• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Massive multiplayer online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
  • This is just a small portion of the gym.
    Spoiler:
    Now that... THAT is awesome! xD I really love it, Kyledove. You're inspiring me more and more every time you show the public something new. The tiles are great, and so are the ideas. I really like the spider webs especially, and the ground tiles of the "dirt" part of the Gym are also awesome. I also like how you made it more MMO-friendly, and added a little room (even with cushions xD) for people to hang out.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • I love it Kyle.

It just screams GYM. It's truly amazing. And I really love how you partitioned the upper portion of the gym into a deep wood area, and an underground roots system. It's completely awesome.

The cob webs are great too, but what I really love is the living quarters. Now, I'm not sure if you are going to make the exterior different for each city ( I know I'm not), but either way, it looks amazing. I myself see it as; the inside counts the most, and with a world as big as mine, if I were to have different looking gym exteriors, it would be kind of difficult to locate a gym in one of my cities, unless they all had the same look. But, your case is different, you could create the exteriors, and it would fit perfectly with your world.

Though, back to the core topic; your gym is amazing, and I hope you realize the quality of your work, because it is of the highest quality.

I can't wait to see more Kyle, and I'm extremely happy for you with all your progress.

Don't give up,
    Captain Arcane

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Aw wow thanks Capt. Arcane,
    That's really good to hear from you.

They will all have different exteriors to match the gym. This gym is like a big bug vivarium with glass roofs, so if it had the usual Gym look outside, it really wouldn't fit.

I also forgot to mention another small new thing about Gyms...Not all of them will be in cities. Some might be completely isolated from humanity. This makes getting there half the challenge!

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Aw wow thanks Capt. Arcane,
    That's really good to hear from you.

They will all have different exteriors to match the gym. This gym is like a big bug vivarium with glass roofs, so if it had the usual Gym look outside, it really wouldn't fit.

I also forgot to mention another small new thing about Gyms...Not all of them will be in cities. Some might be completely isolated from humanity. This makes getting there half the challenge!

Haha! Awesome, that reminds me of the Koga's "real" gym. I'm not sure if you have ever seen that episode of the old anime, but Koga's gym is located high in the mountains near Fushia City, which is the only gym I really plan to replicate, with it's green pogado style roofs, etc.

And it is releaving to hear that each gym would be different on the outside.

Kindo

What!!
    Years
  • Wow I am truly ecstatic about this game,you can have the best quality maps while having all the quantity you want.You are a truly amazing person to make those kind of maps,they are one of a kind.

-Mr. Hack

unimair

Espeon With A IPod!
    Years
  • this is really nice work!

your own creation of a pokemart and pokecenter,
    i will play this for sure if this is released!

it looks way to good to refuse playing it!

greetings,
    Unimair!

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
    Years
  • You say that is just a small portion of the gym? DAMN! Those things are going to be big then!
    And awesome!
    This work outdoes all others. Sorry to break it to everyone else. It even surpasses Nintendo's efforts. If only you ahd the 3-D engine, then that would make it all the better. But that's probably the only way it can get better.
    No other way.
    The cobwebs are just AMAZING! I love where they're strewn, how they're strewn and I love the floor tiles too. Beautiful. I can see you are putting much effort into this game to make it one of the best out there. correction. THE best out there. It will be. And I'm sure it's going to be the hype of all pokemon when you release it.
    I'll even spread the word. And I'm sure they will too.
    Great job Kyledove, Great job indeed.
    I can't wait to see the Water Gym! I'm so excited that you said there's going to be a gym for each type!
    I love your work.

~Aqua

Years
  • I really don't want to do this, I am a terrible mapper, and you the god of mapping

But there is one thing I don't quite understand about the gym.

Is the inside walls supposed to be mirrors or glass?
    If its mirrors, completely disregard my comment

But if it is glass, and it would make sense, because spectators could watch the battles. Then isn't this a map error, because the glass wouldn't go over the wall?

If you dont understand me, i can always repost with a picture

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    I really don't want to do this, I am a terrible mapper, and you the god of mapping

But there is one thing I don't quite understand about the gym.

Is the inside walls supposed to be mirrors or glass?
    If its mirrors, completely disregard my comment

But if it is glass, and it would make sense, because spectators could watch the battles. Then isn't this a map error, because the glass wouldn't go over the wall?

If you dont understand me, i can always repost with a picture

I think I know what you mean, and to answer your question, it is very thick glass. xD

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • All I can say is wow...... Simply wow........ Should have seen something this great coming from you........ Im eager to play ;)

Need help with trainer sprites thats my main strong point. I can do various custom trainers and what not check my thread its the second one in my sig under my threads spoiler tag....... Any you like let me know Ill revamp em and let ya use em. Also if by chance you want to use my fakemons in that thread let me know which ones.

Years
    • Seen Dec 22, 2009
    that's scabies. Anyway, your work is becoming more complex and much more interesting. If it were to get much better, it'd be 3D.

born2hack

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    Good going! LOVE IT! You are the best tiles maker I ever cam across.

Last edited:

Nyu~♥!

Pokémon Opal Producer
    Years
  • AMAZING. I will totally play that game. I downloaded your sinnoh tiles(from dA), but they are not seperated so I guess I'll have to do it myself! But I still like, it's worth it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2024
    Well I've been doing a lot of work on it...just don't want to spoil it.

lately I've done a lot of work on battle backgrounds!

Newer_mmo_GUI_by_Kymotonian.png

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back