• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marriage - When?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    I don't plan on ever getting married. Mostly because I can't see it happening.

The "lol i'm gay" thing also plays a part in it, but I'm trying to push that factor aside somehow.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Seems to me the sooner the better. Family is a basic enjoyment of life on earth (I mean at its maximum potential not bad marriages).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I don't plan on ever getting married as marriage is just a piece of paper and has no significant use.

Incorrect. While plenty of people are fine being together without needing the government's stamp of recognition, there are numerous federal benefits associated with marriage in the U.S. (most other countries reserve certain rights and responsibilties for married couples as well), and various other state-level rights and benefits that vary from state-to-state.

It's your right to not get that "piece of paper" if you don't want it but keep in mind marriage does have a "significant use".

Magik?!

Georgums.
    Years
    I don't think I'll ever actually get married, because of several reasons, but I still think there's a shift in a relationship when you decide it's the time to actually start behaving like you're going to start a family and stuff. I wouldn't want that shift until I'm finished university definitely, so probably any time after I'm 23. It depends a lot on the person though :)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Somewhat around 20-30. Honestly, I don't want to marry in an early age. It's just that I won't be enjoying my single life and have some fun with friends and stuff. XDD

xPsychosocial

A girl with kaleidoscope eyes.
    Years
    I've never really thought of an ideal age to get married, I'd get married in a few years if I met the right guy. I couldn't get married right now though, I'd never afford it and I'd have to take time off college. xD

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
    2-4 years from when I start dating the person from question. ;o

It's not a matter of what age, but rather how long one dates before they consider this big step.

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    You could try getting married then having your state recognize it as a civil union or a domestic partnership. I have friends who did that. I live in California and we do that.

Why would I want a piece of paper saying that I am not equal therefore I get the second best option saying, "Sorry you're not good enough."

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Why would I want a piece of paper saying that I am not equal therefore I get the second best option saying, "Sorry you're not good enough."

Why isn't it good enough? Did you know that DPs are EXACTLY THE SAME as marriages in CA in every regard except the name. If it is equal legal rights you guys want, DPs provide that so I think it's more about forcing acceptance of you lifestyle on society.

Anyway, back on topic... If you had the ability to marry someone of the same gender would you and when?

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I asked my boyfriend Jim when he'd like to get married. He told me when I started selling more of my novels and making some big money.

So I asked him... why hasn't he bought any yet?

Seriously though, marriage for my boyfriend and I will happen when we feel the time is right. For right now, we're just enjoying being a part of each others' lives.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I'd like to get married sometime when I'm older. I honestly see 28-33 a good age because I'd like to have a good down-payment on a house and be very secure financially before I make that decision. I want the factor to be love.. and not for any sort of rent breaks or stuff like that :/

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I don't think slapping an age range on something like 'when I want to be married' is really a good idea 'cause I don't want to try to predict the unpredictable, although I don't think people should jump into marriage too young (early 20s or younger). For me, I'd say it should be whenever I've met these criteria:

• I have a stable and successful career
    • I've grown adequately as a person to handle/be responsible for a marriage
    • I've found the right man
    • I've taken time and formed an unbreakable bond with him

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2010
    Marriage

You are absolutely right. It's the perfect age of marriage. Getting stable in your career and then get married is a good way to live happily.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back