• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds

Years
  • Iron man is really good, I'd say go with him. I'm not fond of spiderman much because of him constantly crouching. I would say Cap, but he's total garbage in this game. Magneto isn't too bad either, come to think of it

Twisted Cuteness

Always a team
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    I played storm twice last night and all I kept doing was those lame tornados that weren't crap compared to Arthurs range! I keep wanting to play her rush too :| lol I suck. I guess, but I don't like zoning. It's an amazing tactic, but I don't want a predominantly zoning character on my team, it's just not me :)

Artemis Enzeru

Neo-Human
    Years
  • I bought the game last week and I've been playing it like mad. My main team is Deadpool, Dante, and Chris. Second one is Zero, Amaterasu, and Spider-Man, and the third is Zero, Iron-Man, and Spencer. It's really been forcing me to break out of my Street Fighter mode definitely. And learning the controls is a must. Any button mashing is strictly punished. But it's well worth the practice, since I was bouncing my cousin up and down the screen with Aerial Team Combos.

Years
  • This is why I love this game! You can only button mash with like 2 people so when you battle people you can get a (semii) fair fight

Artemis Enzeru

Neo-Human
    Years
  • True;as opposed to other fighting games where I'd just sort of wing it, I was forced to learn every mechanic in order to stand a chance. For some reason, I had trouble guarding against attacks, but I got the hang of it. It's a necessity, especially Advancing Guard to force combo-happy people away from you.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    One of my favorite games of all time. I got it on the UK release date and so far loving it. It's my first ever Capcom fighting game, so it took me about a week or so to get used to the controls. (Heck, I still don't know a lot of stuff yet. I'm currently trying to master the jump -> hyper cancel but it's hard)

The game itself made me go buy some Marvel comics, and SSFIV (It's actually better than MvC3 gameplay-wise, if you ask me. More balanced and not noob-friendly at all. It even has more mode and better arcade.)

My main team is Spider-Man/Amaterasu/Hulk. I wanted a team with Spidey on point, and my friend helped me choose the second character. He told me how Spider-Man needs a multi-hitting assist to help him approach, so Ammy was my first choice right there. (Also, my best character is usually the second one, and Ammy is my main.)
    Hulk...I actually decided on him today. I had loads of option including Deadpool, Wesker, X-23, Sentinel, Dante...basically anyone with a fast OTG assist. It was a switch between DP and Wesker at first, but I decided to try Hulk today. Hulk has an amazing OTG assist (Gamma Wave), it's fast and powerful, and good to keep my opponents away (since Ammy's Cold Star hits close/mid range.) Hulk is a good stalling character so Ammy and Spidey can regain health (considering how horrible theeir healths are.) with his high health (3rd best, in fact.) and two armor moves. :D He's also my comeback character~
    I think MvC3 relies too much on your team set-up. (My original main team, which was Ammy/Taskmaster/Wesker, sucked. >_>) I'm just glad my main team has my favorite Marvel (Well, Tasky is tied with Spidey. :P) and Capcom.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • What does everyone think of the new DLC characters? At least the ones who got the Limited Edition, at least.

I think Jill is fast, but my big gripe with her is that she's not really like her RE5 counterpart in terms of personality? I'm not familiar with the background nor name of the other one, but he's pretty fun to use as well.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • What does everyone think of the new DLC characters? At least the ones who got the Limited Edition, at least.

I think Jill is fast, but my big gripe with her is that she's not really like her RE5 counterpart in terms of personality? I'm not familiar with the background nor name of the other one, but he's pretty fun to use as well.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    What does everyone think of the new DLC characters? At least the ones who got the Limited Edition, at least.

I haven't tried them yet, but will soon. So excited to try Shuma, I always loved Dormammu and another marvel-soul-eating-chaos-god-thing is welcome for me. And that pose. :O
    Not really looking forward to Jill, she plays similar to X-23 by the looks of it. But idk. :x

Years
  • I love Jill, though I wish they wouldn't have stuck her in her brainwashed outfit from RE5. her combos are fairly decent & makes a great addition to my now complete Resident Evil team

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    wesker is pretty good against projectile spammers. there's no uber magneto/storm/sentinel setup like there was in MvC2, the game is definitely more balanced so far.

Silver Soul of Johto

Journey's end
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2016
    What does everyone think of the new DLC characters?

X-factor Jill is even crazier than Chun-Li. I never really cared for Shuma other than playing Xmen vs Street Fighter online, and the MvC3 Shuma didn't really mesh with my playstyle yet. Jill is really fun though.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I still suck at this game D:< .
    I need to learn all the basics Since I am not playing it as much But I do love it.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I was playing this game vigorously haha.

My current team is Arthur, Dante, and Morrigan.
    omg another danter user :#

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
  • I don't have the game, but I'd REALLY like to have it...

From what my cousin says, they actually made it to where you feel like you're TRULY controlling the incredible Hulk, but he's not overly powerful...

That's a sign of good balacing...

& My favorite video game character of all times, Zero, is playable!

I used him on Tatsunoko vs. Capcom, he's one of my best, the other being Tekkaman Blade.

I love his new costumes, (especially the Mega Man X colored one!)
    & I read that he uses Genryu Zero(?),one of his boss moves on Mega Man X5, on this game.

Could someone tell me how good it is?
    For those who don't know moves by the name, it's the one where he shoots a HUGE slash wave from his Z-saber.

I was disappointed with the lack of a theme for Zero on T vs. C, but I also read that his battle music from X2 will be his theme on this game...

I, on purpose, played X2 without getting his part so I can battle him to hear this music & it's AWESOME, as all of his themes has been!

I think my team will be Zero, Amaterasu & Hulk.
    But I'd like to try each of the characters...
    Does Captian America really sucks?

Triva fact:
    If it would have gone Keiji Inafune's (the CREATOR of the Mega Man!) way, Zero would have been the main character of the Mega Man X series!

But Capcom was worried that fans wouldn't accept Zero as a "Mega Man", so they went with a more "Mega Man" like character, Mega Man X.

But happily for Inafune-san, Zero did get his own series, Mega Man Zero, where he took his intended place as the main character.

Back