1007. I think I actually did decent on this map. Please rate like this: Pros > Cons > Suggestions > Rating(1-10)
    I think this is pretty good. Looks natural. No tile errors I can see>But a little empty...>9.3/10

Here is my updated Itrave Forest:
    UPDATES: Fixed about 80 tile errors. Fixed lake shape(I hope), added a few trees to make it more like a forest.

Map Name: Itrave Forest

ROM Base: FireRed

Hack Name: Pokémon: Wrath of Enigma

Comments: Just a little edit, once again, this is my Celebi Event Map. Celebi would be 1 tile down and 2 tiles right from the top-right corner of the lake.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I think this is pretty good. Looks natural. No tile errors I can see>But a little empty...>9.3/10

Here is my updated Itrave Forest:
    UPDATES: Fixed about 80 tile errors. Fixed lake shape(I hope), added a few trees to make it more like a forest.

Map Name: Itrave Forest

ROM Base: FireRed

Comments: Just a little edit, once again, this is my Celebi Event Map. Celebi would be 1 tile down and 2 tiles right from the top-right corner of the lake.
    Map Rating/Review Thread

you need about 4 times more trees, and 0.5 times less empty space. the new lake looks more natural than the other one you had but its still not perfect. You haven't fixed the tile error on the bottom row of trees yet either D:

Yea so cause of the lake improvement and addition of more trees you've moved from a 3/10 to a 3.5/10 keep striving for success :D

simdu68

asleep all summer zzZZ
    Years
  • The top and right sides will be seen by the player in some places, so there are border problems on both of those sides.

ok, I'll just add 10 blocks up and right, then it will no more be seen ;D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

map name: route 105

map game: (maybe in) pokemon forgiveness (hack of ruby)

comments: west of map 104 that I posted a few before.......

Map Rating/Review Thread

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • Tropical's awesome map is awesome.

+1 awesome for HGSS Union Cave tiles, the only good tiles in the whole game.

Great shape, looks really...real-game-sorta thingy. I can't explain, but it seems like something from an actual Pokemon game.

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
    Years
  • Tropical's awesome map is awesome.

+1 awesome for HGSS Union Cave tiles, the only good tiles in the whole game.

Great shape, looks really...real-game-sorta thingy. I can't explain, but it seems like something from an actual Pokemon game.
    What do you mean, the only good tiles in the game?! XD

Thanks, but I was hoping for a more in-depth rating

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
    Years
  • Map Name: Route 18(for now)
    Map Game: Pokémon Eruption (BPRE)
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Map Comments: None, but please rate this map and tell me how I can improve it, if anything needs to be improved.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Map Name: Route 18(for now)
    Map Game: Pokémon Eruption (BPRE)
    Map Shot:
    Spoiler:

Map Comments: None, but please rate this map and tell me how I can improve it, if anything needs to be improved.

There is a tile error on your map, namely where the first tree in the bottom left connects with the path, also I don't like the 4 bushes surrounding a patch of grass, it doesn't look very nice. The placing of the rocks in the water doesn't look very good either, you should scatter them around more, especially since the player IS able to go past the rocks through the top, or even the middle :o

8.5/10

I only focused on the negative stuff, but there are some positives, such as nice tree placing, and the mountain addition is really good.

Darkest Shade of Light

Pokémon Midnight Sun
    Years
  • Ok. Here is an idea I got a little while ago. This map isn't quite finished, and I know there are a LOT of tile errors. But I want to know if this is a good idea.

Map Name:
    Frozen Field (Possibly)

ROM: FireRed

Comments: I just want to know how good of a map this is so far. There would be connections at the top and bottom.
    Map Rating/Review Thread
    All the white is snow. All the light blue are frozen rocks/grass.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • What do you mean, the only good tiles in the game?! XD

Thanks, but I was hoping for a more in-depth rating

The grass is ugly, the trees are okay and the houses are =|. Also, it's in 2.75D. Makes it horrible.

Ugph. Uhm, well, the placement of the rocky-things is really nice. Random but not overly done. The shape of the cave is nice as well, and the large cavern spaces make it really realistic yet to the game as well. The fact that you can go back to the cave later and find something else (it's not compulsory, right?) is cool too. I'm supposing that little block to the left contains some sort of item, which is, once again, awesome and incredibly in-character with the game (can't think of any other word, lol). The shape of the map is really nice, and although it might get tight in some places, it's generally really playable.

However, the mountain gap parts just south of the top path, south of the surf-exit and to the right of the south exit irk me. If you just joined them together, I'd think they'd look smoother.

Is that in-depth enough for you? xD

Also, I have a map.

Zubat Cavern:
    Map Rating/Review Thread

Self-explanatory, right? xD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back