• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    Maybe you can make fishing a bit more active... make it to where you can aim in different directions and chose how much power to cast with. Certain pokemon would be found in certain areas of the pond/ ocean/ lake. Like wooper could be found around the shore towards the muddier areas in ponds, tentacruel would be farther out in the ocean, inc. They can be found elsewhere in the pond/ ocean, it's just not so common.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Yup! I am planning to make fishing a lot more interactive and fun. I was thinking of doing it so that you can actually see the pokemon before you fish it in the water (maybe slightly blurred or faded so its not obvious)...but I haven't started working on it yet.

I have the first gym Leader! Her name is Ariadne and she gives you the Silk Badge
    Ariadne_by_Kymotonian.png

Ariadne is really girly Gym Leader that is not afraid to get down in the dirt and crawl in dark and damp places to find some new bugs. She owns a large Bug Vivarium that doubles as her gym.

She uses her pokemon's silk to make her beautiful dresses, which contributes to her thinking bugs are beautiful. She dreams of making her own fashion brand and everyone wearing clothes made by bug pokemon.

Followed by many nerdy male fans, she thinks humans are vile and prefers insects instead.

~Kian~

Spriter In The Making
    Years
  • wow i only just noticed this an well it looks great best online pokemon game here :) ill be supporting this and cant wait till it comes out good luck

thanks

~kian

Atomic Reactor

Sweet, she looks pretty good. I like her little biography to.
    You know, for the fishing system, you could do it like in Animal Crossing?
    Just a shadow of a fish, but depending on the pokemon, it would be different sizes.
    Like wailord and gyrados would be huge shadows. While magikarp and goldeen would be smaller. etc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2010
    This looks pretty great! Can't wait for a beta to come out :D

If this is done in flash, it looks exceptionally well done. Whenever I do anything in flash it usually turns out crappy XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Really? I've known a lot of girls with that name.
    You pronounce it ar-ee-AD-nee

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    I like how you provide a background on the personality and traits of the gym leader, definitely makes for some unique characters. Can't wait to see the other gym leaders and their appearance and relationship to their Pokemon type.

Also, as always with your art, great character illustration. :)

Jirachification

Head of Wish Maker Productions
    Years
  • Very nice design, Kyle. But how do you pronounce her name? I've never heard anything like it before.

It's from Greek mythology. Ariadne's the daughter of King Minos who helped Theseus escape from Minotaur's labyrinth by giving he a spool of thread that he unwound as he went in so he could follow it back out.

Rabla

Master of the Keyblade
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    Shotgun leader of Ariadne Fanclub. =P

Looking good. Cant wait for the next update.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • can't wait to play this looks so cool i think there will be loads of players though and it might get laggy but anyway looks good

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Thanks everyone.
    A bit of a funny story now, for a while we were completely unsure how to make berries in the game since its a multiplayer game. You couldn't put berry patches cos people would just steal your berries or something.

So we came up with this idea that you carry a plant pot around in your menu and you water it, etc....I was gonna post an update all about it and stuff but uuuunfortunately it looks like they're using this idea in HG/SS! Haha darn thieves :P

pokemasterintraining

New Beginning
    Years
  • Thanks everyone.
    A bit of a funny story now, for a while we were completely unsure how to make berries in the game since its a multiplayer game. You couldn't put berry patches cos people would just steal your berries or something.

So we came up with this idea that you carry a plant pot around in your menu and you water it, etc....I was gonna post an update all about it and stuff but uuuunfortunately it looks like they're using this idea in HG/SS! Haha darn thieves :P

That's a good idea Kyle, Also The Tiles In The Pokemon Center is
    a HUGE improvement to the old ones! So are the Pokemon school ones...
    I also Like The Fakemon... The Palette Fits them...

Another small question, In the future might you make these tiles public?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Wow.
    For the first time, i actually read over your entire first page and i was very impressed.
    Your ideas are very well though out, simple, and easy to understand.
    Your fanmon are well designed and i am excited to chose from 6 different starters!
    This game will be a HUGEE success upon release and not just people on PC will play this, but from all over the world!
    You are doing a good thing here with this game. I wish nothing but the best and hope to see it released.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I do envy how you can make up your own gym leaders. Due to the fact that I am making a recreation fangame, I'm very limited to the amount of things that I can customize. Either way, Ariadne makes a perfect gym leader.

What I really love about her is that she is a bug type trainer. Bugs are usually easy to train, much less to defeat, and making it the first gym seems very appropriate. Not only that though, but you gave her a believable background, to the point where I would expect to actually see her appear in the anime.

You never fail to impress Kyle, keep it up,
    Captain Arcane

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back