• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Years
  • Has anyone played this yet? I just picked it up on Thursday and I must say, it's one of the best fighting games I've ever played! In my opinion, it's not as good as Tekken, which is my personal favorite, but it's extremely close. So close I can't even describe how close.

My favorite character is Amaterasu. I love the fact that she has multiple weapons, has some great speed, and uses elemental attacks. I love her so much, in fact, I actually went out and bought Ōkami as well. She's always on my team.

So, what are your opinions on this game? Who is your favorite character? If you play on PS3, hit me up for an online match sometime.

Oh, and if anyone is interested, here are some really awesome high resolution wallpapers: https://tinyurl.com/25bfzt9 .

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • I already have MVC2 on PSN and I don't really see the point of getting a sequel. The 2nd game is good enough to stand on its own without needing a sequel to add on more characters. Or, in this case, less characters. From what I've seen, it hasn't really changed the formula. Maybe it's a bit more balanced, no infinite jugglers etc., so it's got that, but it can't really fix the core gameplay. It can be tweaked a bit, but I'm not dropping $70 dollars on an HD reworking of a game I already own. I have MVC2, I'm happy with it, no reason to get this.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
  • I refuse to play it unless it has Megaman on it. Not trolling or anything ,but if you guys could let me know anything about it, I will buy it.It seems good,but Megaman is my favorite Capcom Character,and it wouldnt seem right to put Zero on there,but not Megaman.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • I already have MVC2 on PSN and I don't really see the point of getting a sequel. The 2nd game is good enough to stand on its own without needing a sequel to add on more characters. Or, in this case, less characters. From what I've seen, it hasn't really changed the formula. Maybe it's a bit more balanced, no infinite jugglers etc., so it's got that, but it can't really fix the core gameplay. It can be tweaked a bit, but I'm not dropping $70 dollars on an HD reworking of a game I already own. I have MVC2, I'm happy with it, no reason to get this.

The foundation might be similar, but it actually plays quite a bit differently than MvC2. It's a lot more fun, a lot more involved, and a lot more fair. I actually prefer the new one to MvC2, if only because I can pick my team of favorite characters and actually stand a chance as opposed to use one of like four top tier teams that are extremely cheap. Though, if the price is an issue, give it up to a year for the price to drop. It always happens.

Karel_Kazuki said:
    I refuse to play it unless it has Megaman on it. Not trolling or anything ,but if you guys could let me know anything about it, I will buy it.It seems good,but Megaman is my favorite Capcom Character,and it wouldnt seem right to put Zero on there,but not Megaman.

It is good. Sure, the actually roster choices are a bit disappointing, and I would have liked Megaman, but I think the game is really good overall. Zero has a pretty interesting play style, at least, and one of the best aspects of the game is that no two characters are the same.

"I personally play it on my 360, and prefer it over the PS3 (I don't like the PS3's D-Pad). My favorite character is X-23. She was a unique choice, and she's a pretty fun play as well" says MISAKA as MISAKA as she goes to play more.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I refuse to play it unless it has Megaman on it. Not trolling or anything ,but if you guys could let me know anything about it, I will buy it.It seems good,but Megaman is my favorite Capcom Character,and it wouldnt seem right to put Zero on there,but not Megaman.

I don't know if this is an appropriate comparison, but isn't that like putting Luigi in a Super Smash Brothers game while leaving out Mario..? Megaman started the whole freaking franchise - were it not for him, Tron Bonne and Zero might not even exist! And a Zero costumed stylized after Megaman doesn't count, either. -_-

A friend showed some videos to me earlier, and the game looks very nice, with stunning and amazing artwork to boot. The gameplay looks fast and frantic as well. I wish the Nintendo Wii got to join in on the action... :(

Anyway, I might try it out sometime this week to see how it plays. It does seem quite intriguing, though. :cer_nod:

Oh, and forcing palette swaps (something that comes in most games for free) to become priced DLC is a bit cheap, IMO...

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I own it.
    I like the game and all. But its not my type of game but I am gonna beat it. Just I suck at this genre game. But my favorite team is Zero, Dante, and Wolverine. But I choose different characters everytime. But Zero and Dante are really my favorite ones. But I need more practice I have other games to play xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I don't know if this is an appropriate comparison, but isn't that like putting Luigi in a Super Smash Brothers game while leaving out Mario..? Megaman started the whole freaking franchise - were it not for him, Tron Bonne and Zero might not even exist! And a Zero costumed stylized after Megaman doesn't count, either. -_-

Mega Man isn't Capcom's big player anymore. A lot has changed since Marvel Vs Capcom 1 came out, when Mega Man was still getting big-budget console releases. (He was pretty much only in MvC2 because he had a sprite)

Also Zero's model is probably part of assets taken from Tatsunoko Vs Capcom and reworked a bit, making it quicker to produce than a brand-new Mega Man model.

Also, Ryu is Capcom's Mario now. Your example would be much more accurate if Ken was in the game instead of Ryu, especially considering this is a fighting game.

Oh, and forcing palette swaps (something that comes in most games for free) to become priced DLC is a bit cheap, IMO...

The only DLC we've seen so far are brand-new costumes. Every character has 3 alternate colours, and some Marvel characters' alts are also texture swaps to boot.

