• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Master Ball in ORAS

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
  • Who did you guys use your Master Ball on?

I've yet to use my Master Ball. I caught Groudon with an Ultra Ball got lucky and got Rayquaza with a Poke Ball and got extra lucky and caught Deoxys with my first Quick Ball. As well caught one of the dimension Pokemon with an Ultra Ball but I forgot it's name, the psychic one.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    It was Rayquaza. I wanted to soft-reset for a decent one and sure as shit wasn't gonna try to normally capture it while doing that.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • I used it on Mewtwo. Figured I wanted to get it done and use its Mega.

Are you thinking of X & Y, actually?

I ended up using it on Groudon, which was a terrible decision, because I couldn't catch Deoxys for the life of me at the end of the Delta Episode ;; Master Ball would have been perfect in that situation. Thank goodness we're given a second chance after beating the E4 again haha.

Years
  • It appears this thread confused me, but in AS I used it on Deoxys. Do watch if discussions get too broad though.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • I might not even have to use my Master Ball, tho Ho-Oh might be an option since it's got 20pp and I don't want to risk it killing itself with struggle. Tho I could get lucky again like I did with Deoxys and catch it with a Quick Ball first try. Sorta waiting for a rare Pokemon with a low catch rate or even a legendary that's shiny. Ya never know when you'll absolutely need it.

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Ultra Balls on both Groudon and Rayquaza. I was shocked when Deoyxs appeared. Boy was I happy that I had the Master Ball.

Years
  • I am the worst at using the Master Ball. I always refuse to use it on anything and end up just keeping it in my bag forever.

I got lucky with Groudon considering he has Rest, I very nearly used it there but kept at the Ultra Balls. Have yet to do Delta Episode so it may end up being used on Deoxys if it gets frustrating enough.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    Still haven't used my Master Ball yet. I've been saving it for whenever I bother to go after Zekrom or some other legendary with a ridiculous find requirement, and even then it's only a last resort for if I can't catch them with something else. There's something nice about just having a Master Ball in my inventory.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Still have mine in my bag, never know if a shiny legendary comes up and you need to use it. Plus it gives me a sense of achievement if i make it through the game and catch all the legendaries without using it

(still surprised so many people used their masterball on deoxys, i caught it on my first try with my 12th ultra ball, guess i was lucky)

Last edited:

IsaacTwentySeven

Shiny Electivire
    Years
  • Still holding onto the Master Ball, I've caught most of the legendaries in the game without needing to use it - plan on holding on to it for that rare occasion in which I find a shiny Abra, Graveler, Voltorb, or some Pokemon knowing Memento.

OffRoadSP

Still working on Sun & Moon...
    Years
  • Still holding onto the Master Ball, I've caught most of the legendaries in the game without needing to use it - plan on holding on to it for that rare occasion in which I find a shiny Abra, Graveler, Voltorb, or some Pokemon knowing Memento.

^Pretty much exactly this. Though I haven't obtained my Master Ball in ORAS yet, this is what I always save them for.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Since it doesn't let you save in between catching Rayquaza and Deoxys, I caught the latter with the Master Ball. Didn't want to run out of Ultra Balls and have to catch both of them a second time.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Groudon because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it like in did in Ruby and Sapphire. I was not in anyway expecting to catch a Rayquaza and Deoxys back to back. Otherwise I would have used it on Deoxys. It took like 5 resets of that battle to catch both.

Didn't even know you could catch a Deoxys till it was too late.

Years
  • used mine on dexoys when it started spammng recover but i managed to get a shiny Ho-oh with a masterball on GTS and yesterday i won the 1st prize in the Lillycove store and won another masterball

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Groudon because I didn't want to spend a lot of time on it like in did in Ruby and Sapphire. I was not in anyway expecting to catch a Rayquaza and Deoxys back to back. Otherwise I would have used it on Deoxys. It took like 5 resets of that battle to catch both.

Didn't even know you could catch a Deoxys till it was too late.

That sounds just like my situation haha. I used my Master Ball on Groudon like, immediately, thinking it'd be hard to catch. If only I had realized Groudon has a really high catch rate and that Deoxys would be level 80 with Recover xD

Back