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    My favorite character is X-23. She was a unique choice, and she's a pretty fun play as well

High Five. My team is X-23, Tron Bonne and Ichigo Zerosaki. Love X-23. It's funny she got a lot of grief when she was revealed. Now they can't wait to play with her. lol

Omn

Moogle King
    Years

You know just cause Megaman isn't in the game doesn't mean you shouldn't buy the game. When Zero was confirmed as a characterI looked at it on the technical side. Zero has a sword and a more melee based play style in the Megaman games while Megaman just has a mega buster and not really much of a melee style but they managed to put him in MvC and MvC2. But yeah I still say you shouldn't just leave cause Megaman is in it. And another thing they said that the majority of the roster would be characters that were never in the game. It's a really fun game and my Team so far is Zero, Akuma and Deadpool. I started with simple controls but i couldn't do the cool Hyper Combos i wanted so i have been slowly transitioning to Normal controls with the ps3 controller cause i don't have an arcade stick.

Years
  • You know, I don't think I actually stated this in my first post. My main team usually consists of Amaterasu, Chun-Li, and Captain America, but I also like to use Wesker and Dante. I'm also beginning to experiment with Deadpool and Zero. But I always, always have Amaterasu on my team.

Voul

S u p p o r t i n g [M e]
    Years
  • Has anyone played this yet? I just picked it up on Thursday and I must say, it's one of the best fighting games I've ever played! In my opinion, it's not as good as Tekken, which is my personal favorite, but it's extremely close. So close I can't even describe how close.

My favorite character is Amaterasu. I love the fact that she has multiple weapons, has some great speed, and uses elemental attacks. I love her so much, in fact, I actually went out and bought Ōkami as well. She's always on my team.

So, what are your opinions on this game? Who is your favorite character? If you play on PS3, hit me up for an online match sometime.

I would have to agree with you on the Tekken part. The game is pretty solid in terms of fighting and teamwork incorporation of combos and out-duing your opponent. My friend however dislikes the game for it's annoying, cheap, and unfair moments.
    I'm good with Dr.Doom, Chris, and Dormammu for the Xbox.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Such a fun game, me and my brother bought it a few days ago, it is soo much fun!
    This is the first game we have played in the series, and big ups seriously!

I'm playing on Playstation 3, and I love Dante, X-23 and Dormammu.
    Mind you, I love choosing Random All against my brother. Good fun!

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • You know just cause Megaman isn't in the game doesn't mean you shouldn't buy the game. When Zero was confirmed as a characterI looked at it on the technical side. Zero has a sword and a more melee based play style in the Megaman games while Megaman just has a mega buster and not really much of a melee style but they managed to put him in MvC and MvC2.
    I reckon they could put in EXE as dlc or for the next game. His moves are pretty diverse which includes a few melee attacks. While X would be pretty cool, it would be nice to see representatives from other megaman games. Like Dr Wily! XD
    So far I'm having a great time with MvC3. It pretty much has all the content that I want out of a fighting game. Don't really have a set team as I'm just constantly trying out new character, which is great fun.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    Including a half-finished Jill, which suggests both DLC characters were being worked on up until the very last minute they had to make changes to the code that would be shipping on the disc.

And about ten costumes I think are on-disc, the rest unfinished.

Years
  • I can't wait to have my full resident evil team. I haven't really had a set team. The only person I always stay with is Wesker <3! I hate how they made captian America terrible though :/ I can't wait to see who else they'll be releasing in the dlc's to come

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • My brother bought this for the 360 when it came out. I am NOT side scrolling, fighting game guy in the least bit... BUT DAMMIT THIS GAME IS FUN. I played on simple for a bit to get the hang of things but recently I've become proficient on normal. I thought it was just because my brothers and his pals sucked at the game, but just today they were playing this in the game room at my college and only one guy was really able to hand it to each and every time :(. My go-to team is Amaterasu, Akuma and X-23. See me pick these three and you'll know I'm in my "COME AT ME BRO" mode.

Speed

Skyward
    Years
  • I got it for the PS3 on release day, collector's edition. It's great, I remember telling myself I wouldn't get it, and here I am loving just about everything about the game. It's also one of the most balanced fighters I've ever played. I use Zero, Spidey, and Phoenix.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
  • IT'S MAHVEL BABEEEE!!

Ahem..
    Well sweeties, I played the game and I freaking love the game. I've been playing it on my friend's PS3 for a bit. After a few minutes of trying NOT to play the game as if was Tatsunoko vs Capcom or Marvel vs Capcom 2, it's really fun. So far my main team is Deadpool (I LOVE HIM! XD), Tron Bonne, and Chun Li. The game does feel slower than MvC2, but faster than TvC, but it's all good. My only gripe with the game is that I'm paying for DLC...that's on the disc.

Now I'm just waiting for Mega Man, Captain Commando, Phoenix Wright, Strider, Pyslocke, and Cable being playable.

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Needs a Marvel guy on my MvC3 team, but Amateratsu is soooo awesome :/

Wondering if Spidey's worth getting to know, Iron Man would be great range... Thor was on my team for a while but he's so slow. I just can't switch out my Tron Bonne and Zero's so awesome. If they have Megaman as DLC, I will have an entire Megaman team I'm sure lol

Back